Grizzlies Trades Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Grizzlies Trades Thread 

Post#81 » by VCfor3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 pm

So if Memphis blows things up, here are some potential trades we could possibly consider. I probably need to better balance some of the trades but you get the idea. We also would be a little short on veteran presence but hey, we would have fulfilled our quest to get young.

Min receives: Gasol
Mem receives: Dieng, Aldrich, Patton, OKC 18, MIN 20

Minnesota community seemed cool with this idea. Gives us two late picks, a prospect, and a solid PF.

Mil receives: Conley, Ennis
Mem receives: Parker, Monroe, Henson, Brogdon, MIL 18

Lets MIL get passed the injury plagued Parker and nets them what will be an All-Star PG and a solid SF replacement/bench depth. Moving Henson by himself would cost the MIL 18 1st anyway so this isn’t too bad of a price I hope.

LAL receive: Wright, Aldrich
Men receive: Clarkson, Nance

LAL clears cap space. Wright is expiring and Aldrich is only guaranteed 2mil next year. Wright also is still a decent player who could play and mentor this year.

SAS receives: Dieng, Evans
POR receives: Aldridge
MEM receives: Crabbe, POR 18, POR 20

SAS turns an unhappy expiring Aldridge into a starting PF and Evans who provides extra bench depth. POR uses a first to move Crabbe and a second first to get Aldridge. Por 20 would be protected and then turn to 2nds. Memphis does this for the two firsts and to clear out the new logjam at PF.

DAL receives: Harrison, OKC 18
MEM receives: Ferrell

With Smith, Dallas has their PG of the future. Harrison could develop into a serviceable backup but Barrea, Harris, and Smith should take the vast majority of Ferrel’s minutes. This nets them a first.

BKN receives: Henson, Martin, Cha 18 2nd
Men receives: TPE

Henson is still young but is a negative asset. Martin and a 2nd hopefully are enough for BKN to take him on. Memphis has too many players on the roster at this point and need to decrease personnel.

ORL receives: Baldwin, Parsons, Daniels
Men receives: Fournier, Augustin

This trade now makes more sense for Memphis since Augustin would provide a veteran presence and Fournier fits the youth movement. Daniels and Baldwin are stuck down the depth chart for us and the SF minutes will go to the younger players. We may need to add value to our side but getting off of an injury plagued Parsons after adding an injury plagued Parker would be wonderful.

Draft Picks:
2018: Mem, POR, Mem 2nd
2019: Mem 2nd, Bos 2nd (31-55 prot)
2020: POR, Mem, MIN, Mem 2nd

Lineup w/ age:
PG: Brogdon (24), Ferrell (24), Augustin (29)
SG: Fournier (24), Clarkson (25), Seldon (22), McLemore (24)
SF: Parker (22), Crabbe (25), Rade (21)
PF: Green (27), Nance (24)
C: Monroe (27), Davis (20), Patton (20)

Brooks and Rabb on 2-way contracts

Sal: 99.732
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#82 » by sportscrazy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:56 pm

Brandan Wright for Iman Shumpert?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#83 » by SD2042 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 12:49 am

sportscrazy wrote:Brandan Wright for Iman Shumpert?

Shump adds more defense, but doesn't help boost up the Grizzlies offense. Wright does need to be move before training camp. My concerns stemmed from how the Grizzlies style of play doesn't match up to his style of play which his more up tempo. Wright also expressed his displeasure about his role with the team and how he fits within the team.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#84 » by sportscrazy » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:22 am

SD2042 wrote:

Shump adds more defense, but doesn't help boost up the Grizzlies offense. Wright does need to be move before training camp. My concerns stemmed from how the Grizzlies style of play doesn't match up to his style of play which his more up tempo. Wright also expressed his displeasure about his role with the team and how he fits within the team.

Courtney Lee for Brandan Wright and James Ennis?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#85 » by dark-child » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:39 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

We moved on from Courtney years two years ago, so no need to take a second helping.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#86 » by SD2042 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

No need for a CLee second tour at this point. Lee was decent when he was in Memphis. The Grizzlies need a player who has more of an offensive outburst to go along with his defense to improve the Grizzlies NBA offensive ranking plus improve our threat assessment in and around the perimeter.
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#87 » by DCintheD » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:17 am

Hello Grizz fans. Is Conley on the block? What do you think his trade value is? Would love his leadership on the Pistons.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#88 » by dark-child » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:40 pm

In August/September HE IS NOT; Return in February and if things have went horribly wrong or just typical Grizzly luck then he might be.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#89 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Sep 4, 2017 7:10 am

Rumor Boston might be hoping to add JaMychal Green in a sign and trade - any guess how much money he'd go for? We have your first, Rozier, Yabusele, Semi Ojeleye, Abdel Nader, and potentially Marcus Morris to put into a deal.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#90 » by dark-child » Tue Sep 5, 2017 2:30 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Rumor Boston might be hoping to add JaMychal Green in a sign and trade - any guess how much money he'd go for? We have your first, Rozier, Yabusele, Semi Ojeleye, Abdel Nader, and potentially Marcus Morris to put into a deal.

