ImageImage

New York Knicks (6-0) @ Memphis (6-1)

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Re: New York Knicks (6-0) @ Memphis (6-1) 

Post#16 » by vanjulio » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:20 am

Only in Memphis and the movies.

flagrant 2 by JR smith on the Tony Allen dunk AND1!!!! :o

see you in 2013 new york
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
manu chao
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#17 » by manu chao » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:09 am

hi guys, knicks fan here.
great game by the grizzlies and a monster gasol at both ends.
didn't like mike woodson's decision to guard some of yr big dogs by carmelo who wants to play big D in road matches. nice effort, yeah, but z-bo and marc are just like the himalaya and the alps.
their high-low is amazing.
plan B would have been giving more minutes to thomas and wallace and probably losing the pace on the floor and some points in the hands as well.
frankly i didn't like some refs calls, but i don't think new york deserved the win somehow: we had to be more focused on the game instead of complaining.
if you get some shooting from downtown, you have a pretty scaring team.

wish you all the best.
darkangle901
Starter
And1: 75

Post#18 » by darkangle901 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 am

As someone said earlier, the key was gonna be to run them off the three-point line, and it seems we did that all night. They shot only 26% from beyond the arc, and J.R. Smith was held scoreless (0-3) from out there.

I believe Hubie Brown made the point that the Knicks just haven't faced a defense like ours yet. I honestly think we've got the best defense in the league, especially if you consider rebounding to be a part of it.

There's still some great teams out West, but I think you have to consider the Grizzlies to be at or near the top, especially with LA trying to find it's identity and OKC trying to figure out how to replace James Harden.

If we can stay healthy, we're a good bet to make it to the Conference Finals and beyond. We're basically the same team we've been, except we've got a bench that is an asset rather than a liability, Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph have figured out how to play together, and we're ranked FIFTH IN 3 POINT PERCENTAGE at 0.393.

And we still haven't seen Darrell Arthur yet. Or Selby's killer jumpshot that we saw in summer league.
You can borrow ten cents; my two cents is free
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#19 » by Leaguepass » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:23 am

Good game guys.....like I said earlier limiting our 3 pointer was a key for your team.

Woodson was definitely wrong guarding Zach and Gasol through Melo. Don't know what he was thinking. Anyways good game see ya in MSG.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#20 » by jman3134 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:40 pm

I thought Melo did about as good of a job as you're going to do on Randolph. Problem was that he kept getting a little too physical with his arm action. He could have played him straight up and Randolph might have opted for more difficult fadeaways. But, Melo got himself into foul trouble locking arms etc. Marc Gasol is difficult to stop anyway you slice it. Rudy Gay didn't have his best game, but he played within the offense and was very effective that way.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#21 » by jefe » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Great game. I'm glad to see that Hollins didn't go small to match the Knicks - a development that did not occur because we were able to keep them from raining 3s IMO.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#22 » by SD2042 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 am

Great game by the Grizz. Both teams duked it out pretty good. Credit to the Knicks for doing their best. Thankfully the Grizz were able to take advantage of the Knicks mismatches and force them out on the perimeter with the defense.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies