11%

Total votes: 45

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Draft Watch 

Post#41 » by VCfor3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:35 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:Is anyone else here feeling that our FO will screw everything and let us down with some dumb and short sighted move? I can't wait the draft to be over so I can't get rid of this feeling.

I always have that feeling. The local radio guys have gotten a bit worried as well ha. "We are having a watch party at ___ bar. There will be plenty of alcohol for whatever happens."
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#42 » by rtblues » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:Is anyone else here feeling that our FO will screw everything and let us down with some dumb and short sighted move? I can't wait the draft to be over so I can't get rid of this feeling.

Classic draft fatigue. Step away from the computer... :lol:
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#43 » by BarbaGrizz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:53 pm

rtblues wrote:

Classic draft fatigue. Step away from the computer... :lol:

The Grit & Grind era made me forget how bad our FO sux :lol: :lol: :lol:
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#44 » by SD2042 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:39 am

It's sad to say, but yes I do feel like they are going to screw it up. It's a very short sighted to just move the 4th pick just to cover the fact that Wallace screwed up with the Parsons move. As for this "competing" business to fight for another playoff run is another issue I can't wrap my head around. I know there are a lot of unknowns in the air and we don't know how things will shape out by the time preseason comes back in late September.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Draft Watch 2018 Grizzlies Draft 

Post#45 » by SD2042 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Today is the NBA Draft where the Grizzlies will select at #4 and #32 in tonight's draft. Speculations have run rampant that the Grizzlies are looking into scenarios to trade the 4th pick along with Chandler Parsons to get back that player they desire to compliment both Mike Conley and Marc Gasol to compete for the 2018-19 season and beyond. While it's noble to want to compete. It's the realist in me that suspects the Grizzlies will come short of the idea of competing for a successful campaign and a return to the playoffs in the upcoming season.

That said, the reason for the thread is to make the case for the 4th pick of the draft. So many players and yet each of them makes the case to either select them or pass on them.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23712263/2018-nba-draft-scouting-videos-mike-schmitz-jonathan-givony-draftexpress

This link above will show all of us the players strengths and weaknesses and if their skills set will match up with the Grizzlies schemes for their impending future. Who do you think the Grizzlies should draft at #4 tonight assuming if they keep the pick?

I say Mohamed Bamba.

Final Answer
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#46 » by boogiesdad » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:12 am

Jaren Jackson Jr is the pick
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#47 » by bobobolas10 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:36 am

boogiesdad wrote:Jaren Jackson Jr is the pick

First day as a Grizzly: Id travel to Barcelona to start learning from Gasol from the very first day. :lol: :lol:

Good luck Mr. Jackson Jr.
"Take that for Data!"
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#48 » by BarbaGrizz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:08 pm

I'm kind of relieved with our draft
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today

Return to Memphis Grizzlies