No idea what he thinks is his market value, but the Grizzlies would be over the moon for Morris and their returned 1st rounder.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#91 » by SD2042 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 8:25 pm

dark-child wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Rumor Boston might be hoping to add JaMychal Green in a sign and trade - any guess how much money he'd go for? We have your first, Rozier, Yabusele, Semi Ojeleye, Abdel Nader, and potentially Marcus Morris to put into a deal.

No idea what he thinks is his market value, but the Grizzlies would be over the moon for Morris and their returned 1st rounder.

If Green is to be involve in a S&T with the Celtics, I can see our 1st rounder and Morris in the package.
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#92 » by Baller1234a » Wed Sep 6, 2017 9:06 pm

SD2042 wrote:
dark-child wrote:

If Green is to be involve in a S&T with the Celtics, I can see our 1st rounder and Morris in the package.

That's too much imo
Unless it was like
Gasol + Green for Horford MEM pick Morris
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#93 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Sep 6, 2017 10:26 pm

Yeah, I can't tell if BOS is keeping Morris - he defends Lebron really well. Morris/1st for Green I'd probably do.. but was thinking something like Yabusele/Ojeleye for Green on a cheap 1-2 year deal could work, too.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#94 » by SD2042 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Yeah, I can't tell if BOS is keeping Morris - he defends Lebron really well. Morris/1st for Green I'd probably do.. but was thinking something like Yabusele/Ojeleye for Green on a cheap 1-2 year deal could work, too.

Not too sure on the deal as the Grizzlies will be taking on two unknown players. The Grizzlies are the type of team that will want players to help the team compete right away. With the status of the team as is, and the lack of room on the roster(18), this deal isn't likely to work.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#95 » by 2Mas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Baller1234a wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
dark-child wrote:

That's too much imo
Unless it was like

I wanna keep that memphis pick so bad.

When we're all capped out in 2 years & our guys start to hit their picks. We'll have a great pick fresh legs to learn the ropes.

We're tryna trade that back to Memphis for Green?
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#96 » by Baller1234a » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:47 pm

2Mas wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

That's too much imo
Unless it was like

When we're all capped out in 2 years & our guys start to hit their picks. We'll have a great pick fresh legs to learn the ropes.

For green AND gasol
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#97 » by VCfor3 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Baller1234a wrote:
2Mas wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:That's too much imo
Unless it was like

For green AND gasol

I don't see the grizz trading Gasol and Green for Morris, Horford, and the pick.

A trade idea I was pondering would be green and a pick swap this year for Morris and our 19 pick. We would put minor protections on the swap but if we did this it would likely be to go wholesale and thus our pick this year should be quite decent. Otherwise the grizz ride it out with Gasol and Conley and the 19 pick is probably in the 10-14 range.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#98 » by Kilo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:20 pm

Mook makes $5M though. He can be traded for a player making up to 9M still I think (reason he could be traded for Avery Bradley's 9M straight up) as players under 5M can be traded for 175% of AAV or something. I don't see Green signing for $9M - so would likely take another player making around 2-3M. Mook for Green is a great trade for Memphis straight up - Mook is good and I'd contend will be better value than Green at their respective contracts.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by dark-child » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Kilo wrote:Mook makes $5M though. He can be traded for a player making up to 9M still I think (reason he could be traded for Avery Bradley's 9M straight up) as players under 5M can be traded for 175% of AAV or something. I don't see Green signing for $9M - so would likely take another player making around 2-3M. Mook for Green is a great trade for Memphis straight up - Mook is good and I'd contend will be better value than Green at their respective contracts.

If Mook is so great, here is a thought why don't you guys just keep him?
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#100 » by Kilo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:51 pm

dark-child wrote:
Kilo wrote:Mook makes $5M though. He can be traded for a player making up to 9M still I think (reason he could be traded for Avery Bradley's 9M straight up) as players under 5M can be traded for 175% of AAV or something. I don't see Green signing for $9M - so would likely take another player making around 2-3M. Mook for Green is a great trade for Memphis straight up - Mook is good and I'd contend will be better value than Green at their respective contracts.

If Mook is so great, here is a thought why don't you guys just keep him?

If by "you guys" you mean Pistons - we needed a SG rather than paying KCP $20M per season and still have Tobias Harris and Stanley Johnson. If you are referring to Boston I think they'd be looking to move him, if they are, because he's a 3/4 and they might be looking for a pure four to help Horford with rebounding with Irving and Hayward being the scorers and Tatum and Brown getting wing minutes.

JaMychal Green had one decent to good season - at 27yo. At most he's a full MLE player on his next contract to prove it wasn't a fluke season.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:

Return to Memphis Grizzlies