ImageImage

UPDATE: Ja Suspended 25 Games Because of a Second Gun Video

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 370

Re: Ja Suspended Because of a Second Gun Video 

Post#21 » by esvl » Tue May 16, 2023 1:07 am

tiderulz wrote:he needs some type of mentor. get Antoine Walker in here, someone who blew his millions and is trying to rebuild himself. but his string of incidents seems to be escalating.

-backyard pickup game, threatens a 17 yr old with gun and him and his boys beat up the kid
-brings 8-9 of his boys to threaten 22 yr old shoe store worker when his mom called him. banging on store door and saying he was waiting until he got off of work
-his boys threatened to beat a student at his sisters high school volleyball game, and broke said students phone.
-Ja confronts Indiana Pacers. later, an SUV with Ja in it drives by Pacers as they are loading on bus and has red laser (purportedly a laser sight from a gun) shine on multiple players. A Pacers security guard in the loading area at the time remarked: “That’s 100 percent a gun.”

it could get to a point where someone rolls up to him and his group armed themselves and something really bad happens. I hope it doesnt and I hope he realizes all that he could lose and gets his head in the right place.

I am glad you feel so empowered and entitled to judge others based on the information you have read on social media. Ironically, I am glad I don’t.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#22 » by tiderulz » Tue May 16, 2023 1:48 am

esvl wrote:
tiderulz wrote:he needs some type of mentor. get Antoine Walker in here, someone who blew his millions and is trying to rebuild himself. but his string of incidents seems to be escalating.

-backyard pickup game, threatens a 17 yr old with gun and him and his boys beat up the kid
-brings 8-9 of his boys to threaten 22 yr old shoe store worker when his mom called him. banging on store door and saying he was waiting until he got off of work
-his boys threatened to beat a student at his sisters high school volleyball game, and broke said students phone.
-Ja confronts Indiana Pacers. later, an SUV with Ja in it drives by Pacers as they are loading on bus and has red laser (purportedly a laser sight from a gun) shine on multiple players. A Pacers security guard in the loading area at the time remarked: “That’s 100 percent a gun.”

it could get to a point where someone rolls up to him and his group armed themselves and something really bad happens. I hope it doesnt and I hope he realizes all that he could lose and gets his head in the right place.

I am glad you feel so empowered and entitled to judge others based on the information you have read on social media. Ironically, I am glad I don’t.

you mean news reports and police reports? sorry Mrs Morant, but your son needs some help
JackTalkThai
Sophomore
And1: 247

Post#23 » by JackTalkThai » Tue May 16, 2023 2:26 am

esvl wrote:

And sadly, one of the reasons Ja himself feels so obliviously entitled is because head turning the other way excuse making opinions like yours are far more common than they should be. Guy is a mega superstar in the NBA making $100 million and he is still rolling with a street crew & acting like a gang-banger. Unfortunately, the NBA FO is about to lay the hammer down and no one in Memphis is going to like it except for the sane-minded people who see this self-destructing train wreck for what it is.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#24 » by esvl » Tue May 16, 2023 3:11 am

tiderulz wrote:
esvl wrote:

you mean news reports and police reports? sorry Mrs Morant, but your son needs some help

News reports yeah. This world cannot be saved.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 17, 2023 12:36 pm

Ja's PR team working overtime this spring on damage control.

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#26 » by SD2042 » Thu May 18, 2023 2:38 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Ja's PR team working overtime this spring on damage control.

At this point, action speaks louder than words here. Ja has no choice but to do a deep introspection into himself and figure out what type of man he needs to be and the choices he can live with responsibility. How long can he continue to stay on the reckless train of thought before he derailed off the cliff for nothing. There are lots of people who are upset and disappointed in Ja for the troubles he continues to find himself in. These ppl believe in this guy and his potential to be great in this league. He's doing the opposite of holding himself accountable and taking his role seriously. Whatever suspension Ja receives from this is deserved. I can only hope he learns a lot from these reckless decisions he has made to this point from this point forward. Experience has a helleva way to be a teacher in life.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#27 » by jman3134 » Fri May 19, 2023 3:44 am

Did everyone see the Twitter thread on ChatGPT composing this in response to a prompt? Haha.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,399

Post#28 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 19, 2023 9:58 pm

There’s a parade inside my city yeahhh

No need to troll here.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#29 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 2, 2023 3:34 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#30 » by esvl » Fri Jun 2, 2023 3:17 pm

I wonder what would be the chance that you guys satisfy your love for Kardashyan type of stories somewhere else and focus solely on basketball here
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#31 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jun 4, 2023 2:51 pm

esvl wrote:I wonder what would be the chance that you guys satisfy your love for Kardashyan type of stories somewhere else and focus solely on basketball here

Pretty low. Ja is the favorite for the media to hate on right now. Some of the things that have come out are atrocious. Stephen A talking about "people just hope he is alive in 5 years" is ridiculous.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by esvl » Sun Jun 4, 2023 7:37 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
esvl wrote:I wonder what would be the chance that you guys satisfy your love for Kardashyan type of stories somewhere else and focus solely on basketball here

Pretty low. Ja is the favorite for the media to hate on right now. Some of the things that have come out are atrocious. Stephen A talking about "people just hope he is alive in 5 years" is ridiculous.

Yeah, it looks like Ja somehow managed to touch lizards’ nerve… All this hysterical outrage doesn’t certainly correlate with what Ja did.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#33 » by the_process » Mon Jun 5, 2023 2:01 am

Ja needs to get with AI. He also needs new friends, clearly. And finally, Memphis may not be the best place for him.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by esvl » Tue Jun 6, 2023 3:53 am

This world has been occupied by clowns
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#35 » by SD2042 » Wed Jun 7, 2023 1:12 am

the_process wrote:

Ja needs to get with AI. He also needs new friends, clearly. And finally, Memphis may not be the best place for him.

I will say that young guys like Ja need a vet to mentor him through his suspension and on the floor when he returns to the floor at his given date. A new circle of friends is a priority that Ja needs to consider. You can't have all these negative energy around you and expect to not get dragged into situations that will put you in some critical situations and put either your career and/or your life at risk.

To your final statement to how Memphis may not be the best place for him. This is the part that annoys me here. When Perk mentioned the Memphis culture, it came across as a generalize statement to expect that from the residents of the city at large. Any city you live in regardless if it's in the USA or internationally can have a culture that creates negative tones and can lure impressionable people into making mistakes or screw up their lives. Keep in mind we're talking about ppl who may demonstrate a degree of naiveness, lack of common sense, immaturity, or live in negative environmental circumstances.

What it comes down to is how the individual chooses to live his or her live. How we choose to live our lives will come with positive or negative circumstances. It comes down who your friends are, how your parents raise you, how you think for yourself, do you care for self and what happens to you. Just because there is a culture of negative influences out in the world, it doesn't always have to define who you are as an individual. No matter what city and country you're living in.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#36 » by the_process » Thu Jun 8, 2023 2:35 pm

SD2042 wrote:
the_process wrote:

I will say that young guys like Ja need a vet to mentor him through his suspension and on the floor when he returns to the floor at his given date. A new circle of friends is a priority that Ja needs to consider. You can't have all these negative energy around you and expect to not get dragged into situations that will put you in some critical situations and put either your career and/or your life at risk.

To your final statement to how Memphis may not be the best place for him. This is the part that annoys me here. When Perk mentioned the Memphis culture, it came across as a generalize statement to expect that from the residents of the city at large. Any city you live in regardless if it's in the USA or internationally can have a culture that creates negative tones and can lure impressionable people into making mistakes or screw up their lives. Keep in mind we're talking about ppl who may demonstrate a degree of naiveness, lack of common sense, immaturity, or live in negative environmental circumstances.

What it comes down to is how the individual chooses to live his or her live. How we choose to live our lives will come with positive or negative circumstances. It comes down who your friends are, how your parents raise you, how you think for yourself, do you care for self and what happens to you. Just because there is a culture of negative influences out in the world, it doesn't always have to define who you are as an individual. No matter what city and country you're living in.

The point simply was sometimes a change of scenery is needed.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#37 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:40 pm

It's almost time, gentlemen...

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by esvl » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:55 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:It's almost time, gentlemen...

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

*** lizard
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#39 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:18 am

I'm just ready for this to be announced so we can quit talking about it so much.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,509

Post#40 » by durden_tyler » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:16 am

esvl wrote:This world has been occupied by clowns

Can't blame the world if Ja is acting like the lead clown.

i hope he gets traded and i hope Memphis gets at least some value after all this. No way he's sticking with Memphis. He can of course still change the course of his life/career, but that's not happening with the Grizzlies.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies