2020 146th Running of the Run for the Roses -- The Kentucky Derby

A place to talk about sports that are not covered by other forums and the gateway to other sports getting their own forums.

Moderators: Doctor MJ, kdawg32086

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

2020 146th Running of the Run for the Roses -- The Kentucky Derby 

Post#1 » by jason bourne » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:27 pm

I love the look, feel, and smell of the Kentucky bluegrass, but it needs too much water for where I live.

Today, at 7:01 pm ET, the 146th running of the Kentucky Derby will be post time. rn the show is already streaming. My early pick is sucka free aka Authentic going at 9-1. Tiz the Law should be the favorite. Why? Because he won 2020's Belmont Stakes. What???!!!???!!!

This year they changed up the format for the Triple Crown of horse racing (even with the COVID-19 delay) so The Belmont Stakes goes first, The Kentucky Derby second, and The Preakness third.

https://www.americasbestracing.net/

Are you gonna watch? Which horse do ya got?
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: 2020 146th Running of the Run for the Roses -- The Kentucky Derby 

Post#2 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 6, 2020 1:30 am

Nailed it!!! Authentic beats Tiz the Law from the last turn, but it was still a battle in the stretch. You couldn't be sure. What an exciting race!!!

Authentic Defeats Tiz the Law to Give Baffert Milestone Kentucky Derby Victory
https://www.americasbestracing.net/the-sport/2020-authentic-defeats-tiz-the-law-give-baffert-milestone-kentucky-derby-victory
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Danthi
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: 2020 146th Running of the Run for the Roses -- The Kentucky Derby 

Post#3 » by Danthi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:02 pm

Guys, the 2021 Kentucky Derby will take place on May 1, 2021 at Churchill Downs. This year marks 147 years of the race and it's incredibly cool. After being held without fans last September, the 2021 Kentucky Derby could mark a return to normalcy for horse racing. The Essential Quality and Life Is Good Youth Breeders' Cup winners are my favorites for the 2021 Kentucky Derby. It will also be very interesting to watch Caddo River, Risk Taking and Greatest Honor. Who do you think will win this year?

Return to General Other Sports Talk