ImageImage

Ideal (realistic) #4/Parsons Return?

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Ideal (realistic) #4/Parsons Return? 

Post#1 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Who do Grizzlies fans see the team acquiring with the above mentioned pieces to maximize competing in 2018-2019 as well as transitioning toward the future?

Examples:
Aaron Gordon ({if he agreed to sign there}

(Harrison Barnes or Wes Mathews) + #5

Barton & Chandler + #14

#28, Andre Igoudala, Quinn Cook, & Shaun Livingston

Blake Griffin

Any Miami Heat combo

Batum + Charlotte's pick

Meyers Leonard + Evan Turner (Memphis doesn't include their pick)

Courtney Lee + 9

Wiggins

Tj Warren, Chriss, Bender, #16

Any Sac kings combo

Otto Porter

Kyle Lowry + Jefferson or VanVleet
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Ideal (realistic) #4/Parsons Return? 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 pm

4+Parsons for a good young player on a sizable contract:
Good: A good young player like Bradley Beal or maybe even Porter (I'm higher on him than most I think).
Bad: Wiggins or another young player who likely isn't worth their contract

Or trade down a couple spots:
Wes+5
Fournier+6
Asik+Portis+7

If they are dead set on dropping his salary then they may even look at 9+Kanter+Thomas but I prefer the other trades since 9 is a lower tier of prospects.

A couple trades on the trade board have Charlotte as a third team. They take Parsons to shed a year of salary and send out Batum who is a better player though still a terrible contract.
yungmasaiah
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#3 » by yungmasaiah » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:17 am

Parsons/#4

For

Ibaka/N.Powell/Delon Wright

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
connseanery
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#4 » by connseanery » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Patrick Beverly, Tobias Harris (went to Ten), #12
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:16 pm

yungmasaiah wrote:Parsons/#4

For

I can't see that happening. I think moving Ibaka for a pure expiring would be hard so he doesn't really add much value. Powell and Wright are okay but not worth it for the Grizzlies.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:20 pm

connseanery wrote:Patrick Beverly, Tobias Harris (went to Ten), #12

Maybe though I think we would try for 12+13+Harris. Maybe add a BMac/Beverly swap as a sweetener if Memphis needs it but I think it would take both lottery picks.
connseanery
Sophomore

Post#7 » by connseanery » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:22 am

VCfor3 wrote:

Maybe though I think we would try for 12+13+Harris. Maybe add a BMac/Beverly swap as a sweetener if Memphis needs it but I think it would take both lottery picks.

12 & 13 together is a lot because the Griz are offloading a really ugly contract. I think the Griz would definitely jump if that was offered but I think the Clippers probably wouldn't do it.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#8 » by I Am Awesome-O » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:32 am

For

Why would Memphis give up a top-5 pick to take on a rapidly declining Ibaka and two low level prospects?
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#9 » by Sactowndog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:21 am

I’m curious who would Memphis want from the Kings? I would guess Fox, Bogdan, Giles and Hield off the table. But we could definately eat Parsons contract.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#10 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:03 pm

Sactowndog wrote:I’m curious who would Memphis want from the Kings? I would guess Fox, Bogdan, Giles and Hield off the table. But we could definately eat Parsons contract.

If those players are off the table then what combination of players left would get you anywhere close to a top 5 pick even with you taking on Parsons? The trade would have to include one of Fox, Bogdan, Hield, or #2 (if we are trading up).
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#11 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:08 pm

connseanery wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

12 & 13 together is a lot because the Griz are offloading a really ugly contract. I think the Griz would definitely jump if that was offered but I think the Clippers probably wouldn't do it.

The problem is that I see the prospects at 12 a couple tiers below those available at 4. Yes trading Harris for Parsons makes up a lot of that value but I think 12 & 13 alone may be able to move you up to #7/8 in the draft and then the Parsons/Harris swap gets you the rest of the way. I also think you have to beat out other offers and that is why you may have to overpay some. Maybe 32 is sent back to you in the deal.
Sactowndog

Post#12 » by Sactowndog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:17 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:I’m curious who would Memphis want from the Kings? I would guess Fox, Bogdan, Giles and Hield off the table. But we could definately eat Parsons contract.

If those players are off the table then what combination of players left would get you anywhere close to a top 5 pick even with you taking on Parsons? The trade would have to include one of Fox, Bogdan, Hield, or #2 (if we are trading up).

Yeah, I don’t see any and not sure I want Parsons contract or love anyone at 4 unless I like Porters medicals. I think Bogdan will be a better NBAs player than Luka.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#13 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:20 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

Yeah, I don’t see any and not sure I want Parsons contract or love anyone at 4 unless I like Porters medicals. I think Bogdan will be a better NBAs player than Luka.

It'll depend on Luka's 3pt shot. If he can hit at a decent clip I think he will be the better player. And there were reports of you guys looking to take Porter at #2 anyway ha. I think Bagley or Doncic is the pick but you never know.
Sactowndog

Post#14 » by Sactowndog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:27 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

It'll depend on Luka's 3pt shot. If he can hit at a decent clip I think he will be the better player. And there were reports of you guys looking to take Porter at #2 anyway ha. I think Bagley or Doncic is the pick but you never know.

Bogi is really long and a better defender. He is also adding a step back which he didn’t need to get his shot off in Europe. It concerns me Doncic has to rely on his step back to get his shot off in Europe. I think he might be a bust.

I think we go Bagley. The pick at 4 is valuable to target JJ or Bamba but we really don’t need more bigs.
connseanery
Sophomore

Post#15 » by connseanery » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:32 am

VCfor3 wrote:
connseanery wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

The problem is that I see the prospects at 12 a couple tiers below those available at 4. Yes trading Harris for Parsons makes up a lot of that value but I think 12 & 13 alone may be able to move you up to #7/8 in the draft and then the Parsons/Harris swap gets you the rest of the way. I also think you have to beat out other offers and that is why you may have to overpay some. Maybe 32 is sent back to you in the deal.

In historically calculated draft pick values, 12 + 13 would be around the 4th pick. Obviously it depends who is available at that spot though.
http://nbasense.com/draft-pick-trade-value/2/kevin-pelton-2
https://fansided.com/2016/06/16/nba-draft-trade-value-chart/

The difference between Harris and Parsons is pretty great. Harris is an efficient player with strong FG%, 3pt% who contributes a bit in every area. Just below the all-star level. Parsons is just dead money that Memphis is trying to unload.

The Grizzlies mgmt seems to want to try to contend this year. Unless Doncic or possibly Bagley are available the Bambas and JJJ are going to need more time to develop. I think Memphis would be more likely to trade if their options at the 4th spot are guys who are going to need developmental time.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,899

Post#16 » by Wilfried » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:28 am

Sixers would offer Saric + #10 + Bayless (1 more year) + #39 + #40
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#17 » by dark-child » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Any trade prior or during the draft has to include a 1st rounder coming back as the Grizzlies did not use their own last year and NBA rules stipulate not trading away consecutive 1st rounders in back to back years. Therefore trading back just a few spots and still taking a chance on Porter or drafting Kevin Knox seems to be ideal.

I personally favor the Clippers deal with Tobias Harris, Patrick Beverly and the #12 coming to Memphis. This deal provides a lot of solutions going forward.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,551

Post#18 » by BarbaGrizz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Wilfried wrote:Sixers would offer Saric + #10 + Bayless (1 more year) + #39 + #40

If Ayton, Bagley and Doncic are gone I would do it this trade. Maybe expanding a bit and including Jamychal Green and the rights of Jonah Bolden and/or Richaun Holmes would be ideal for both team IMO.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,899

Post#19 » by Wilfried » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:29 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:
Wilfried wrote:Sixers would offer Saric + #10 + Bayless (1 more year) + #39 + #40

If Ayton, Bagley and Doncic are gone I would do it this trade. Maybe expanding a bit and including Jamychal Green and the rights of Jonah Bolden and/or Richaun Holmes would be ideal for both team IMO.

But I think Sixers will only do it if Doncic is still on board
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#20 » by lebron stopper » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:27 pm

VCfor3 wrote:

For

I can't see that happening. I think moving Ibaka for a pure expiring would be hard so he doesn't really add much value. Powell and Wright are okay but not worth it for the Grizzlies.

That trade is awful for the Grizzlies.

How about:

- DeMar DeRozan (All-Star SG)
- Jakob Poeltl (really solid defender at centre who can back up Marc Gasol)
- Delon Wright (solid bench player who can replace or play alongside Tyreke Evans)
- Malachi Richardson (salary filler tbh)

in exchange for Craptacular Parsons (Maximum trash), Bonehead Ben McLemore (Expiring trash), and the 4th pick (hopefully the furthest thing from trash)? Might include Siakam in there if that gets the deal done. Anunoby won't be included in any trade though.

In all honesty though...I think Memphis is better off keeping the 4th pick and drafting high level young talent. But if you'd like to trade it, I don't think you can go wrong with this.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies