2012 Battle of Sports Forums

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

silentjim
Freshman
And1: 7

Re: 2012 Battle of Sports Forums - Roll call 

Post#21 » by silentjim » Wed Aug 1, 2012 11:53 pm

Checking in for the Fantasy Basketball Cafe.

silentjimxxx@xxxhotmail.com
rkcf
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#22 » by rkcf » Thu Aug 2, 2012 6:53 am

njwong530xxx@xxxgmail.com

i emailed kb to join up - he should do so soon hopefully

I guess I'll be that guy: Are we jettisoning the last forum gets the boot rule? Are there just not more forums to take that 4th spot anymore?
Rounders Block
Sophomore

Post#23 » by Rounders Block » Thu Aug 2, 2012 7:10 am

rkcf wrote:I guess I'll be that guy: Are we jettisoning the last forum gets the boot rule? Are there just not more forums to take that 4th spot anymore?

The latter. The Lounge disbanded/no longer exists, and they were supposed to take over for the last place forum. Just so we can plan ahead - are there any other fantasy hoops forums out there that we don't know of? Can't think of any off the top.
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Post#24 » by Curtis Lemansky » Thu Aug 2, 2012 7:44 am

Rounders Block wrote:
rkcf wrote:I guess I'll be that guy: Are we jettisoning the last forum gets the boot rule? Are there just not more forums to take that 4th spot anymore?

The latter. The Lounge disbanded/no longer exists, and they were supposed to take over for the last place forum. Just so we can plan ahead - are there any other fantasy hoops forums out there that we don't know of? Can't think of any off the top.

Rotoworld maybe?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
KB89
Sixth Man
And1: 199

Post#25 » by KB89 » Thu Aug 2, 2012 3:33 pm

Here from RotoKingdom.

CBooone89xxx@xxxgmail.com
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Post#26 » by writersblock » Thu Aug 2, 2012 4:25 pm

If we can't find another forum to add, why don't we just add more people from each of the forums already in the league and nix the "last place forum gets nixed" thing?
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
hailfire4
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#27 » by hailfire4 » Thu Aug 2, 2012 5:48 pm

Look at the trades last year Durant for Horford, Gortat for Dirk, Felton for David West (ouch even at the time), Joe Johnson for Griffin. Dang near every trade was a Buser team involved. Maybe that is the key to finishing last make lots of trades.
The wrongest is always the loudest.
Redhopeful
Sophomore

Post#28 » by Redhopeful » Thu Aug 2, 2012 5:54 pm

writersblock wrote:If we can't find another forum to add, why don't we just add more people from each of the forums already in the league and nix the "last place forum gets nixed" thing?

Let me get this straight, you want to expand the number of individual participants in the league?
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Post#29 » by writersblock » Thu Aug 2, 2012 5:56 pm

Redhopeful wrote:
writersblock wrote:If we can't find another forum to add, why don't we just add more people from each of the forums already in the league and nix the "last place forum gets nixed" thing?

Let me get this straight, you want to expand the number of individual participants in the league?

Wait, no. For some reason I thought we needed to replace a forum in this league and that we were short. I think I was mistaken.
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
Redhopeful
Sophomore

Post#30 » by Redhopeful » Thu Aug 2, 2012 5:56 pm

Curtis Lemansky wrote:
Rounders Block wrote:

Rotoworld maybe?

I prefer this option over just nixing the forum boot rule. Anyone know anyone prominent on their forums or should we just get in touch with one of their writers and let them figure it out?
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#31 » by Curtis Lemansky » Thu Aug 2, 2012 6:45 pm

Redhopeful wrote:
Curtis Lemansky wrote:
Rounders Block wrote:

Rotoworld maybe?

I prefer this option over just nixing the forum boot rule. Anyone know anyone prominent on their forums or should we just get in touch with one of their writers and let them figure it out?

Me too. That fantasy basketball forum is quite active too, in fact they already have a mock draft for the upcoming season in place. They will make a nice addition.

I'm following one of them on twitter, I can try to get in touch with him for 2013 - 2014 season, if everyone is alright with it.

Rounders Block
Sophomore

Post#32 » by Rounders Block » Thu Aug 2, 2012 6:51 pm

Curtis Lemansky wrote:
Redhopeful wrote:
Curtis Lemansky wrote:Rotoworld maybe?

Me too. That fantasy basketball forum is quite active too, in fact they already have a mock draft for the upcoming season in place. They will make a nice addition.

I'm following one of them on twitter, I can try to get in touch with him for 2013 - 2014 season, if everyone is alright with it.

Sounds good.
sly
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 46

Post#33 » by sly » Thu Aug 2, 2012 6:51 pm

We could add them this year ? Any harm in this?
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#34 » by hamncheese » Thu Aug 2, 2012 7:46 pm

sly wrote:We could add them this year ? Any harm in this?

Just dashing the hopes and dreams of the buser forum. :D
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
KB89
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by KB89 » Thu Aug 2, 2012 7:52 pm

I was looking at the results posted on the first page, and I could've sworn UCLA from RK won the first season of this league. Maybe I'm mistaken though, but I'm almost sure of it. I'll try to go look it up. I think it was the 2004 season.
KB89
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by KB89 » Thu Aug 2, 2012 8:07 pm

Yeah, I looked at UCLA's profile and he did get first in the 2005 season. I would link to the league but I can't remember what screen name I used for that league. But here's UCLA's profile where the first league listed on the profile shows his first place finish. Was anyone else that participated in the early years of this league still here that can link to the league's page?

http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/user/D ... ar&order=1
Rounders Block
Sophomore

Post#37 » by Rounders Block » Thu Aug 2, 2012 8:10 pm

KB89 wrote:I was looking at the results posted on the first page, and I could've sworn UCLA from RK won the first season of this league. Maybe I'm mistaken though, but I'm almost sure of it. I'll try to go look it up. I think it was the 2004 season.

Yeah it was '05-'06. Here's what I dug up...

1. UCLAccord (RK)
2. Dutch (Fantasykings)
3. LDubLakerPride (Fantasykings)
4. KB89 (RK)
5. sly (Rotofreak)
6. a2f_gus (Fantasykings)
7. magnumt (fantasybasketball.com)
8. GTO (RealGM)
9. stickempco (RealGM)
10. Wes (Rotofreak)
11. Writers Block (RealGM)
12. SantaKlaus (Fantasykings)
dcdoorknob
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#38 » by dcdoorknob » Thu Aug 2, 2012 8:19 pm

It seems to me like, if we were going to bring in rotoworld this year, it should have been thought of by someone sooner, instead of after we've already had all 4 from busersports already check in to play this year. But I do agree that contacting them about it for next year is definitely a good idea.

Assuming we do just keep the same 4 forums for this year, looks like we're all checked in. I suppose we could go ahead and do the draft order the same way as previous years at this point, although there really isn't a hurry. We use this, right? http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#39 » by Curtis Lemansky » Thu Aug 2, 2012 8:49 pm

Rounders Block wrote:
KB89 wrote:I was looking at the results posted on the first page, and I could've sworn UCLA from RK won the first season of this league. Maybe I'm mistaken though, but I'm almost sure of it. I'll try to go look it up. I think it was the 2004 season.

Yeah it was '05-'06. Here's what I dug up...

1. UCLAccord (RK)
2. Dutch (Fantasykings)
3. LDubLakerPride (Fantasykings)
4. KB89 (RK)
5. sly (Rotofreak)
6. a2f_gus (Fantasykings)
7. magnumt (fantasybasketball.com)
8. GTO (RealGM)
9. stickempco (??)
10. Wes (Rotofreak)
11. Writers Block (RealGM)
12. SantaKlaus (Fantasykings)

Can you also post their records so I can update the spreadsheet and post it in here? Stickempco was from Realgm as well.

Brian, I didnt know you played in here all the way back in 2005 :)

Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#40 » by Curtis Lemansky » Thu Aug 2, 2012 8:54 pm

dcdoorknob wrote:It seems to me like, if we were going to bring in rotoworld this year, it should have been thought of by someone sooner, instead of after we've already had all 4 from busersports already check in to play this year. But I do agree that contacting them about it for next year is definitely a good idea.

Assuming we do just keep the same 4 forums for this year, looks like we're all checked in. I suppose we could go ahead and do the draft order the same way as previous years at this point, although there really isn't a hurry. We use this, right? http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm

Agree on all fronts. We should contact Rotoworld to ensure their participation in 2013 - 2014 season, not for this season.

And yeah we'll use the link for the lottery, I'll probably get it done next week Monday(6th of August). That gives everyone nearly a month to prepare for the draft.

Let's set the draft start time as 3rd of September if nobody objects to it. It is late enough so we'll have a very good picture of depth charts, yet early enough that we'll have no trouble completing it before the start of the season.

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues