Joakim Noah

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Joakim Noah 

Post#1 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:28 am

Bulls fan here. Curious to hear your impressions on Noah. I've noticed he's been playing pretty well recently and looking pretty damn agile in his highlights. Does he look good out there to you guys as well? Is he on his way to having a Rose-like resurgence or is he simply just making the most of his minutes?

Thanks!
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Re: Joakim Noah 

Post#2 » by bobobolas10 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:00 am

In my opinion, im not sure whats the point of using this 34yo guy in our rotation if we are tanking. When he was signed it looked like we could attempt a run for the PO. However, we were not even close to make it.

You see the highlights and he may look agile and all that. Watching him playing basketball is just painful. I dont like him, never did.
"Take that for Data!"
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#3 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:10 pm

Noah will make a contender very happy next season
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Fri Mar 1, 2019 11:49 am

BarbaGrizz wrote:Noah will make a contender very happy next season

Memphis should attempt to retain him in an attempt to convey the 2020 pick. If they get off to a slow start, beef up his trade value & net back some assets from a contender. Don't let him walk.
evilution
Senior
And1: 712

Post#5 » by evilution » Fri Mar 1, 2019 11:52 am

bobobolas10 wrote:In my opinion, im not sure whats the point of using this 34yo guy in our rotation if we are tanking. When he was signed it looked like we could attempt a run for the PO. However, we were not even close to make it.

You see the highlights and he may look agile and all that. Watching him playing basketball is just painful. I dont like him, never did.

I dunno, he adds passion and energy. Seems to be a great veteran big who manages to get other guys going as well. This is especially important when the team is losing a lot. Guys like Noah can help with both mentoring and preventing developing a losing culture. Depending on plans for the next season, I like keeping him. Noah has been playing pretty good lately, and the rotation of JV+Noah at the center is pretty good.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#6 » by Whole Truth » Fri Mar 1, 2019 12:34 pm

If Memphis can draft a good 2 way wing in this upcoming draft where they have several options to pick from, like Barrett, Cam, Culver, Hunter, Little etc...

They can successfully convey the 2020 pick, if the 2019 pick is a successful one. Your FO needs to keep both Noah & Bradley, at worse, in a slow start, beef up their trade value & deal them at the deadline for pick/assets if the season turns on trying to convey the pick.

As a Raptor fan I've watched a core of Jonas, DeRozan & Lowry consistently win 50 games off a 20 win tank year with Jonas being stashed overseas for the final year of a 2 year tank when Bosh walked to Miami. So since his rookie year, Jonas has never won less then 48 games as the sole constant big man for that Raptors squad over a span of 7 seasons. He's now only entering his prime, still improving aspects of his game. Here, Memphis also have the veteran Noah to compliment, mentor him defensively which solidifies your centre rotation. Sharing, splitting those minutes with quality play also helps keep the big men healthier & playing with more energy in limited minutes.

Jackson is better than anything Raptors have had at PF, up until Pascal this year. Small ball 5.

Brings me to the DeRozan & Lowry allstar backcourt. DeRozan was an excellent scorer but he was a defensive liability. Most of the wings atop this draft have 2 way capability & Conley is comparable to Lowry in terms of running a team.

Bradley is another keeper for your team IMO. 3 & D wing that can create a bit for himself, is more than what Raptors had with Salmons, Carroll, OG until Green this year. He only has to work on improving his 3 pt shooting to completely change the teams dynamic.

The West is a tougher division but a consistent 50 win base in the East should be able to win 35-40 games in the West to successfully convey the 2020 pick.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies