ImageImage

Jevon Carter signs multi-year deal

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Jevon Carter signs multi-year deal 

Post#1 » by dorkestra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm not sure what the terms are, but it's not a big surprise to me.

Grizzlies roster really taking shape:

Mike Conley / Jevon Carter / Andrew Harrison
Dillon Brooks/ Garrett Temple/ Wayne Selden
Kyle Anderson / Chandler Parsons / MarShon Brooks
Jaren Jackson Jr. / JaMychal Green / Omri Casspi
Marc Gasol / Jarrell Martin / Ivan Rabb
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Re: Jevon Carter signs multi-year deal 

Post#2 » by bobobolas10 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:16 am

Not bad. If healthy, we are playoff contenders.
"Take that for Data!"
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#3 » by BarbaGrizz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:30 pm

We need another Center, neither Martin or Rabb are able to handle stronger 5s
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#4 » by dorkestra » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:53 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:We need another Center, neither Martin or Rabb are able to handle stronger 5s

And just as soon as you make this post - they trade for big boy Dakari Johnson. Do you work for the Grizzlies front office?
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:37 am

dorkestra wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:We need another Center, neither Martin or Rabb are able to handle stronger 5s

And just as soon as you make this post - they trade for big boy Dakari Johnson. Do you work for the Grizzlies front office?

A move deem out of left field. This guy barely got any play time during his stay at OKC. Either the roster was too full at his position or the guy's skills set was too raw for OKC to invest in for the long term.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst

Post#6 » by BarbaGrizz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:35 pm

dorkestra wrote:

I wish :lol: but I think he'll be cut, he's not NBA material. I still want to see us taking a look in Lucas Bebe for the minimum though
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:
dorkestra wrote:

I wish :lol: but I think he'll be cut, he's not NBA material. I still want to see us taking a look in Lucas Bebe for the minimum though

Another player I think the Grizzlies needto look into is DeWayne Dedmon. He's on an expiring contract like JaM is on right now. The Hawks are four deep at the center position. Dedmon has the most value to be moved for the right piece. JaM would fit into ATL's up-tempo scheme and will still start for the team as well.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst

Post#8 » by BarbaGrizz » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:38 pm

SD2042 wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:
dorkestra wrote:

Another player I think the Grizzlies needto look into is DeWayne Dedmon. He's on an expiring contract like JaM is on right now. The Hawks are four deep at the center position. Dedmon has the most value to be moved for the right piece. JaM would fit into ATL's up-tempo scheme and will still start for the team as well.

If ATL is willing to swap Dedmon for JaM, without us having to add value, than I'm all for it, but I think the Hawks knows they can get maybe a late 1st pick for him

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#9 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:43 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:I wish :lol: but I think he'll be cut, he's not NBA material. I still want to see us taking a look in Lucas Bebe for the minimum though

If ATL is willing to swap Dedmon for JaM, without us having to add value, than I'm all for it, but I think the Hawks knows they can get maybe a late 1st pick for him

It's very possible the Hawks may ask for a late 1st in return. The only thing with that is that is that the Hawks will have to wait until 2021 as the Grizzlies cannot trade picks back to back. Unless they are willing to wait it out that long as the Grizzlies seem committed to compete once again.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#10 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:51 pm

SD2042 wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

It's very possible the Hawks may ask for a late 1st in return. The only thing with that is that is that the Hawks will have to wait until 2021 as the Grizzlies cannot trade picks back to back. Unless they are willing to wait it out that long as the Grizzlies seem committed to compete once again.

We aren't moving a future 1st for Dedmon. I think we would entertain a 2nd but that's it and that's if things are going fairly well this year and that'd be a difference for our team between clearing our pick/playoffs/whatever goal is currently being pushed by the FO at that time.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies