2017 NBA Draft Night

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

2017 NBA Draft Night 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:21 pm

This is the 2017 NBA Draft Night Thread to be designed for the Grizzlies. Unfortunately, the Grizzlies do not have any picks for tonight to select with unless they happen to trade into the draft. Personally, I don't see it. If it happens, only God knows who Wallace do have in mind for that draft selection. Given his track record, he might one more negative to his record.

We'll see as the draft goes further along tonight.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Re: 2017 NBA Draft Night 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:16 am

Read on Twitter

According to Woj, the Grizzlies may have acquired the 35th pick from the Magic. Now the concerns begin to who was traded for whom and who is Wallace targeting at #35.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:14 am

I guess we need to move Martin potentially depending on what bigs we bring back this offseason. Don't know if he is worth very much unfortunately. And that Bkn 2nd was a nice asset so hopefully this guy will pan out. I was kinda hoping we would pair that pick with Wright and go fishing for a backup PG or something.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:39 am

For the #35 pick of the draft the Memphis Grizzlies select Ivan Rabb from the Univeristy of California

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ivan-Rabb-7245/
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#5 » by jman3134 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:26 am

Great draft for us, especially considering we didn't have any picks. Rabb is the same player he was when he was a borderline lotto pick a season ago. Rabb is a steal at 35 and definitely high upside. Dillon Brooks is an aggressive, hard nosed option who fits are character. Solid picks.

Wished we had targeted Derrick White and Josh Hart as well, but solid draft. It is rare that I have said that for this team.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#6 » by dark-child » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:01 pm

I guess Wallace requires a much lesser expectation to come thru for the organization. His work in the 2nd round has been pretty good of late.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:57 pm

jman3134 wrote:Great draft for us, especially considering we didn't have any picks. Rabb is the same player he was when he was a borderline lotto pick a season ago. Rabb is a steal at 35 and definitely high upside. Dillon Brooks is an aggressive, hard nosed option who fits are character. Solid picks.

Wished we had targeted Derrick White and Josh Hart as well, but solid draft. It is rare that I have said that for this team.

Josh Hart was a player I had as a Grizzlies target had they managed to get themselves in the second round. For once like you said, it's a rare occasion that the Grizzlies get the draft just right. Rabb has some potential to be a solid player in the league. He will need to add some muscle and continue to elevate his game. I didn't even know they acquired Dillon Brooks til this morning. Known scorer in the Pac12. He will need to improve defensively. Especially on a team like the Grizzlies.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#8 » by SD2042 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I guess we need to move Martin potentially depending on what bigs we bring back this offseason. Don't know if he is worth very much unfortunately. And that Bkn 2nd was a nice asset so hopefully this guy will pan out. I was kinda hoping we would pair that pick with Wright and go fishing for a backup PG or something.

One name I've heard mentioned was Patrick Beverley. Take it with a grain of salt.

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#9 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:03 pm

SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I guess we need to move Martin potentially depending on what bigs we bring back this offseason. Don't know if he is worth very much unfortunately. And that Bkn 2nd was a nice asset so hopefully this guy will pan out. I was kinda hoping we would pair that pick with Wright and go fishing for a backup PG or something.

One name I've heard mentioned was Patrick Beverley. Take it with a grain of salt.

He was someone I was hoping we would go after, but I'm not holding my breath. I feel like someone else will likely beat our offer. We also will have to find someone else to take Wright to create a trade exception since Houston wants to create cap space and won't take much salary back.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#10 » by SD2042 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:18 am

VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

He was someone I was hoping we would go after, but I'm not holding my breath. I feel like someone else will likely beat our offer. We also will have to find someone else to take Wright to create a trade exception since Houston wants to create cap space and won't take much salary back.

Wright definitely needs to go. The Grizzlies shouldn't have signed him in the first place. Not because of his injuries, rather his style of play doesn't rhyme with the Grizzlies half court style. Wright is an athletic PF/C who fits in an up tempo style. As for whom the Grizzlies look back in return outside of a PG, TE, or etc is anyone's guess.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies