Post#1 » by ducler » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:50 pm

Read on Twitter
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Grizzlies(23-37) @ Cavaliers(13-46) 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:22 am

I like how the FO decided they wanted to try and convey the pick still instead of truly rebuilding yet we can't even beat the Cavs (granted injuries contributed but still).
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:38 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I like how the FO decided they wanted to try and convey the pick still instead of truly rebuilding yet we can't even beat the Cavs (granted injuries contributed but still).

They look like they will & need to keep this years pick, convey it in 2020.

Being a Raptors fan having watched a base core of Lowry, Derozan & Jonas average 50 wins for the last 7 seasons with a revolving door at SF, PF & depth options over that same span. If your team tanks & lands a quality 2 way wing in combination with JJJ's continual growth, they could have a very quick turn around.

Comparing potential base cores Memphis vs Toronto.

C- Jonas/Noah > Jonas, with Noah complimenting him defensively.

PF - JJJ has a lot of room for growth & is already > Scola/Ibaka who were acquired on a decline from their careers.

SF - Draft available quality 2 way wing top 8 (Barrett, Reddish, Langford, Little) > DeRozan, defensively, out the gate

SG - Bradley > Salmons/Carroll/OG as a 3 & D wing compliment

PG - Conley/Delon are on par & younger version of Lowry/Delon

If the wing drafted pans out in combination with JJJ, your team could be better than what the Raptors were the last 6 years. At the very least, defensively. DeRozan was a top end scoring talent. Not sure your team has a #1 go to guy but that could pend on if your team successfully hits on the pick in this years draft, which is possible.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 am

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I like how the FO decided they wanted to try and convey the pick still instead of truly rebuilding yet we can't even beat the Cavs (granted injuries contributed but still).

Being a Raptors fan having watched a base core of Lowry, Derozan & Jonas average 50 wins for the last 7 seasons with a revolving door at SF, PF & depth options over that same span. If your team tanks & lands a quality 2 way wing in combination with JJJ's continual growth, they could have a very quick turn around.

PF - JJJ has a lot of room for growth & is already > Scola/Ibaka who were acquired on a decline from their careers.

SF - Draft available quality 2 way wing top 8 (Barrett, Reddish, Langford, Little) > DeRozan, defensively, out the gate

If the wing drafted pans out in combination with JJJ, your team could be better than what the Raptors were the last 6 years. At the very least, defensively. DeRozan was a top end scoring talent. Not sure your team has a #1 go to guy but that could pend on if your team successfully hits on the pick in this years draft, which is possible.

I think your SG position is stronger. Bradley had a couple good games but has been terrible since Boston. You also have a better bench, but I agree conveying the pick next year seems like the way to go.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Whole Truth » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:09 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

I think your SG position is stronger. Bradley had a couple good games but has been terrible since Boston. You also have a better bench, but I agree conveying the pick next year seems like the way to go.

OG is a solid perimeter defender but is limited to solely cuts & hitting the open 3, he's very limited handling the ball & creating for himself. Danny Green was a massive upgrade to OG starting last year.

With Jonas entering his prime & Noah to compliment him defensively, your centre position is better than what the Raptors have had to date.

JJJ is already better than anything Raptors had starting at PF the last 6 yrs & he will only get better. Pascal is a recent revelation.

Subjectively Bradley is better than OG because he can actually create for himself.

Conley & Lowry who's declining is a potential wash.

Delon was our combo guard, backup & an excellent perimeter defender.

If you guys hit on your draft pick with several wing options available, add a couple shooters to your depth chart, the transition from the Gasol ERA will be a quick one IMO.

You have a player you specifically like, have interest in top 8, other than Zion?.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by VCfor3 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:45 am

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

OG is a solid perimeter defender but is limited to solely cuts & hitting the open 3, he's very limited handling the ball & creating for himself. Danny Green was a massive upgrade to OG starting last year.

With Jonas entering his prime & Noah to compliment him defensively, your centre position is better than what the Raptors have had to date.

JJJ is already better than anything Raptors had starting at PF the last 6 yrs & he will only get better. Pascal is a recent revelation.

Subjectively Bradley is better than OG because he can actually create for himself.

If you guys hit on your draft pick with several wing options available, add a couple shooters to your depth chart, the transition from the Gasol ERA will be a quick one IMO.

You have a player you specifically like, have interest in top 8, other than Zion?.

Personally I like Culver and Hunter though each has things that worry me. I don't know some of the other prospects very well that will go in that range though.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Whole Truth » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:52 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

Personally I like Culver and Hunter though each has things that worry me. I don't know some of the other prospects very well that will go in that range though.

I like Culvers upside & the idea of Hunters ability to stretch the court.

This would be my Memphis draft board, in order

#1 - Zion
#2 - RJ Barret
#3 - Ja Morant
#4 - Nassir Little
#5 - Cam Reddish
#6 - Keldon Johnson
#7 - Jarrett Culver
#8 - Darius Garland
#9 - Deandre Hunter
#10 - Romeo Langford
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#8 » by VCfor3 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:07 pm

Little seems so up and down. I think he'll be a better NBA player than college player but he still scares me. Keldon dominates one game and then can disappear the next. RJ and Cam have their issues too and Ja' level of competition is pretty bad. Would love to see Ja go against some better teams.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies