ImageImage

Grade Gasol Seaosn

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,134

Grade Gasol Seaosn 

Post#1 » by Hellcrooner » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:41 am

So, what do you think about marcs season ?
Are you surprised?
Dissapointed?

What do you expect from him long term?

Do you expect him to be back next season or maybe team rebuilds and trades him or he demmands a trade ?
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Re: Grade Gasol Seaosn 

Post#2 » by vanjulio » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:23 am

Gasol value is the same as oxygen in your room right now. It may not be the most rare element in the world but without it you're dead. To the Grizzlies Gasol is oxygen . They are dead without him. His progress as a 3pt shooter is mind blowing to me. I watch Desndre Jordan shot put free throws a foot away from the rim meanwhile Gasol banks in contested threes two few behind the line in crunch time
. Same physical player yet one has no idea how to shoot and the other is among the best of all time to play the game. His value is so high I would waste any more of my time discussing it. To a team that is already in the championship conversation, they may weigh whether he is their franchise anchor. To Grizzlies fans and the dynasty- he is irreplaceable. And he repeatedly states his desire to be in Memphis and give back to the city and represent .
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#3 » by dark-child » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:00 pm

He is the chief reason that a total rebuild would not make any sense. Overall grade is a B +. It is not an A because he is too reluctant a leader and goes with the flow too often. He has to carry the team and defers to the dribbler - MCJr. too much. Gasol should always be the first option and Conley the 2nd option on the current roster and not the reverse.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#4 » by bobobolas10 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:09 am

Well,He came for an ending-season-injury last year. He stayed healthy and at his best level ever.

There was a time in the season when he played only with undrafted players and D-leaguers. Not only he managed to carry the team to a 7-2 record, we beat the spurs, cavs and warriors those days.

Now he has improved his 3point shoot. That is a threat. Opponent center has to contest every three point shoot otherwise... That generates plenty offensive opportunities. (I mention this because it is important to value his game and grade. That ability from 3 is new this year)

Needless to say that 9 out of 10 Basketball webpages said the Grizzs would not make it to playoffs. I expected something better that the 7th seed, but all in all and considering our lack of bench, it is all good. Trade any C in the league in exchange of Gasol and this team would not make Playoffs.

So considering those facts, Gasol gets the A.
"Take that for Data!"
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 pm

Hellcrooner wrote:So, what do you think about marcs season ?
Are you surprised?
Dissapointed?

What do you expect from him long term?

Do you expect him to be back next season or maybe team rebuilds and trades him or he demmands a trade ?

Gasol adding 3 point shooting is a plus to his arsenal. Credit goes to Fizdale for instilling that piece to Marc's game. The leadership role thing is not necessarily a thing Marc has fully embrace as he tends to defer to others. Marc is the type of guy that just wants to do the necessary things to help the team win games. Not the type to want major attention, except for the infamous Conor McGregor walk from the winning 3ball against the Clippers. :lol:

He's a rare type of player that desires to be in a city like Memphis along with the other guys on the roster.

A- for Gasol

Return to Memphis Grizzlies