Robbed?: post your complaints

RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Re: Robbed?: post your complaints 

Post#181 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:03 pm

At least once admittedly, more if you look at evidence

Yang Yun (China): Yang competed at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney and won an individual bronze on the uneven bars. At the time she competed under documents listing birthdate as December 2 1984,[33] which would have made her 15 years, 9 months old during the Olympic opening ceremonies. She later revealed in a television interview for CCTV that she had been 14 years old in Sydney; clips of the interview were removed from YouTube in August 2008.[34][35] Her competition of age of 14 was confirmed by sports officials in Hunan province.[14]
Know anyone who is disabled? has an addiction?
HandyTax - Your Canadian Disability Tax Credit Consultants
http://www.handytax.ca
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant

Post#182 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:04 pm

I'm looking at the shadow and understanding the deceit
manun
Lead Assistant
And1: 57

Post#183 » by manun » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:15 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yun_Yang
However, in a state sponsored documentary entitled "Yang Yun: My Olympics", Yang allegedely states, "I was fourteen years old in Sydney. So I thought that even though I fall this time, I could do better next time. I would have another chances."

And how can u compare someone being a year younger than a grown up person taking drugs and knowing if they fall this time there will be no other time. :oops:
The shadow just thickened and Immanuel Kant says that the cause of B cant just be dechipered by cause A, chain reaction cycle ruined.

Couldnt it just have been that the chinese state sponsored documentary wanted to show to other gymnasts that being young and dumb is better than to never try and always complain?
Imagine if she was 15 and took drugs to win the gold? Its nothing compared than her being underaged 1 year and winning bronze, shes an idiot for not doing like americans! We dont care about measly bronze medals, if u cant bring gold than u might as well lose with pride than doing drugs. Im sure the youtube video was taken away because of all american cheating critics , and china dont want one of their citizens to be ashamed of something she accomplished.
China doesnt create cheaters, they support ppl that have dreams but only if they fight for it.
Have u seen chinese sport writers writing degrading stuff about america? No, because we support winners and if they are found cheating we will be negative.
At least chinas anti-programs for kids dont do drugs is working.

Ron ron on how commited he is to the team.
If he tells me to jump off the building, I'll jump off the building.
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant

Post#184 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:51 pm

again, you're the one bringing up drugs

There is a rule in place and it was broken. The IOC usually has no problems taking away medals but didn't in this case. It is unfair to the 15-year olds who actually wait until they are eligible to compete.

Judging by what you wrote in the other thread, YOU seem to have a hate for the US, even when no one brought them up.
manun
Lead Assistant

Post#185 » by manun » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:05 pm

RockTHECasbah wrote:again, you're the one bringing up drugs

There is a rule in place and it was broken. The IOC usually has no problems taking away medals but didn't in this case. It is unfair to the 15-year olds who actually wait until they are eligible to compete.

Judging by what you wrote in the other thread, YOU seem to have a hate for the US, even when no one brought them up.

I dont hate USA, i got family there and i love that country when going to canada. But what i hate is over patroism and name callings. U ask ur teacher if someone that is blind cant see reality and then name calls everyone would be loved?
If any americans feel bad what i wrote then i apologize, but not to the name calling ones /over patriotic ones. Have u thought about how these girls feels? I havent even seen anyone write about phelps taking drugs etc etc, ur judging them by how they look. Doesnt asian look young, my mom is like 50 year old and ppl say she look 30. So when she wants her pension after retiring she wouldnt get it because some dude says she looks 40? Btw, shes from asian country and during her times they didnt have birth certificate but they know her age knowing the moons circulation (unlike the suns circulation in the western world).

Like this dude in the other thread says:
Point forward wrote:BTW, yesterday in German TV they ran a 5min piece asking why the US sportswriters staunchly asserted that the US was the Nr 1 Olympics 2008 nation. The US journalists said "only medal count is relevant, all the others do it so", and the Germans did a quick query at the Australian, Chinese and French stations, and they all said that Gold > everything else. The report ended with the question why Americans are perceived as arrogant, self rightous and always inclined to bend the rules so that they fit the best. :lol:

Thats the view everyone else in the world has of america.

RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant

Post#186 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:21 pm

how am I being blind

the evidence shows that some of these girls were listed as 13 or 14 and all of a sudden are 16

i don't care how young they look

and there is no evidence that Phelps takes drugs

people (Americans) attack Lance Armstrong (and many baseball players) for this all the time

what you're saying is that since you don't like how Americans act, China (an others) should be able to get away with anything
canoner
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#187 » by canoner » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:39 pm

RockTHECasbah wrote:how am I being blind

the evidence shows that some of these girls were listed as 13 or 14 and all of a sudden are 16

people (Americans) attack Lance Armstrong (and many baseball players) for this all the time

what you're saying is that since you don't like how Americans act, China (an others) should be able to get away with anything

IOC has decided that the "evidences" are non-verifiable and are tossed out. In every dispute, both sides have evidences in their favor. It is up to the system to decide whose evidence carries more weight. Keep yelling "I have evidence" after the judge has decided it is inadmissible is the classic act of sore losers.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,639

Post#188 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:55 pm

canoner wrote:

IOC has decided that the "evidences" are non-verifiable and are tossed out. In every dispute, both sides have evidences in their favor. It is up to the system to decide whose evidence carries more weight. Keep yelling "I have evidence" after the judge has decided it is inadmissible is the classic act of sore losers.

Please. I'm not American. I hate gymnastics for the most part. I'm not a sore loser. If you think anything that came out of the IOC investigation has any credibility and should be accepted at face value, you are just burying your head in the sand.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant

Post#189 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:16 pm

not when the system or judge is wrong or corrupt

Kim Gwang Suk (North Korea): Kim, the 1991 World Champion on the uneven bars, competed in the 1989 World Championships at the estimated age of 11 or 12 and was active on the international circuit between 1987 and 1993. The North Korean Gymnastics Federation submitted inconsistent dates of birth for Kim at various competitions, claiming that she was 15 for three consecutive years. The case of Kim Gwang Suk is the only one to receive any sort of penalty or disciplinary action from the FIG, who barred the North Korean women's team from the World Championships in 1993.[25]

Lavinia Agache (Romania): Agache competed at the 1981 World Championships at the age of 13, under a passport which gave her year of birth as 1967. She was in fact born in 1968. The falsification was suspected as early as 1981; Agache confirmed her 1968 birthdate to International Gymnast magazine in 2000.[7][26][27]

Olga Bicherova (Soviet Union): Bicherova, the 1981 World Champion in the all-around, was introduced at an early 1981 meet as a 12-year-old, but had a 1966 birthdate at the 1981 World Championships later in the same year.[28][29][7]

Gina Gogean (Romania): Gogean competed in the 1991 World Championships and 1992 Olympics with a passport with a 1977 birth year. However, in 2002 her original birth certificate was uncovered by the media, revealing she had been born in 1978.[9][30]

Alexandra Marinescu (Romania): Marinescu, a World and team Olympic medalist in the mid-1990s, had her birth year advanced from 1982 to 1981 in order to be eligible for the 1995 World Championships and 1996 Olympic Games.[16][9]

Olga Mostepanova (Soviet Union): Mostepanova, who competed at the 1983 and 1985 World Championships and is the only gymnast in history ever to achieve a 'perfect' score of 10.00 on all four events in a major all-around competition, has been reported as having 1968 and 1969 birth dates, but has stated that she was actually born in 1970.[31][32]

Daniela Silivaş (Romania): Silivaş, a multiple World and Olympic gold medalist, competed as a junior until 1985, when her birth year was changed from 1972 to 1970. She went on to compete at the 1985 World Championships at the age of 13. Silivaş revealed the falsification publicly in the media in 2002.[17]

Yang Yun (China): Yang competed at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney and won an individual bronze on the uneven bars. At the time she competed under documents listing birthdate as December 2 1984,[33] which would have made her 15 years, 9 months old during the Olympic opening ceremonies. She later revealed in a television interview for CCTV that she had been 14 years old in Sydney; clips of the interview were removed from YouTube in August 2008.[34][35] Her competition of age of 14 was confirmed by sports officials in Hunan province.[14]

Only one of these people was punished, both the IOC and the FIG are corrupt

If you were wrongly tried for a crime would you stop arguing your case if you lost?

furthermore, http://209.20.80.25/vsite/vcontent/cont ... em,00.html is the latest standing on the issue
manun
Lead Assistant

Post#190 » by manun » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:25 pm

u cant punish ppl after 10 years in some countries. even if u did something wrong after 10 years u cant bring them to court or take back whatever they did.
Also what new stuff did the sore ass loser american journalist find this time? Also everyone was saying they look young because of their age and thats when the sore ass american journalist started to dig after made up birth certificates. Not before . Everyone based their age on their looks even before they started to have the games.
What will they dig up next time? That yao ming is bio engineered, oh wait.... there is already a book about that from some american.

RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant

Post#191 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:35 pm

again, who cares if they are American????

it seems only you do

what would be your stance if Nastia Liukin won 5 gold medals as a 15-year old in Athens (2004)?
manun
Lead Assistant

Post#192 » by manun » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:39 pm

RockTHECasbah wrote:again, who cares if they are American????

it seems only you do

what would be your stance if Nastia Liukin won 5 gold medals as a 15-year old in Athens (2004)?

I would be proud because she is the best on in her sport, rite. And if china came second or third i wouldnt care and hope they would be ashamed for losing for someone so much younger and hope they do better next time.

RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant

Post#193 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:46 pm

ok good,

I do agree that the rule is bad

but that doesn't mean you shouldn't enforce it
canoner
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#194 » by canoner » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
canoner wrote:

Please. I'm not American. I hate gymnastics for the most part. I'm not a sore loser. If you think anything that came out of the IOC investigation has any credibility and should be accepted at face value, you are just burying your head in the sand.

You can think whatever you like. Sticking to some "evidences" that are not defendable while ignoring all legally accepted evidence seems to be the way of burying ones head in the sand.

There is a broad sense of sore losers. Many westerners are feeling the threat from Chinese, and they are very sore nowadays getting their behind kicked. Instead of getting up and doing something (such as working 40 hours a week, or allowing business on Sundays), French, Brits, and many other old Europeans only know how to whine and complain. It doesn't take a crystal ball to tell which direction their future is leading to.
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant

Post#195 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:21 pm

you are the one making this a complex geopolitical issue

its an issue of there being a rule, and someone violating the rule

the IOC is one of the most corrupt organizations on this planet, and only paying attention to evidence saying that a gymnast is 16, that is provided by a home country which had has no problem falsifying ages in the past IS ignoring all of the evidence
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant

Post#196 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:27 pm

and why do Chinese people have so much sex during March???
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#197 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:08 pm

Court: Wrestler who dropped medal was right

By (AP) 42 minutes ago

BEIJING (AP)—It turns out that the Greco-Roman wrestler who was stripped of his bronze medal for dropping it in disgust on the mat had reason for being angry, according to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Ara Abrahamian of Sweden complained to CAS that a penalty in the second round of his 84-kilogram bout on Aug. 14 against Italian Andrea Minguzzi wasn’t assessed until after the round ended. Once factored in, Abrahamian automatically lost the match. Minguzzi went on to win the gold medal.

Abrahamian’s coach was then denied a request for a video review, then the wrestling federation—the International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles, or FILA—refused to consider a protest.

The 28-year-old Abrahamian had to be restrained from going after matside officials following his loss to Minguzzi. He stormed away from the area where interviews are conducted and slammed a door to the dressing rooms.

After he was given his bronze during the medals ceremony, Abrahamian walked off the podium, went over to mat and dropped it in disgust and walked away. On Aug. 15, the International Olympic Committee disqualified Abrahamian and stripped his medal for violating the spirit of fair play during the medal ceremony.

The Armenian-born Abrahamian—who also lost a 2004 Olympic semifinal match on a disputed call—initially wanted judges in the bout tossed out and his medal restored. But in the end, he only wanted CAS to verify that the lack of an immediate appeals process is a loophole that needs to be fixed. It also was referred to as a violation of “the Olympic Charter and FILA’s own rules about fair play.”

Judges said Abrahamian was right.

“We limit ourselves to ruling that FILA must, consistently with the (Olympic) Charter and general principles of fairness, establish for the future a jury of appeal to determine the validity or otherwise of complaints of the kind ventilated by (Abrahamian),” the judges wrote.

Elsewhere in the 20-page ruling, judges noted several times that FILA did not appear at a hearing.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#198 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:13 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijin ... &type=lgns

In a chaotic episode that might ultimately prove to be the tipping point to Olympic doom, American two-time defending gold medalist Steven Lopez was eliminated from gold-medal contention on a controversial referee’s decision. Lopez would go on to win bronze in the 80-kilogram weight class, but not until after his team leader, Herb Perez, had filed a protest and then ripped the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) for intimidation and gross mismanagement of the sport’s rules and oversight.

“When (poor judging) happens to you, you’re told to shut up and not say anything because of what will happen to you, or what will happen to the sport,” Perez said. “If this is truly what taekwondo is about, maybe taekwondo shouldn’t be in the Olympics. Maybe they should fix it.
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant

Post#199 » by RockTHECasbah » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:39 am

I'm going to summarize the arguments used by some:

1. Americans are dopers. Therefore, it is OK for the Chinese to cheat.

2. The best athlete won. (not necessarily, those gymnasts who didn't falsify their ages are beign left out)

3. Americans are sore losers. Bella Karolyi is a sore loser. (Again, it is irrelevant whether the cheaters placed 1st or 10th, it is still cheating. Furthermore, Bella was quite gracious and wanted the rules to be applied fairly)

4. Yang Yun confessed on STATE TELEVISION (OMG, nooooooo, who cares)

5. Yun wanted to compete so its ok, and much better than doping like those Americans and finishing 1st. (This is akin to me robbing a bank because I am poor, robbery is still robbery.)

6. China's anti-drug policy is working, while the United State's is not.

7. Being underaged may not be an advantage. (Who cares, a rule is a rule. It should apply to ALL or NONE.)

8. China doesn't create cheaters. They are perfect.

a) Bronze medals mean nothing to China.
b) If China can't win gold, they would rather lose with pride than use drugs. (does this mean, they would use drugs if they CAN win the gold?)
c) China doesn't want Yun to be ashamed for admitting her true age when she accomplished something (that meaningless bronze medal)

10. The people who unearthed the evidence are AMERICAN (OMG WTF they AREEEEEEEE??!?!?)

11. I trust the IOC, and the infalliable Chinese, despite documented lower ages and age changes.

All of this while maintaining no animosity towards the United States (which YOU claim), and who you brought up. These arguments are augmented by poor grammar.

I will add/adjust later.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,639

Post#200 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:13 am

canoner wrote:There is a broad sense of sore losers. Many westerners are feeling the threat from Chinese, and they are very sore nowadays getting their behind kicked. Instead of getting up and doing something (such as working 40 hours a week, or allowing business on Sundays), French, Brits, and many other old Europeans only know how to whine and complain. It doesn't take a crystal ball to tell which direction their future is leading to.

What a load of crap. In a thread where you call Americans arrogant, no less. This isn't jealousy, or anti Chinese, or whatever other nonsense you're pushing now.

The 40 hours a week or no work on Sunday comment makes you look just as ignorant as the stereotypical/mythical Americans you've been passive aggressively insulting all thread.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.

Return to Olympics