Post#2 » by jman3134 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:41 am

Conley was quiet early in this one.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Re: Grizzlies(2-0) @ Rockets(3-0) 

Post#3 » by jman3134 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:50 am

Big W for our team tonight. Hung around and pulled ahead at the end. Got to love the Grit N Grind is still alive!
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#4 » by bobobolas10 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:10 pm

That 20-2 run in the last 6 minutes was really unexpected. Im glad Conley woke up. What a bad game he played until that last stint of minutes in the 4th.

Gasol finished 8/15 from the field. Any ball Gasol shoots is a good ball for me, but today I got to admit he threw a few rocks.

When Gordon was guarded by Harrison, you knew something bad would happen. Check his -/+ it's -13. Harrison does not fit in this team. Not sure why Fiz is still giving him chances, not even worth as a backup PG, so let alone as a starter SG consering the SG there are in the league.

Not sure why D'antoni didnt give more minutes to Capella. Just 24. He was doing very well. Nene also had good minutes and just 15. I believe the Rockets were tired when it mattered most.

All in all, Good job Fiz. Dont know what you did but it worked. :lol:
"Take that for Data!"
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#5 » by dark-child » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:38 pm

We get a couple performances a year from the Grizz, where everyone (me) thinks they have no shot at coming back and they do just that.
Sloth
Freshman
And1: 36

Post#6 » by Sloth » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 pm

I was impressed with this game, even more so than the game against Golden State. Down late, and to close it on a 20-2 run against one of the most complete offensive teams in the league is a big deal. Also, held them to just 90 points.

I love the minutes that Brooks is putting in, and he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Brooks looked phenomenal in the opening game, but has been kind of a non factor since. He is a rookie, so I expect ups and downs, I still love his energy, and clearly Fiz does to, he is averaging almost 30 mpg.

Green is out again for tomorrow's game, anyone know his status going forward?
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#7 » by bobobolas10 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 am

Sloth wrote:I was impressed with this game, even more so than the game against Golden State. Down late, and to close it on a 20-2 run against one of the most complete offensive teams in the league is a big deal. Also, held them to just 90 points.

I love the minutes that Brooks is putting in, and he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Brooks looked phenomenal in the opening game, but has been kind of a non factor since. He is a rookie, so I expect ups and downs, I still love his energy, and clearly Fiz does to, he is averaging almost 30 mpg.

According to Shams Charania of The Vertical, JaMychal Green (ankle) is expected to miss several weeks.
Another report from TNT reporter David Aldridge indicated that Green will be out 3-4 weeks. An MRI on his left ankle sprain came back clean, but he's still going to be out a while.
"Take that for Data!"
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#8 » by SD2042 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Sloth wrote:I was impressed with this game, even more so than the game against Golden State. Down late, and to close it on a 20-2 run against one of the most complete offensive teams in the league is a big deal. Also, held them to just 90 points.

Brooks has been impressing me so far in these games. He's doing the little things to keep him on the floor for more minutes. Like u stated, he's a rookie. He's still getting acclimated to how the NBA works.

The Rockets game was a good showdown. The Grizzlies were tested as they found themselves down some points. They got back to what they did best and lockdown the Rockets offense and force them to play to their will. That's how teams survive in the league. Otherwise, they would be looking at 2-1 right now.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies