OT: Djokovic one match away from Calendar Grand Slam

A place to talk about sports that are not covered by other forums and the gateway to other sports getting their own forums.

Moderators: Doctor MJ, kdawg32086

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,250

Re: OT: Djokovic one match away from Calendar Grand Slam 

Post#401 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:16 pm

Asymptomatic spread?
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,666

Post#402 » by G R E Y » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:33 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
Or, he took the test on the 16th, went to the event the next day, and found out afterwards that he was actually positive.

My wife took a test on Dec 29 and is STILL waiting for a response...even if she had Covid she'd be over it by now :lol:

Every other time we've taken a test we got it within 2-3 days.

Actually he found out nine hours later.

But let's say he didn't know. Who goes to an event after taking a Covid test without waiting for the answer first?

Assume negative until proven otherwise if you're asymptomatic...if you're testing only cause you were near someone.

Imagine a scenario where it's taking 5-6 days to get tests + results (in my wifes case, still waiting for response).

You go to work, you're sent home on day 1 because a coworker tested positive. Now you're gonna sit at home for 5-6 days until you find out you're negative. You go back into work, work a day, and next day are told that coworker B just tested positive. You go sit at home for 5-6 days and then test negative. And this continues...

No. If I was in a room with someone who has covid, and I have zero symptoms, I'm not gonna sit at home for a week. I'm not gonna go out of my way to be out and about, but I'll continue living my life as normal as I can. If I find out I have covid, then I'd quarantine.

I think the exception proves the rule in this situation. Unless there's evidence of the ruling tennis body taking this long on several occasions, it doesn't apply.

What we do know is that it took however many hours, and he, knowing he'd be meeting people, didn't bother waiting. Turns out he was positive in meeting the kids while not knowing about it - still irresponsible on his part - AND we now know he KNEW he was positive when meeting for the photo shoot. Absolutely disgraceful.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
wco81
RealGM

Post#403 » by wco81 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:22 am

Just got an alert, his visa has been revoked.

Again.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,887

Post#404 » by Sofia » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:58 am

**** around and find out.

How many countries would let someone in if they were found to be making false declarations on their entry documentation? The US would have you on the next plane home.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#405 » by Popovich » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:20 pm

Djoković will be deported according to the latest Serbian and British Brexit politician Nigel Farge's expectations.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#406 » by Popovich » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:00 am

In this case, the authoritarian totalitarian NWO government is showcasing that there is no democracy that could stop anything they wish and plan to make happen. God bless Kyrie Irving and Novak for standing for basic human rights of making your own decision about yourself or having not stripped away from authority over your own body. Ok Tom Brady is third where are the rest of modern gladiators... (are we like gladiators were, slaves or not?)

Djokovic already won on every type of court, but now they switched judges and we already know what will court decide at the second appeal hearing.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#407 » by Popovich » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:04 am

Just you can not touch their sacred "Vacca" (lat. Cow)
wco81
RealGM

Post#408 » by wco81 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:47 am

Well then it would be best for Novak to leave such a totalitarian and fascist country, no?
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#409 » by Popovich » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:41 pm

wco81 wrote:Well then it would be best for Novak to leave such a totalitarian and fascist country, no?

I think, yes, he already won in any case. I am expecting him to be deported back to his legal residence in Monte Carlo or direct to Serbia the day before the start of the "Aussie Closed" grand slam.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#410 » by Popovich » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Meanwhile, live stream (working smoothly from my IP address) from streets of Austria capital city. (anti-vax protest) Try to find it if RT is not canceled in the USA.
Are you another victim of cancel culture?

Meanwhile in the Netherlands, is this democracy???
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#411 » by Popovich » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:39 pm

or try this: Streets of Paris live protest against vaccination mandates.

Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#412 » by Popovich » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:08 pm

At this point, I think he also would like just to be released out from that prison again.

Actually, civil unrest has been happening all over Europe right now !!!

Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#413 » by Popovich » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:46 pm

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,666

Post#414 » by G R E Y » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:55 am

Djokovic case: VISA STILL REVOKED, WILL NOT PLAY IN AUSTRALIAN OPEN

- Unanimous

- Not an appeal, but a review for lawfulness or legality of decision on the 3 grounds put forward

- Was decision irrational or legally unreasonable

- Court does not decide on merits or wisdom of decision

Ruling:

Read on Twitter
?s=20
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#415 » by gigantes » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:30 pm

G R E Y wrote:Djokovic case: VISA STILL REVOKED, WILL NOT PLAY IN AUSTRALIAN OPEN

To me this is frankly great news as a Djokovic fan.

Why? Because if he'd somehow weaseled his way in to the draw using his 'big shot' privilege against all common sense and evidence, it would probably have broken me as a fan. This way justice prevails, and I can go back to rooting for the man again, down the road.

And yes, I'm remaining a fan in the same way that I don't just disown family & friends who have various types of madness. We're all out of sync with reality to some degree, so in a way it's no biggie. Then again, not all of us choose to embarrass ourselves so publicly for little good reason, but Djokes is the one who's going to have to pay for that, I guess. I take no responsibility as a fan.

All I can really hope is that he grows up at some point and stops listening to the wackadoodle brigade.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#416 » by rzzzzz » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:20 pm

Paris, London and NYC are out. Game, set, match. At least until Covid is effectively dealt with, one way or another.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,201

Post#417 » by brutalitops » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:52 pm

Probably shouldnt of lied on his Visa i guess?
wco81
RealGM

Post#418 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:32 pm

Interesting thing is, if he was more popular, maybe people would have been more supportive of his side of the story.

So maybe the schadenfreude that you see is a reflection of his overall career. For whatever reason, he's not as popular as other stars.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#419 » by LLJ » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:44 pm

wco81 wrote:Interesting thing is, if he was more popular, maybe people would have been more supportive of his side of the story.

So maybe the schadenfreude that you see is a reflection of his overall career. For whatever reason, he's not as popular as other stars.

He always lacked charisma. Ironically this scandal is probably the one time people have felt this strongly about him
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,479

Post#420 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:45 pm

wco81 wrote:Interesting thing is, if he was more popular, maybe people would have been more supportive of his side of the story.

You're on to something here, but it's not a "whatever reason" thing. It's a "more of the same" thing. While there's been a huge acceleration since Covid in the scale of the issue, Djokovic has always come across in a selfish, petulant light.

Now, there are massive Djokovic fans in this thread and so I'm bracing myself for ugly posts pointed toward me on this front, but I want to make clear one thing:

None of that means Djokovic isn't the best player in history. I think he is.

It's unfortunate that this is happening preventing him from winning more Grand Slam tournaments and breaking the record. If in the end this keeps him from ever winning another, there will certainly be people who use that as a cudgel against his GOAT candidacy (myself included depending on the specificity of question).

But I don't think there's ever been a better tennis player than Djokovic.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!

Return to General Other Sports Talk