ImageImage

The Aftermath/Offseason Part 2

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Bucketgetter
Pro Prospect
And1: 197

Re: The Aftermath/Offseason Part 2 

Post#21 » by Bucketgetter » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:53 am

Do any of you know what happened to JaMychal Green? I wanted the Wolves to sign him to an offers sheet so badly at the beginning of free agency to a deal around 12-15 million. Then if the Grizz match fall back on options like Gibson and Patterson. Instead we went for Gibson right away :banghead:

Do you guys why he isn’t signed yet? Or how much he’ll eventually get? Seems like the perfect modern day 4, Draymond-lite. Would have been an amazing fit with Towns.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#22 » by VCfor3 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 10:52 pm

Bucketgetter wrote:Do any of you know what happened to JaMychal Green? I wanted the Wolves to sign him to an offers sheet so badly at the beginning of free agency to a deal around 12-15 million. Then if the Grizz match fall back on options like Gibson and Patterson. Instead we went for Gibson right away :banghead:

Do you guys why he isn’t signed yet? Or how much he’ll eventually get? Seems like the perfect modern day 4, Draymond-lite. Would have been an amazing fit with Towns.

Still no word. Kinda weird since I thought he would be our one free agent we really made an effort for.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#23 » by dark-child » Wed Aug 2, 2017 3:40 pm

The Front Office not willing to bid against themselves so if they have to make an offer it is probably around 8 million per year and not for the number of years JaMychal was hoping for so he has to get an offer from another team and let the Grizz match but he is unable to nail down such an offer.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#24 » by SD2042 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:41 pm

dark-child wrote:The Front Office not willing to bid against themselves so if they have to make an offer it is probably around 8 million per year and not for the number of years JaMychal was hoping for so he has to get an offer from another team and let the Grizz match but he is unable to nail down such an offer.

Sometimes players just don't get the numbers they seek because of how the way they play in their mind may not necessarily match up to the numbers the GMs think best fit the player based on skills and fit with the team I suppose.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#25 » by bobobolas10 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:41 am

Im not sure where I am standing on the J.Green issue. He is a good role player and can do well pretty most everything. However, he was asked to step up this season, given a spot in the starting lineup but it didnt work. Not long after that, Zbo had to play the 4thQ if the game was close.

So the question is, is he gonna get any better? is he worth 8 mill a year or the much more he is asking? and the more important, what can we get and at what cost if he doesnt resign?

In my opinion, we are enjoying Marc&Mike at their best. I believe this might be the last year of this duo if FO doesnt get good players around em.
"Take that for Data!"
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,832

Post#26 » by Wiltside » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:35 am

Grizz fans, a bit of change in the team this season for the first time in a while. How are you feeling about your prospects this season in a tough Western conference?

Questions for you guys:
- Who is the answer at SG?
- Who finds themself as the 16th man on a 15 man roster?
- Can the Grizz stay healthy this season?
- Are the Grizz still 'grit 'n' grind' without ZBo and Allen?

We've written up our offseason report, would value your opinions guys: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/09/26/nba-grizzlies-season-preview/
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
bobobolas10
Senior

Post#27 » by bobobolas10 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:30 am

Ok, So finally J.Green gave up and signed the contract. Guess we must cut another player now, isnt it?
"Take that for Data!"
bobobolas10
Senior

Post#28 » by bobobolas10 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:39 am

Wiltside wrote:Grizz fans, a bit of change in the team this season for the first time in a while. How are you feeling about your prospects this season in a tough Western conference?

Questions for you guys:
- Who is the answer at SG?
- Who finds themself as the 16th man on a 15 man roster?
- Can the Grizz stay healthy this season?
- Are the Grizz still 'grit 'n' grind' without ZBo and Allen?

We've written up our offseason report, would value your opinions guys: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/09/26/nba-grizzlies-season-preview/

I guess Mclemore will be our starting SG when healthy. Coach Fizdale have played two PG at the same time at some points in the game. If Chalmers stays healthy, We will see a lot of Conley-Harrison and Conley-Chalmers in the court.

I dont know who is going to be cut after resinging Green. One of the rookies I guess, not sure...

Last year we only lost Tony Allen for the playoffs. As long as Marc&Mike stays healthy, I guess we are making it to the playoffs again. Of course they will need help from Green, Parsons, Evans and Mclemore.

The grit 'n' grind era is gone Altough I still believe defense is the key to win games, our main strenght is the D. Slow pace, defense and under100pts in the scoreboard, thats what get us the Ws. System is slightly changing when it comes to offense, more threes basically.
"Take that for Data!"
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#29 » by Yuri Vaultin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Anyone see any big steps forward for Deyonta this season? If I'm not wrong it looks as though the big rotation will be Gasol/Green/Wright/Davis/Rabb?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,832

Post#30 » by Wiltside » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:05 pm

Parsons will be interesting. Is talking the talk about being in shape and practicing etc, but I want to see it in games. Big money, needs to start producing.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
bobobolas10
Senior

Post#31 » by bobobolas10 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 7:29 am

Wiltside wrote:Parsons will be interesting. Is talking the talk about being in shape and practicing etc, but I want to see it in games. Big money, needs to start producing.

Parsons dont miss a shot in his instragram videos! :lol: :lol: We will see when he starts shooting those flat-ass bricks. Awful realease but all in all, I still hope he is our third option.

About Deyonta, I dont expect him to be productive this year. Only injuries will give him more minutes.
"Take that for Data!"
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#32 » by SD2042 » Fri Oct 6, 2017 1:46 am

Yuri Vaultin wrote:Anyone see any big steps forward for Deyonta this season? If I'm not wrong it looks as though the big rotation will be Gasol/Green/Wright/Davis/Rabb?

So far in his two games, DD is doing decent in his rebounding. He still needs to work on his footwork as he finds himself get work out of positions at times and pick up fouls. He will need to work on the physical as much as the psychological side of the game in order to be a productive member of the Grizzlies. I still hold out some hope he will produce overtime. Right now, DD will be another work in progress.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies