ImageImage

2019 Off-Season Questions

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,594

2019 Off-Season Questions 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:07 pm

1. Who are your free agents and what percentage would you put on them re-signing?

2. What are your team needs and the overall short term goals of the team?

3. Is there any reason your coach may not be in place next year?

4. Who are you willing to trade?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: 2019 Off-Season Questions 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:17 am

1. Noah - 70% (emotional heart of the team currently but an get paid more elsewhere)
Bruno - 80% (think he'll get offered a deal soon for the rest of this season as well as next season)
Holiday - 50% (This is a toss up but he can be resigned with early bird rights)
Wright (RFA) - 95% (I think they are going to sell him as one of the main pieces we acquired for Gasol so won't let him walk easily)

2. We need young players to put around JJJ. Our short term goal is to convey the pick to Boston. Ideally we do that this season but I give us like a 10-15% chance at best of actually accomplishing that though I haven't seen JV play for us yet. If we don't manage to do that, we likely try to reload and convey it next year. If we do convey the pick, maybe we finally embrace the rebuild but there is not telling what our FO will do.

3. There is a very good chance JB is gone at the end of the season. Wallace may be as well.

4. Pretty much anyone outside of JJJ though Brooks and especially Anderson will be harder to get from us. I expect us to evaluate the Conley market and more likely than not move him this summer.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:20 pm

NYG wrote:1. Who are your free agents and what percentage would you put on them re-signing?

2. What are your team needs and the overall short term goals of the team?

3. Is there any reason your coach may not be in place next year?

4. Who are you willing to trade?

1. D.Wright- high possible chance he will be re-sign to the team.
2. J. Noah. not so sure his chance is high enough to be re-signed.
3. Holiday- I have trouble seeing Holiday coming back to this roster. He's more effective in an up-tempo setting than a half-court setting.
4. Bruno- the SF/PF positions will be stacked in the off season. He may find himself elsewhere.
5. T. Dorsey. unknown. He did requested a trade out of the ATL. Which tells me he has something to prove. His production for the next two months will dictate whether or not he will be coming back to the Grizzlies in the off-season or not.

I would like the foundation for the Grizzlies to consist of players to be rebuild around 3J to begin restructuring the team's efforts to build the team up in the right way.

Needs, young vets blend in with young talent to help build the nucleus up and to keep from going into a rebuild that may become too extended like Sacrament or Minnesota went through.

Get the pic off to Boston while it's a weak draft this upcoming year.

Bickerstaff is not the right coach for the Grizzlies. His lack of creativity and strategy has cost the Grizzlies wins on many occasions. The front office needs to be replace with young minds who are willing to ride the rebuilding project in the right direction as well to be fiscally responsible for signing free agents as well as drafts, and trades to boot.

Evaluation period for this team has to start now as this team has less than 40 games remaining on the schedule. Who will be safe are 3J, Brooks, Valanciunas, Anderson, and maybe Conley( depending on if there is a market for him in the off-season).
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,594

Post#4 » by NYG » Sat Mar 9, 2019 6:11 pm

Conley for Hayward, Yabusele and ‘20 Celtics 1st?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:39 pm

NYG wrote:Conley for Hayward, Yabusele and ‘20 Celtics 1st?

Probably not. I think Memphis would try to argue Hayward is a negative and so just to take him on would require value (though how Hayward finishes out the season will make or break that argument to an extent). I think they'd look to another team for a 1st+maybe youngish player and expiring money instead of using their cap on Hayward since he limits bad money+asset type deals in the future and most other teams likely would offer a better 2020 pick.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies