The Single Worst/Lamest Olympic Event

The Raging Bull
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: The Single Worst/Lamest Olympic Event 

Post#21 » by The Raging Bull » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:59 am

LLJ wrote:
The Raging Bull wrote:Gymnastics Rhythmic. Who the hell wants to watch ribbons twirling around and ****. Lame.

What, cute young girls twirling bondage around isn't amusing to you?

Not 16 year old ones, no.
tha_rock220
General Manager
And1: 564

Post#22 » by tha_rock220 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:52 am

Why is shooting an olympic sport??? Why not just add poker and texas hold'em to the list of events for London????

Weightlifting is pointless, trampoline is pointless, sync swimming and diving is pointless.
Luv those Knicks wrote:you were right
Nuzzo
Banned User

Post#23 » by Nuzzo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:16 pm

^^^
I have no problem with shooting, but why not make it with real guns...It will be cool if USA shoots with Colt, Italy with Beretta, China with Norinco, Germany with Heckler & Koch, Austria with steyr...

Weightlifting is pointless because the athletes take so much doping that they crap **** with depleted uranium.
captain_cheapseats
Starter
And1: 1

Post#24 » by captain_cheapseats » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:17 pm

To me it's either sync springboard diving or boxing.

Sync springboard diving because it's pointless; just regular diving with two people at once. If they were somehow throwing each other or something along those lines then I'd be fine with it, but they aren't even on the same board.

While I love boxing generally, the scoring issues have become so ridiculous at the Olympic level as to render it a sad, sad event. The IOC needs to either (1) find high quality judges and allow them to score bouts using rational criteria, or (2) eliminate the sport all together. As a fan I really hope it's choice (1).....
mcmasterballer1
Banned User

Post#25 » by mcmasterballer1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:05 am

The Raging Bull wrote:Gymnastics Rhythmic. Who the hell wants to watch ribbons twirling around and ****. Lame.

are you serious that **** is mesmerizing man! twirling that ribbons makes your blood run
Dry_Fish
RealGM
And1: 8,377

Post#26 » by Dry_Fish » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:29 am

Why is Phelps in London? Why doesn't London get someone from the UK? What about the diver, Daley?
canoner
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by canoner » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:03 am

tha_rock220 wrote:Why is shooting an olympic sport??? Why not just add poker and texas hold'em to the list of events for London????

Weightlifting is pointless, trampoline is pointless, sync swimming and diving is pointless.

Shooting is an Olympic sport because all humans were hunters at a time. Hunting was the way of living. It was much more meaningful to humanity than say swimming (we never lived in water).

Weightlifting is pointless? What are you talking about? "Stronger" is one of the three words in Olympic motto.

I suppose trampoline, sync swimming and diving, gymnatics all were mix of sports and art. We human strive to achieve strength and beauty at the same time.
canoner
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by canoner » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:05 am

Dry_Fish wrote:Why is Phelps in London? Why doesn't London get someone from the UK? What about the diver, Daley?

That interview was lame and that crowd was pitiful. It might ahve been a NBC thing rather than a UK thing.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#29 » by Joker » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:38 pm

Nuzzo wrote:^^^
I have no problem with shooting, but why not make it with real guns...It will be cool if USA shoots with Colt, Italy with Beretta, China with Norinco, Germany with Heckler & Koch, Austria with steyr...

Weightlifting is pointless because the athletes take so much doping that they crap **** with depleted uranium.

LOL, whaaaaaa?

It's one of the most traditional, classic, fundamental Olympic events of all time. It's like trivializing the purpose of athletics or wrestling.
Nuzzo
Banned User

Post#30 » by Nuzzo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:00 am

Read the full sentence, please.
Mike Hunt
Lead Assistant
And1: 37

Post#31 » by Mike Hunt » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:34 pm

In another similar thread, I threw out dressage also. It's frustratingly stupid.

In terms of events they should bring back, I think it's all about the tug of war. What a brilliant idea to just throw away like that.

As for sports I'd like to see added to the olympics, I think that volleyball that you can only play with your feet would be extremely entertaining.
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#32 » by gamer4Life » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:04 am

Mike Hunt wrote:In another similar thread, I threw out dressage also. It's frustratingly stupid.

In terms of events they should bring back, I think it's all about the tug of war. What a brilliant idea to just throw away like that.

As for sports I'd like to see added to the olympics, I think that volleyball that you can only play with your feet would be extremely entertaining.

Sepak Takraw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CP6ykzsK0M
jTF2
Head Coach
And1: 96

Post#33 » by jTF2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:04 am

gamer4Life wrote:
Mike Hunt wrote:In another similar thread, I threw out dressage also. It's frustratingly stupid.

Sepak Takraw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CP6ykzsK0M

This is the greatest sport ever.
On the Kardashian sisters:
Boognish wrote:
True Warrior Zo wrote:Why are they all standing with their legs crossed?

Keeps the evil spirits from escaping

Return to Olympics