Draftees to Visit Grizzlies

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Draftees to Visit Grizzlies 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:32 am

This thread will be reserve for all draftees who will visit the Grizzlies between now and the draft.

May 24th

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2018/5/23/17385252/grizzlies-to-host-pre-draft-workout-may-24th-memphis-nba
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Re: Draftees to Visit Grizzlies 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:21 am

Potimus
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Potimus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:19 am

What do you make of the lack of players coming in to work out. Is it a foregone conclusion that the pick will be traded?
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#4 » by I Am Awesome-O » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:11 am

Potimus wrote:What do you make of the lack of players coming in to work out. Is it a foregone conclusion that the pick will be traded?

They've always had trouble getting players in. They aren't going to get Ayton or Bagley in because they think they're going top-3. I don't think they're interested in JJJ. They aren't going to get Bamba and Young in because they play Conley and Gasol's positions. They've had Carter, Knox, and I believe Sexton in.

A trade is definitely a possibility, though I don't buy the hype. Every year the media hypes a crazy, trade-heavy draft but they rarely come to fruition. In fact, the last time a team traded out of the top-5 was 2009, and picks weren't at as great of a premium then.

If Doncic or Bagley is on the board at four, I am almost positive we will pick and keep whichever one is there. If neither is there, then a trade becomes much more realistic.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 pm

I Am Awesome-O wrote:
Potimus wrote:What do you make of the lack of players coming in to work out. Is it a foregone conclusion that the pick will be traded?

They've always had trouble getting players in. They aren't going to get Ayton or Bagley in because they think they're going top-3. I don't think they're interested in JJJ. They aren't going to get Bamba and Young in because they play Conley and Gasol's positions. They've had Carter, Knox, and I believe Sexton in.

A trade is definitely a possibility, though I don't buy the hype. Every year the media hypes a crazy, trade-heavy draft but they rarely come to fruition. In fact, the last time a team traded out of the top-5 was 2009, and picks weren't at as great of a premium then.

If Doncic or Bagley is on the board at four, I am almost positive we will pick and keep whichever one is there. If neither is there, then a trade becomes much more realistic.

This.

If we do trade it will likely be to trade down a few spots or get a young stud (Ex: Bradley Beal). Anything could happen with our FO though. :roll:
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:57 am

VCfor3 wrote:
I Am Awesome-O wrote:

This.

If we do trade it will likely be to trade down a few spots or get a young stud (Ex: Bradley Beal). Anything could happen with our FO though. :roll:

I would not mind getting a Bradley Beal type of player or perhaps Otto Porter if possible.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies