Serena Williams - A DISGRACE TO THE SPORT

A place to talk about sports that are not covered by other forums and the gateway to other sports getting their own forums.

Moderators: Doctor MJ, kdawg32086

anish23
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,911

Serena Williams - A DISGRACE TO THE SPORT 

Post#1 » by anish23 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:19 am

AND THIS TRASH WOMAN WHO ALWAYS PLACE A CERTAIN CARD IS CONSIDERED AN IDOL AND GOAT?...

Look, these are the simple facts:

Yes, tennis coaches coach from the stands and break the rules, but usually this is only verbal encouragement — Serena’s coach gave hand signals on how to specifically adjust her game — the hand signal was to play closer to the net because Osaka was destroying her on baseline rallies. This would be a pretty huge adjustment in strategy. Even if Serena never sees the hand signal, the signal itself is a violation. She should blame her coach instead. The coach 100% deserved a warning.

Serena then slammed her racket in frustration which is violation #2, and a loss of a point. She has been playing the US Open for 18 years — if she doesn’t know by now a coaching violation means a racket slam is two violations, not one, then she simply failed to prepare for her job. Serena 100% deserved to lose a point.

Serena verbally berated the chair umpire in front of the whole stadium, and she vehemently argued for something she was wrong about, since her point loss was justified. She had a very violent tone when she demanded an apology from the chair umpire, wagged her finger like a bully, and then started to insult his character by calling him a thief, liar, and a sexist, and also said she will use her power to make sure he never umps another match of hers again. Serena 100% deserved to lose an entire game.

4. Serena then made a complete joke out of “Women’s Rights” by, once again, arguing something she was completely wrong about. Men players do get violations for cursing or yelling at the chair umpire. All the time. But here is the thing — they usually cease after their first official violation (a warning only), so they don’t end up forfeiting points or games. She was already on two violations and did not correct her behavior like most players do (men and women both). Cursing or yelling at the chair umpire is a single violation, same as getting coaching from the stands or slamming the racket. To make it an issue of sexism is petty, insecure, and ignorant and she made it seem like men players get away with bullying umpires, which is not the case. Also, as someone pointed out in the comments, Serena then tried to use her daughter as a moral shield, playing the Mommy Card — this insane logic that since I have daughter I am by default innocent is the last refuge of an Entitled Brat.

5. This is a woman who at the 2009 US Open threatened to kill a line-judge over making the correct call, physically intimidating the much smaller woman with her racket. She should be grateful they still let her play the tournament.

“I swear to God I’ll take the f—king ball and shove it down your f—king throat.”

~ Serena “Woe Is Me” Williams, after she stepped on the line during her serve, which is an illegal move

And then we have the 2011 US Open — more bullying of a chair umpire by calling her a loser and ugly on the inside, with another threat of violence if the umpire dared to look in her direction, after she deservedly got a violation for screaming at her opponent — in all three US Opens she clearly made violations, and then wanted a free pass:
Utah Jazz for Championship :)
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,665

Re: Serena Williams - A DISGRACE TO THE SPORT 

Post#2 » by LordCovington33 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:54 pm

anish23 wrote:AND THIS TRASH WOMAN WHO ALWAYS PLACE A CERTAIN CARD IS CONSIDERED AN IDOL AND GOAT?...

Look, these are the simple facts:

Yes, tennis coaches coach from the stands and break the rules, but usually this is only verbal encouragement — Serena’s coach gave hand signals on how to specifically adjust her game — the hand signal was to play closer to the net because Osaka was destroying her on baseline rallies. This would be a pretty huge adjustment in strategy. Even if Serena never sees the hand signal, the signal itself is a violation. She should blame her coach instead. The coach 100% deserved a warning.

Serena then slammed her racket in frustration which is violation #2, and a loss of a point. She has been playing the US Open for 18 years — if she doesn’t know by now a coaching violation means a racket slam is two violations, not one, then she simply failed to prepare for her job. Serena 100% deserved to lose a point.

Serena verbally berated the chair umpire in front of the whole stadium, and she vehemently argued for something she was wrong about, since her point loss was justified. She had a very violent tone when she demanded an apology from the chair umpire, wagged her finger like a bully, and then started to insult his character by calling him a thief, liar, and a sexist, and also said she will use her power to make sure he never umps another match of hers again. Serena 100% deserved to lose an entire game.

4. Serena then made a complete joke out of “Women’s Rights” by, once again, arguing something she was completely wrong about. Men players do get violations for cursing or yelling at the chair umpire. All the time. But here is the thing — they usually cease after their first official violation (a warning only), so they don’t end up forfeiting points or games. She was already on two violations and did not correct her behavior like most players do (men and women both). Cursing or yelling at the chair umpire is a single violation, same as getting coaching from the stands or slamming the racket. To make it an issue of sexism is petty, insecure, and ignorant and she made it seem like men players get away with bullying umpires, which is not the case. Also, as someone pointed out in the comments, Serena then tried to use her daughter as a moral shield, playing the Mommy Card — this insane logic that since I have daughter I am by default innocent is the last refuge of an Entitled Brat.

5. This is a woman who at the 2009 US Open threatened to kill a line-judge over making the correct call, physically intimidating the much smaller woman with her racket. She should be grateful they still let her play the tournament.

“I swear to God I’ll take the f—king ball and shove it down your f—king throat.”

~ Serena “Woe Is Me” Williams, after she stepped on the line during her serve, which is an illegal move

And then we have the 2011 US Open — more bullying of a chair umpire by calling her a loser and ugly on the inside, with another threat of violence if the umpire dared to look in her direction, after she deservedly got a violation for screaming at her opponent — in all three US Opens she clearly made violations, and then wanted a free pass:

I agree with every one of your points. She doesn’t want to look wrong, so she plays the victim. Unfortunately, many have gobbled it up, largely because of the biased views of some former players linked to American media who want to ensure her legacy is not tarnished. She has been playing the [insert] card for years. If she doesn’t think male players get violations, then she hasn’t been watching Nick Kyrgios matches. The guy is a knob but at least he knows he is in the wrong, and doesn’t say the umps are discriminatory toward Greek Aussies or some other group that the media would eat up and regurgitate to the gullible masses.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#3 » by zimpy27 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:33 am

Yeah it's hard to cheer for her, she's obviously one of the best ever at tennis but her character is really off-putitng.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by LordCovington33 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:48 am

zimpy27 wrote:Yeah it's hard to cheer for her, she's obviously one of the best ever at tennis but her character is really off-putitng.

She wants the Grand Slam record, and was frustrated that a player who she considers her inferior was denying her that. It is appalling the way she acted and the way the crowd treated the eventual champion. An absolute disgrace.
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#5 » by Slo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:50 am

I dont really care about Serena and never did but the thing that got me the most angry, depressed in this whole situation is the amount of dumb people there are around. Its a pretty straightforward situation on whos in the right and in the wrong but when you watch the twitter reactions across america its like shes the next Martin Luther King, Mother Theresa or something.. :banghead: Is the average person really that stupid??
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by LordCovington33 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:00 am

Slo wrote:I dont really care about Serena and never did but the thing that got me the most angry, depressed in this whole situation is the amount of dumb people there are around. Its a pretty straightforward situation on whos in the right and in the wrong but when you watch the twitter reactions across america its like shes the next Martin Luther King, Mother Theresa or something.. :banghead: Is the average person really that stupid??

yes
anish23
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,911

Post#7 » by anish23 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 am

Slo wrote:I dont really care about Serena and never did but the thing that got me the most angry, depressed in this whole situation is the amount of dumb people there are around. Its a pretty straightforward situation on whos in the right and in the wrong but when you watch the twitter reactions across america its like shes the next Martin Luther King, Mother Theresa or something.. :banghead: Is the average person really that stupid??

The average person is stupid.

The average American is VERY stupid.

And.... Mother Teresa? lmao. I'd recommend doing some reading on her. :)
Utah Jazz for Championship :)

Return to General Other Sports Talk