ImageImage

2019 Grizzlies Trade Deadline Trade Rumors

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: 2019 Grizzlies Trade Deadline Trade Rumors 

Post#21 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Feb 7, 2019 3:19 pm

Conley for Rubio/Favors and Gasol for MKG/Biyombo would be fair value and cap relief if you want it, but you’d close the season with the worst shooting team of all time.. Rubio, MKG, Favors, Biyombo in one lineup would be amazing and might be worth doing to market it and get some good humor around the rebuild -
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#22 » by VCfor3 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:37 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Conley for Rubio/Favors and Gasol for MKG/Biyombo would be fair value and cap relief if you want it, but you’d close the season with the worst shooting team of all time.. Rubio, MKG, Favors, Biyombo in one lineup would be amazing and might be worth doing to market it and get some good humor around the rebuild -

Memphis isn't trying to salary dump their franchise players. Marc likely would have opted out so MKG and Biyombo having almost 30m in salary next season makes that a horrible trade. The protected 1st being offered wasn't super enticing depending on how protected it was. I actually am fine with the Toronto deal.

Conley is a good player who will still likely have a similar offer made for him as the one we passed up with Utah. (the pick will be in a potentially better draft though). Keeping Mike around to push for conveying the pick and more importantly mentoring JJJ and the other few young guys is fine with me.

The LAC trade was garbage. The Mack trade was good. Not taking the Houston trade was bad. We likely missed other opportunities too (we were the front-runner for Fultz at one point though we didn't have a 1st to move).
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#23 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:06 pm

I really like what your front office did, actually... but I would have loved the Memphis Masons throwing the ball at the rim..

Return to Memphis Grizzlies