Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Re: Offseason Discussion 

Post#41 » by VCfor3 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:07 am

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I think I prefer the second deal there since we could probably use the extra cap space to net some solid value later on.

Random aside, but I wonder if UTA really does consider moving Gobert this offseason/season. I'm not sure if they are willing to pay him and if he gets moved then that 2021 pick very well may fall in the back half of the lottery.

Besides the cap space, I don't really want to part with Clarke neither even though he projects as a high end role player. With Jonas, Clarke & Onyeka surrounding 3J, Memphis would also get a good look at what varying skillset better compliments 3J's game long term or decide if they are better off with the quality depth & versatility of all 4 for a taxing position, noting 3J has yet to play a full season, which makes quality depth important to sustain wins. Either way, Clarke & potentially Onyeka would become young proven talent which teams value in trade over just a set of unknown value picks that could or not contain value. Onyeka looks good next to 3J, they can then dangle Clarke to a team like Minnesota knowing they have a better fit in the rotation eliminating any guess work.

Utah could lose both Gobert & Ingles but having Mitchell, I wouldn't bet against them. I can see them replacing Gobert with your example of Noel long before Memphis can replace Jonas with a similar talent. Jonas can actually create his own offense on a team that lacks proper spacing where Gobert benefits from the defensive attention Mitchell commands.

Yeah but Utah's defense would fall off a cliff with Gobert gone. Mitchell is great which is why I say late lottery-ish. I think he gets them close but just short of making the playoffs though I guess it depends on what Gobert would return too.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,679

Post#42 » by Whole Truth » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:45 pm

However, sources indicate the Pistons have also made it known they're open to trading the No. 7 pick.

Their best shot at a deal may be with a team willing to give up an established player or a rookie or sophomore with untapped potential. But it would also be worthwhile to talk to the Warriors. It's possible they'd prefer picking a lower-paid rookie at No. 7, where they can add a piece who fits like Haliburton or Okongwu. The Pistons would likely have to part with a future first-round pick, given their lack of attractive player assets.

At No. 2, the Pistons would presumably target LaMelo Ball.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909042-2020-nba-mock-draft-how-trades-could-change-lamelo-balls-future

Cavs like Toppin @ 5, Atlanta just traded for Capela & have Collins @ 6, can or does Onyeka fall to 7 ?

Would you trade Clarke straight up for #7 ? where one of (Onyeka, Vessell, WIlliams) should be there ?.

If Onyeka can fall to 7, this article has Detroit offering the 7th & a FRP for #2. Where I maintain Memphis could offer up the GS pick with some combination of win now options for them to adequately fill out holes on their contending roster with some combination of Jonas, Winslow or Anderson & Tyus for Memphis to come away with Detroit's pick assets. Maybe #7 & a lightly protected pick in 2022.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#43 » by VCfor3 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 pm

Whole Truth wrote:However, sources indicate the Pistons have also made it known they're open to trading the No. 7 pick.

Their best shot at a deal may be with a team willing to give up an established player or a rookie or sophomore with untapped potential. But it would also be worthwhile to talk to the Warriors. It's possible they'd prefer picking a lower-paid rookie at No. 7, where they can add a piece who fits like Haliburton or Okongwu. The Pistons would likely have to part with a future first-round pick, given their lack of attractive player assets.

At No. 2, the Pistons would presumably target LaMelo Ball.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909042-2020-nba-mock-draft-how-trades-could-change-lamelo-balls-future

Cavs like Toppin @ 5, Atlanta just traded for Capela & have Collins @ 6, can or does Onyeka fall to 7 ?

Would you trade Clarke straight up for #7 ? where one of (Onyeka, Vessell, WIlliams) should be there ?.

If Onyeka can fall to 7, this article has Detroit offering the 7th & a FRP for #2. Where I maintain Memphis could offer up the GS pick with some combination of win now options for them to adequately fill out holes on their contending roster with some combination of Jonas, Winslow or Anderson & Tyus for Memphis to come away with Detroit's pick assets. Maybe #7 & a lightly protected pick in 2022.

I still think I'd rather have Clarke just because he is the more known commodity but I wouldn't be upset if they traded him. I'd prefer to do something like your other option with JV or Brooks+GSW pick for 7 in that scenario though. Both would fit into the TPE.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#44 » by Whole Truth » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:53 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I still think I'd rather have Clarke just because he is the more known commodity but I wouldn't be upset if they traded him. I'd prefer to do something like your other option with JV or Brooks+GSW pick for 7 in that scenario though. Both would fit into the TPE.

I'm not on board with trading Brooks at this point. He's a good defender & is streaky offensively but has the potential to be a solid 2 way guard with some mental growth, maturity to his game. I think it's too early to sell on him

I think trading him could turn out worse long term than trading Clarke who I think is already near his peak as a high end role player. As of now, Brooks is tasked with guarding the apposing teams best wing/guard along with drawing defensive attention himself with his high usage rate. If Memphis were to ask that of Clarke how do you think his production & efficiency would look like ?. Clarke's efficiency is directly due to the fact his usage is lower, picking his spots, where Brooks took teams defensive pressure in trying to create. IMO, If he can improve his decision making/passing ability, I think he has the potential to be an Allstar at some point. Whether he reaches that level or not, it's too early to tell.

In short, I think Memphis would be selling low on Brooks if they were to deal him at this point & the only reason I've been entertaining trading Clarke either is due to his fit with 3J, if he can't play the majority of his mins at the 5. It would relegate Clarke to a high end bench player, where I'd be considering to trade him for a better fit/starter ... A big that can play physically in the post to compliment the perimeter skills of 3J (Onyeka). I don't think Clarke has the length or strength to do that in anything other than short spurts & against certain matchups. As I mentioned before, his physicality, toughness & aggression is why I have Onyeka as a target over Wiseman as both big men are defensive rim runners.

Brooks on the other hand is a good defender that Memphis can put on any wing/guard, who's already shown when he's on his offensive game, they're an entirely different team. In some instances dominant. When Brooks scores 20 ... Memphis win.

I don't really want to deal Jonas either but with him being 28 it would make sense to cash in if Memphis can get fair value.

Why I offered up Winslow & Tyus. Besides the fact GS are valuing wing defense, playmaking (Winslow) & have priority on a backup PG (Tyus), Winslow can't seem to stay healthy & had no impact on this roster so dealing him would have negative impact. Tyus is quality & was good for Memphis but he's a bench player on a team that has a big window to replace him at some point where GS placed value on him being a need to fill on their small contending window. I don't share the belief he'd be harder to replace than Jonas as a starter for Memphis. If Memphic can't get a free agent PG they could use the Utah pick on a PG without affecting their need to target a wing in the draft with their own pick.

Bulls trade - (Carter JR, #4) for (5m TE, #2)

GS trade - (17m TPE, #2) for (Carter JR, Tyus, GS 2024)

Memphis trade - (Tyus, GS 2024) for (9m TE, #4)
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#45 » by VCfor3 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:19 am

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I still think I'd rather have Clarke just because he is the more known commodity but I wouldn't be upset if they traded him. I'd prefer to do something like your other option with JV or Brooks+GSW pick for 7 in that scenario though. Both would fit into the TPE.

I'm not on board with trading Brooks at this point. He's a good defender & is streaky offensively but has the potential to be a solid 2 way guard with some mental growth, maturity to his game. I think it's too early to sell on him

I think Brooks has hurt his value some so if we aren't getting a decent return we should keep him, but he isn't a positive player right now and may never be. We do task him with the opposing best player but his advance stats show he doesn't do a great job with it. He plays his butt off, but fouls a lot and I question his BBIQ. On offense he doesn't play within the flow which hurts. He also overestimates himself and has a terrible shot selection. I don't really mind that right now since he takes a lot of pressure off Ja and JJJ by being the go to guy when there is short time on the shot clock, but if we want to contend we need someone better/who knows their role to take his spot. As a 6th man he could be okay, but I really liked the bench we had going for a while this year led by Tyus. We had one of the best benches in the league at the end of the season and I don't know if Brooks could replicate that. Sure he'll win us games when he gets hot, but he will also cost us some too. The place we seem to disagree is that I don't think he will significantly improve/mature if he remains on the team. He sees himself on the level of Ja and JJJ and I think it will be hard to get him to realize/admit that he is simply a role player who needs to pick his shots. I think he needs to go to another team with an established pecking order that will put him in his place for him to potentially change. I don't think he will ever sniff an All Star spot.

I think trading him could turn out worse long term than trading Clarke who I think is already near his peak as a high end role player. As of now, Brooks is tasked with guarding the apposing teams best wing/guard along with drawing defensive attention himself with his high usage rate. If Memphis were to ask that of Clarke how do you think his production & efficiency would look like ?. Clarke's efficiency is directly due to the fact his usage is lower, picking his spots, where Brooks took teams defensive pressure in trying to create. IMO, If he can improve his decision making/passing ability, I think he has the potential to be an Allstar at some point. Whether he reaches that level or not, it's too early to tell.

Clarke knows his role and I think we still improve more as he continues to embrace it. Yeah he will never be more than an elite role player, but I think he has as good or better of a chance of making an All Star game as Brooks. I also still think that the Clarke/JJJ small ball lineup is something that can be truly elite for us even if we have to have a true center to pair with JJJ the rest of the time. If JJJ becomes a true center then we have one heck of a front court moving forward that could potentially better compliment Ja than the JJJ/Ony pairing simply because it spaces the floor and gives him better driving lanes.

In short, I think Memphis would be selling low on Brooks if they were to deal him at this point & the only reason I've been entertaining trading Clarke either is due to his fit with 3J, if he can't play the majority of his mins at the 5. It would relegate Clarke to a high end bench player, where I'd be considering to trade him for a better fit/starter ... A big that can play physically in the post to compliment the perimeter skills of 3J (Onyeka). I don't think Clarke has the length or strength to do that in anything other than short spurts & against certain matchups. As I mentioned before, his physicality, toughness & aggression is why I have Onyeka as a target over Wiseman as both big men are defensive rim runners.

Brooks on the other hand is a good defender that Memphis can put on any wing/guard, who's already shown when he's on his offensive game, they're an entirely different team. In some instances dominant. When Brooks scores 20 ... Memphis win.

The problem is that he had one hot shooting streak that got him an extension and has been off more often than not in the other games. So yes when he is on we do really well, but those games don't happen near enough.

I don't really want to deal Jonas either but with him being 28 it would make sense to cash in if Memphis can get fair value.

I still say that Jonas is easier to replace than you credit especially if JJJ takes on more of the center minutes. We won't find a center who can replicate his offense because he is insanely elite in that regards, but his defense can not only be replicated but upgraded. He really wasn't targeted as much during the regular season, but he struggled mightily to defend the PnR. In a playoff series where teams game plan and exploit weaknesses he is going to be put through the ringer. Had we actually made the playoffs I think the Lakers would have exposed him. Yes he can make up for quite a bit of what he gives up on defense on the offensive end, but it still lessens his overall impact. Whoever we replace him with won't be as good, but they can hopefully not have too far of a drop off in overall impact if they can really firm up our defense. I apologize because I can't remember which forum I saw it on, but someone did a metaanalysis using Jacob Goldstein's data and found that a good defensive big can make up for/hide a mediocre wing defender. It was something like one good big defender and three ok wing defenders was slightly better than three good wing defenders and one mediocre big defender. Again we won't fully replace the impact JV has but we can make up a portion of it through other means. Also JV brings toughness and is an enforcer of sorts for us. I think that is something teams need and is something extra we would have to replace.

Why I offered up Winslow & Tyus. Besides the fact GS are valuing wing defense, playmaking (Winslow) & have priority on a backup PG (Tyus), Winslow can't seem to stay healthy & had no impact on this roster so dealing him would have negative impact. Tyus is quality & was good for Memphis but he's a bench player on a team that has a big window to replace him at some point where GS placed value on him being a need to fill on their small contending window. I don't share the belief he'd be harder to replace than Jonas as a starter for Memphis. If Memphic can't get a free agent PG they could use the Utah pick on a PG without affecting their need to target a wing in the draft with their own pick.

The knock on Winslow not being able to stay healthy is a big one. I think that if he can actually get on the court for us that he'd be a high end glue guy for us, but again he has to get on the court. And trading him is still a loss relative to what we coul have been with him even though he has yet to play for us. I think Winslow would take over guarding the best opposing player and
be an upgrade for us. He also would provide needed secondary playmaking with our starters and can create his own shot. He won't be a high volume scorer and his 3pt shot is still a question mark, but he would be a great glue guy. If JJJ could move to center then you have Ja/Winslow/Clarke/JJJ as your starters and then just need a scoring (preferably two way) SG or SF since Winslow should be capable of playing the other position.

As for Tyus, again I think I have been burned by our lack of quality backup PGs in the past but the way he was able to run our bench won us quite a few games. Yes we can sign a different backup PG, but Tyus did a good job of making the other players around him better. There are a ton of PGs out there, but ones that both make others better and are decent themselves can be hard to find. Some teams don't even have that in their starting PG. I still would move him in the right deal especially if it is for someone who could be a long term starter, but I think I feel about him like you feel about Brooks and I feel about Brooks like you feel about Tyus haha. :roll:

Bulls trade - (Carter JR, #4) for (5m TE, #2)

GS trade - (17m TPE, #2) for (Carter JR, Tyus, GS 2024)

Memphis trade - (Tyus, GS 2024) for (9m TE, #4)
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#46 » by Whole Truth » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:37 pm

I don't think our views/opinions are too far apart.

I don't use analytics to draw my opinion, though I'm aware of them. I think those tools do better at telling you what is than what could be & I'm projecting. Context is needed. Brooks did cost Memphis in the bubble with his tunnel vision but as you admitted when he's on his game, Memphis is a different team. Consistency & control. As I mentioned, his game may never mature into what is needed but it's where I draw reservation to sell early. Lowry comes to mind as a comparison. That gritty 2 way player traded by several teams that had a reputation of being a problem that clashed with his coach in Houston that ended up being a pit bull competitor on a an eventual Champion. Brooks, if nothing else, has fight in him & that's infectious/needed to win. It sets a tone. It's funny because I was saying what you are about Brooks at the start of the season but he showed me something that has changed my opinion. I still think he needs to make better decisions & play within himself more but I think there's something there worth keeping. at least for now.

Clarke played within himself, he passed up open 3's & kept his game simple. I do think he could be an elite role player on a contender. He looked good & the numbers back that, so I do draw a reservation with the thought of potentially trading him. The context of their play has to be taken into account. Memphis has poor spacing, so when teams tightened up the paint & Jonas/JA were struggling, it was Brooks who was tasked with carrying the offense when things bogged down considerably when no one else would step up & he was doing this while taking on the toughest defensive assignment, which entails a fatigue factor in his offensive game/efficiency. Ask that of Clarke & see what his efficiency would look like. (Brooks could be potentially, what DeRozan was for the Raptors, with better defense)

Concerning Tyus, I agree, he ran a very good bench unit but my decision to potentially deal him is simple. Memphis still has yet to solidify their core group of starters, they need at least one more piece. So if GS have backup PG as a priority & value Tyus which could enable Memphis to land the #2 pick, I don't blink twice before worrying about getting another solid backup option in what is a big window for Memphis. As a matter of fact, when Memphis land their 3rd core member in either 21 or 22, Tyus stint in GS would be over & Memphis could look to resign him in 2-3yrs when they're in a better position to contend if his game hasn't fallen off, if he has any interest to return.

Everything revolves around the question as to whether 3J is a future C or part time, situational C. I currently view him as the latter. Otherwise, there'd be no need to target Onyeka. I think 3J is too soft to play C even in the small ball era. He's perimeter oriented, has a weak base & is a poor rebounder. This pushes Clarke out of the rotation in most matchups.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#47 » by VCfor3 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:04 am

Whole Truth wrote:I don't think our views/opinions are too far apart.

I don't use analytics to draw my opinion, though I'm aware of them. I think those tools do better at telling you what is than what could be & I'm projecting. Context is needed. Brooks did cost Memphis in the bubble with his tunnel vision but as you admitted when he's on his game, Memphis is a different team. Consistency & control. As I mentioned, his game may never mature into what is needed but it's where I draw reservation to sell early. Lowry comes to mind as a comparison. That gritty 2 way player traded by several teams that had a reputation of being a problem that clashed with his coach in Houston that ended up being a pit bull competitor on a an eventual Champion. Brooks, if nothing else, has fight in him & that's infectious/needed to win. It sets a tone. It's funny because I was saying what you are about Brooks at the start of the season but he showed me something that has changed my opinion. I still think he needs to make better decisions & play within himself more but I think there's something there worth keeping. at least for now.

Clarke played within himself, he passed up open 3's & kept his game simple. I do think he could be an elite role player on a contender. He looked good & the numbers back that, so I do draw a reservation with the thought of potentially trading him. The context of their play has to be taken into account. Memphis has poor spacing, so when teams tightened up the paint & Jonas/JA were struggling, it was Brooks who was tasked with carrying the offense when things bogged down considerably when no one else would step up & he was doing this while taking on the toughest defensive assignment, which entails a fatigue factor in his offensive game/efficiency. Ask that of Clarke & see what his efficiency would look like. (Brooks could be potentially, what DeRozan was for the Raptors, with better defense)

Concerning Tyus, I agree, he ran a very good bench unit but my decision to potentially deal him is simple. Memphis still has yet to solidify their core group of starters, they need at least one more piece. So if GS have backup PG as a priority & value Tyus which could enable Memphis to land the #2 pick, I don't blink twice before worrying about getting another solid backup option in what is a big window for Memphis. As a matter of fact, when Memphis land their 3rd core member in either 21 or 22, Tyus stint in GS would be over & Memphis could look to resign him in 2-3yrs when they're in a better position to contend if his game hasn't fallen off, if he has any interest to return.

Everything revolves around the question as to whether 3J is a future C or part time, situational C. I currently view him as the latter. Otherwise, there'd be no need to target Onyeka. I think 3J is too soft to play C even in the small ball era. He's perimeter oriented, has a weak base & is a poor rebounder. This pushes Clarke out of the rotation in most matchups.

I do very much appreciate that about Brooks. It is part of why I think he is a great player for our current team (that and taking pressure off the other young guys to make a play when there is a short clock), but still have concerns for his fit long term.

And yeah that is 100% the biggest question moving forward in regards to what 3J is. Hopefully we start to get a clearer answer next season so we know what to do moving forward.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#48 » by Whole Truth » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:32 pm

Suggested on the Warrior board

Warriors trade #2 pick and Eric Paschall
for
Chicago's #4 pick and Wendell Carter

If Bulls are on board with a deal like this. Memphis can offer up Tyus 9m & the GS 2024 pick to get in for the small (TPE, #4).
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#49 » by VCfor3 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:36 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Suggested on the Warrior board

for

If Bulls are on board with a deal like this. Memphis can offer up Tyus 9m & the GS 2024 pick to get in for the small (TPE, #4).

And that is a deal I think would potentially be worth moving Tyus for.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#50 » by SD2042 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:31 am

VCfor3 wrote:

for

That may not be a bad idea to do. If such a deal were to happen, then who would the Grizzlies draft with the #4 pick?
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#51 » by Whole Truth » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:43 am

SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

for

That may not be a bad idea to do. If such a deal were to happen, then who would the Grizzlies draft with the #4 pick?

I have 3J down as a situational C, stretch 4. Don't think Clarke has the strength or length to consistently play in the post. Jonas starting has masked this.

To eventually replace what Jonas brings to the table, I'd take Onyeka at 4. With Patrick Williams next in line ..

On the Warriors board this is their take on Jonas -

GQ Hot Dog wrote:5. JoVal? I like him but Memphis got good production out of him and they have no reason to cut him loose. They don't have anyone better and they don't need the cap space. We would have to pay for him in picks or players and I don't want to do that.

GQ Hot Dog wrote: As far as the TPE, I would like a legit 7ft center. JoVal isn't a great defender but he's a load inside and would get regular minutes. I just don't see why Memphis would want to part ways with him considering they aren't in salary cap hell or anything close to it.

TB wrote: 5) Guessing we'd have to send next years 1st for Val

GS fans have been stating they could land Oubre & the 10th pick for the TE. If Suns are willing to do that Memphis could trade Jonas into their trade exception for the Suns 10th pick. (flip Oubre) Take Patrick Williams at10, assuming he's still on the table.

Bulls trade - (Carter JR, #4) for (Paschall, #2)

Suns trade - (Oubre, #10) for (17m TE)

GS trade - (17m TE, Wiggins, Paschall, #2) for (Jonas, Carter JR, Oubre, Tyus, GS 2024)

Memphis trade - (Jonas, Tyus, GS 2024) for (Wiggins, #4, #10)

#4 - Onyeka
#10 - WIlliams
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#52 » by VCfor3 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:14 pm

SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

for

Depends on who is there. Onyeka is probably my pick because I think he'll be a quality starter. I like Vassell a lot too though 4 feels too high for him. If Edwards falls I guess I'd take a flyer on him but I just don't know if he has the drive to reach his potential. I'd also see what the trade down options are.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#53 » by Whole Truth » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:02 pm

This report comes via Chris Fedor of cleveland.com:

The Cavs will be active this offseason. They will explore trade opportunities, using the No. 5 pick as bait.

Sources say owner Dan Gilbert will allow the front office to take on future salary — if the move makes sense and the piece coming back significantly improves their chances either in the short or long term. But activity doesn’t always lead to action.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#54 » by Whole Truth » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Cavs need a rotational PF, wing defense & depth.

GS trade - (Wiggins, Paschall, #2) for (Love, Tyus, GS 2024)

Cavs trade - (Love, #5) for (Paschall, Anderson, Winslow)

Memphis trade - (Winslow, Anderson, Tyus, GS 2024) for (Wiggins, #2, #5).

(Does Memphis have the option to sign & trade Josh & or Melton, possibly in combination?.

If Cavs value wing defense & depth, some combination of Josh, Melton, Winslow should entice them in combination with possibly dumping a contract like Love's.

The price for me would vary depending on who's available at 5. If Onyeka is off the board, I'd pass if Williams could be had around the 8-10th pick range.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#55 » by Whole Truth » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:26 pm

Latest NBA mock draft-

GS selecting Ball 2nd
Chicago selecting Hayes 4th
Detroit selecting Onyeka 7th

Vassell falling to 8/9

With a rumor out that Knicks might deal with Atlanta to leap Detroit at 7, ,where Knicks take Vassell 8th for Hawks.

With Mithcell I could be wrong but doubt Knick's interest is Onyeka unless it's to trade up for Ball, who NBA.com has GS taking over Wiseman.

Draft trade - GS/Knicks/Atlanta/Memphis

#2 GS take Ball trade to NY
Knicks trade with Atlanta for #6 Onyeka jump Detroit who will take him at 7. Onyeka goes to Memphis
GS - receive some combination of win now players from Knicks/Memphis & maybe their 2024 pick back from Memphis.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Whole Truth » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Based off Hawks trade rumor -

Hawks trade - (#6 Onyeka, Dedmon) for (#8 Vassell, DSJ, Anderson, #38)

Knicks trade - (Mitchell, DSJ, Ntilinka, #8 Vassell, #38) for (Dedmon #2 Ball)

GS trade - (Wiggins, #2, 2021 FRP) for (Mitchell, Winslow, Tyus, GS 2024)

Memphis trade - (Winslow, Anderson, Tyus, GS 2024) for (Wiggins, Ntilinka, #6 Onyeka, GS or Minnesota 2021)
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#57 » by VCfor3 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:08 pm

At this point I'm just ready for this draft to be over lol
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#58 » by SD2042 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:46 pm

VCfor3 wrote:At this point I'm just ready for this draft to be over lol

Just two months away. A strange and chaotic year 2020 has been.

Anyways, given this draft is an ugly one, it's safe to say that it's anybody's game at this point.

TBC later on:
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#59 » by E S V L » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:25 pm

It is very important to bear in mind that Wiggins isn`t just meh as a player, he is a poison pill for the roster. For the sake of the development of Ja & Co, we should avoid bringing him to the team regardless any benefits/assets attached.

Regarding the trades discussed above, in short, my position is as follows:

All other players/picks < Vassel = Onyeka = Clarke < JJJ <<< Ja
FK NFL
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#60 » by VCfor3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:32 pm

E S V L wrote:It is very important to bear in mind that Wiggins isn`t just meh as a player, he is a poison pill for the roster. For the sake of the development of Ja & Co, we should avoid bringing him to the team regardless any benefits/assets attached.

Regarding the trades discussed above, in short, my position is as follows:

All other players/picks < Vassel = Onyeka = Clarke < JJJ <<< Ja

I'm with you on the player/pick ranking.

And if we did end up with Wiggins I'd hope he'd simply be a bench piece for us. Hopefully in a 6th/7th man role he'd be ok. Hate him as a starter.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies