Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Grizzlies Rumor: TA to be offer the vet minimum 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:31 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rumor-grizzlies-offer-only-offer-173352353.html

At this juncture and out of respect for Tony Allen and what he has done throughout his Grizzlies career, his injuries has been a factor in his declining play. His style of play(athleticism) also comes with a shelf life. He's 35yrs old now and that part of his game has unfortunately decline. Also to add, the Grizzlies need to usher in a new version of Grizzlies and develop them well. It's not like we're in line to beat the Warriors for a title run currently.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Re: Grizzlies Rumor: TA to be offer the vet minimum 

Post#2 » by dark-child » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Lets hope he is insulted by that and accepts a deal somewhere else. IT IS JUST TIME TO MOVE ON!
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:18 am

I agree we need to move on but I would have been okay with a 1yr 2mil deal. Give him a chance to teach Seldon a bit and show him love with a slightly above minimum offer. Also I planned on getting his jersey this year so I need him on the team to make that easier haha.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#4 » by dark-child » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:57 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I agree we need to move on but I would have been okay with a 1yr 2mil deal. Give him a chance to teach Seldon a bit and show him love with a slightly above minimum offer. Also I planned on getting his jersey this year so I need him on the team to make that easier haha.

That's exactly what his salary would be with only around 50% applied to the Grizzlies CAP and the league responsible for the other half
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:00 pm

dark-child wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I agree we need to move on but I would have been okay with a 1yr 2mil deal. Give him a chance to teach Seldon a bit and show him love with a slightly above minimum offer. Also I planned on getting his jersey this year so I need him on the team to make that easier haha.

That's exactly what his salary would be with only around 50% applied to the Grizzlies CAP and the league responsible for the other half

Ah I didn't realize that. I only ever looked at the cap hit for the vet minimum. Appreciate the info.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies