The PGA Golf Thread

A place to talk about sports that are not covered by other forums and the gateway to other sports getting their own forums.

Moderators: Doctor MJ, kdawg32086

rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,277

Re: The PGA Golf Thread 

Post#41 » by rockmanslim » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:17 am

rockmanslim wrote:Looks like Tiger won't be DQ'ed. Assessed a 2 stroke penalty.

But if he wants to do the right thing, he should DQ himself, withdraw. He gained an advantage by breaking the rule, and then he signed an incorrect scorecard. Ignorance of the rule is no excuse.

If he respects the game, he will withdraw. Does he really want a tainted win?

Golf isn't like other sports in this respect. In other sports, "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'." Not so in golf. Golf is a gentleman's game, a game of honor and integrity where players police themselves.

Tiger should do the right thing and set an example.

You're an idiot, rockmanslim. If you can find the time to get off your high horse, please read this:

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger ... rsy-absurd
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

rockmanslim
General Manager

Post#42 » by rockmanslim » Wed May 8, 2013 10:33 pm

Rickie's mom

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZryIkyo9Bb0[/youtube]
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

rockmanslim
General Manager

Post#43 » by rockmanslim » Fri May 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Tiger eagles the par 5 2nd, and can't contain his smile afterwards lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqoktE-nPig[/youtube]
click

rockmanslim
General Manager

Post#44 » by rockmanslim » Sun May 12, 2013 11:21 pm

"How 'bout that eh?!"

:rockon:

sad_chamblee.jpg
click

rockmanslim
General Manager

Post#45 » by rockmanslim » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Dufner is a disgusting, tobacco spitting, fat slob.

When Tiger spits on the course once in a blue moon, he catches hell. But here we have Dufner spewing his disgusting tobacco spittle all over the grass, nobody says a thing.

God I hope Furyk pulls this out.
click

mrsocko
Sixth Man
And1: 873

Post#46 » by mrsocko » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:13 am

10 GREATEST GOLFERS OF ALL TIME

1.Jack Nicklaus - 18 majors - 19 seconds in majors. 73 wins. 6 Austalian Opens(when everyone played it) & 5 World Series of Golf(10 year exemption for winning but did not count as a tour event?). Greatest driver of the ball in history(see his total driving stats which are impossible). Great course architect and golf ambassador.

2.Tiger Woods - TIGER Slam. 79 WINS 14 MAJORS. Had the benefit of being able to see all of Nicklaus' records
but can't beat the one that's the most important.

3.Bobby Jones - First Grand Slam - 13 majors(old format). Retired at 28. Became Greatest golfer of all time(till Jack) in his spare time. Created the Masters.

4.Ben Hogan - 3 Majors in one year but couldn't play the PGA because of injuries. 64 wins and 9 majors while barely playing the Open.

5.Walter Hagen - 11 Majors & 6 Western Opens(when it was considered a major)!
6.Gary Player - 9 Majors 166 tourny wins around the world
7.Sam Snead - 82 & 7
8.Arnold Palmer - 62 & 7
9.Byron Nelson - 52 & 5. 18 in one year! retired at 34
10.Tom Watson - 39 and 8 - 5 Open Championships

I know alot of you think Tiger is better than Jack, but I disagree. If it were just based on stats Barry Bonds would be the greatest ball player of all time
But he ain't.
It's easier to break the records if they are right in front of you and the guy your chasing can't do a thing about it. But if Nicklaus was chasing Tiger's recods does anyone doubt he would break most if not all. 8 times Nicklaus did not win the Vardon because he never played enough rounds (family time) that year. You add in his British Open wins in the voting for PGA player of the year like it is now and he wins 2 more plus 2 more money titles. He finished first or 2nd in the money every year. If he was chasing Tiger and didn't care about his family, he could have won 14 money titles by playing one or 2 more tournys a year. Jack was not popular in his early days because he was taking Arnies spotlight so he missed Player of the Year Awards he easlily should have won.

I look at a players history as divided 50 50 between the majors and the rest of their careers. Tiger is #1 in accomplishments outside the majors and #3 in the major department to Nicklaus and Jones who had 13 wins at age 28. Jack is #2 on the accomplishments outside the majors and #1 in majors.

Let's see your lists.
Dick expectation level 0/5
rockmanslim
General Manager

Post#47 » by rockmanslim » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:37 pm

brandel chamblee being threatened with a lawsuit from tiger's agent.

about time. chamblee is an attention craving, jealous blowhard, a true azzhole.

skip bayless is scum, but chamblee is lower than scum. at least skip does it with a twinkle in his eye, while chamblee is full of personal spite and deep seated hatred. fck him.
click

kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#48 » by kdawg32086 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:00 am

The WGC-HSBC Champions tournament kicks off tonight in China.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#49 » by SharoneWright » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:14 am

Thank Brandel someone actually said it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dou8GRzVk7o[/youtube]
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
rockmanslim
General Manager

Post#50 » by rockmanslim » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Honda Classic, 2nd Round, 15th Tee, as Tiger hits his tee shot, someone in the crowd yells "Get some, T-Dog!"

:lol:
click

rockmanslim
General Manager

Post#51 » by rockmanslim » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:42 am

Rory is looking chiseled now. Looks like he's been putting in major work in the gym. Amazing how he's transformed his body. He looks like an actual athlete now. I think I may be a fan now.

Almost makes me want to get back in the gym. Almost.
click

CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#52 » by CJ_18 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:47 pm

rockmanslim wrote:Rory is looking chiseled now. Looks like he's been putting in major work in the gym. Amazing how he's transformed his body. He looks like an actual athlete now. I think I may be a fan now.

Almost makes me want to get back in the gym. Almost.

Yeah I'm actually kinda surprised. Apparently Wozniacki played a big role in getting him into fitness.

Golf still does and always will revolve around Tiger though.

On Sunday, television ratings were down for a third straight major; on Monday, about 500 PGA professionals were laid off by a major retailer; on Tuesday, a long-time golf magazine announced it would cease publishing its print edition; and it was all punctuated by a previously planned national TV program featuring the numerous current issues within the industry.

“But the economy, the downturn in participation, the decline of Tiger Woods and too many products flooding the market cut into Dick's bottom line so much that the company seems to be giving up on winning the golf equipment business,” Rovell writes.

“A spokeswoman for the PGA of America said more than 400 of its members who were employed as golf instructors at Dick's were notified Tuesday that they would be laid off,” reports the Wall Street Journal's Sara Germano.
rockmanslim
General Manager

Post#53 » by rockmanslim » Wed Aug 6, 2014 6:42 pm

CJ_18 wrote:Golf still does and always will revolve around Tiger though.

Yes it does.

Did you catch the crowd watching Tiger tee off for his practice round today? That was insane. The gallery was packed. For a Wednesday practice round lol.
click

rockmanslim
General Manager

Post#54 » by rockmanslim » Wed Aug 6, 2014 6:44 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GameOnWUSA9/status/497083054259982338[/tweet]
click

CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#55 » by CJ_18 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 5:25 pm

rockmanslim wrote:
CJ_18 wrote:Golf still does and always will revolve around Tiger though.

Yes it does.

Did you catch the crowd watching Tiger tee off for his practice round today? That was insane. The gallery was packed. For a Wednesday practice round lol.

Tiger Mania was in full effect! They showed him driving into the parking lot, putting his golf shoes on. Then they go shot-tracer out for his warmup on the range before he went out for a practice round. Tiger Tracker was analyzing and tweeting about every one of his shots in the practice round, and every shot was filmed and analyzed on Golf Channel that night.

I watched all of his round yesterday and will watch it all today. Other than that, I''ve been watching a little bit of Rory but thats about it. I am scared of how good he is right now.

I just think Tiger has to be realistic when he’s out there. He has to accept the fact that he has been banged up and even he admits he’s “rusty” and “needs more reps” to build his game back up. Well guess what Tiger, there’s no time to build your game back anymore and ease into it. It’s the PGA Championship, a major and maybe the last time you play for another 6 weeks, if not 2015. You have all offseason to get your game to where you want and and be able to practice all the shots you want to be able to hit in competition. Reality is, you haven’t had time to practice. You say you ‘were dialed in’ on the range today before your round (hitting all draws) and then you come out and try to hit all these different shots and you hit some fat, double cross, snap hooks, huge pushes. Just hit the ball! Hit the same shots you ‘dialed in’ on the range. You know you can hit that high draw right where you want it. I stood there behind you last year on the range and saw you hit 100/100 of your warm up shots a draw, dead straight. So when you don’t have the reps/confidence to hit other shots, just hit that! He was trying to do too much today, and it cost him. On pins on the right, you will be in the middle of the green, and on left pins, you can draw it in perfectly. You are good enough that all you have to do is avoid mistakes/big numbers, and you will be in contention. Like Haney said, you don’t have to ‘make’ anything, you just have to avoid the big misses, 3 putts, etc. Gotta stop shooting for perfection every shot when you haven’t been able to practice to perfect the shots.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,653

Post#56 » by G R E Y » Fri Apr 8, 2016 3:02 am

Oooooh Ernie...
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#57 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm

Wake up the echoes.

Tiger’s back.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Hiserfuld
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#58 » by Hiserfuld » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:58 am

Hello dear friends, need help with finding an reviews site with gold cars tires ? I found this one Golf car tire, and tire reviews any other ideas?
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#59 » by Dmagic » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:41 pm

Tiger woods won Masters today. Jack's record not so far off. Look out!
ronald5QR
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#60 » by ronald5QR » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:09 am

Golf isn't like other sports in this respect. In other sports, "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'." Not so in golf. Golf is a gentleman's game, a game of honor and integrity where players police themselves.
Tiger should do the right thing and set an example.

I think that golf wins in many aspects, in comparison with other sports, because it gives you a lot of time to concentrate on your moves and options, which you have to do before making a kick. If you want to know more abut golf, and read review on Monster Golf Swing, which is well-known program, I can share with you this link ( https://delmarlifestylepubs.com/ ), where you can find the comprehensive analysis made based on it.

Return to General Other Sports Talk