ImageImage

Potential Offseason Moves

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Potential Offseason Moves 

Post#101 » by Whole Truth » Thu May 23, 2019 7:25 am

Suns insider Duane Rankin breaks down the big moves Phoenix could make this summer.

"The Suns are willing to go over the cap, according to league sources, but are Paul or Conley worth doing so? The Suns would win more games with those two, but they’d likely have to part ways with some of their young talent such as TJ Warren or Josh Jackson, as well as the No. 6 overall pick in the draft".

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2019/05/22/phoenix-suns-rumors-lets-talk-mike-conley-chris-paul-anthony-davis/1197592001/

"Conley is a calming presence" article states, he can still score averaging 20 pts, he can defend & play off ball to Booker. He's younger than Paul & less injury prone but brings much needed experience to young roster that has toiled in the lottery.

If Garland is off the board at 6, Suns should absolutely target Conley in attempt to bring a winning player & environment to a young team "with his calming presence", not to mention his near perfect fit next to Booker outside of age providing a secondary ball handler, defender, shooter, playmaker & experienced decision maker to a team desperate to get back into the playoffs.

Who knows over the 2yrs they have Conley they could potentially draft a future PG in either draft, where in this draft with Morant & Garland off the board they'd be most likely looking at a wing at 6 to add to an already glut of wing players.

Suns trade - (Warren, #6, 18m TE) for (Conley)

Suns trade - (Warren, Jackson, #6, 12m TE) for (Conley, Brooks or Bruno)

From there Memphis should look into to flipping at least Warren, give Jackson a look to see if he can turn his game around. His defense & transition game might fit well with JA considering every Memphis starter can shoot from 3 to offset a weakness in Jacksons game..

Draft #6 - Hayes, Fernando, Reddish, Little, Culver, Johnson.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#102 » by SD2042 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:25 am

Whole Truth wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
I was thinking Magic were in the same boat as Philly. They hang their hat on defense & are more effective in transition, while lacking in range, where Fultz would be a hard fit even if he's brought along slowly. For a team in need of a PG, it wasn't a bad gamble for Magic to go after Fultz but your season flipped at the deadline making a solid playoff run going up against a team first round that may currently make the finals. I was also thinking as a result of making the playoffs, they might forego trying to wait him out for immediate help.

Alexander, Langford are mocked in the Magic 16th pick range. They could trade Fultz for Teague, shed long term salary as they have to resign Vuc, get that immediate help & draft Alexander or Langford at 16 to work in as a future replacement so they won't be sacrificing the future of the position in getting immediate help & clearing 8m off the books over the next 3 seasons which helps financially in retaining Vuc..

You're right on the defense and transition angles as the the Magic's bet weapons. What they need are scorers who will not be afraid to score points, but with some efficiency and effort behind their skills sets. To NAW, I profile him as a Shaun Livingston type of player. Can slash to the hole at will, can dish it out to teammates, solid defender, and is athletic by nature. His lack of perimeter shooting and physique are his current issues that raises questions as to whether he can improve on it or not. He'll be a solid role player for a good team.

Langford is a decent athlete who like NAW is a scorer towards the post. His handles and passes needs to be tighter to prevent turnovers. His permeter shooting and decision making needs to be address as his career goes further. If Romeo can improve those issues, he may have a shot to become a better player in the future.

As for whom the Magic can take a chance on @ 16: I'm looking at this SG Luguertz Dort of Arizona State.

[youtube]
[/youtube]

If I were Magic, I'd be looking to dump Fournier for expirings & or shooters, promote Ross to the starting rotation with Gordon & Isaac. Draft a PG like NAW @16 hope that both Gordon & Isaac continues to improve their range. I'd interchange them at SF/PF depending on the defensive matchups. IMO Isaac looks like he might be the better one on one defender with his length but not yet strong enough. Gordon also has the tools & makeup to be a point forward but if he's expelling too much energy defending the apposing teams best player it can lead to fatigue.

I don't really follow the Magic so my take is limited, just my 2 cents.

I like your draft pick though, interesting choice. Maybe your team can flip Fournier in a trade for him to replace Ross off the bench until he develops or passes Ross in production.

I'm thinking Fournier will be traded in the offseason. I know his value is not the highest so he's not what I call a hot commodity. It's possible a trade will happen. I just hope it doesn't take this year's draft choice for it to happen.. With both Gordon and Isaac, they both are PFs by nature. JI can get away with it moreso than Gordon can due to Gordon's inconsistency on the perimeter. Gordon has done a good job continuingto improve his skills set as he progresses. With JI, he just completed his second season with the squad and has shown some improvements in his mid-range and some of his defense. He will need to shown more improvements in his strength and game overall. If he continues to show these improvements as time goes along, at that point, I thinking that will eventually move on from Aaron Gordon. That's like to take place between the 2020 trade deadline or the summer offseason of next year. At that point, JI should move to PF full time.

Whole Truth wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
The rumors surrounding Nets that I've read are that they are looking to trade for Davis to attract Irving as a free agent. IMO that's a doubtful scenario & I think it's the only way they will potentially add a FA of significance so I agree it will be worth it for them to spend that cap on Porter, who they coveted last year. I also read a report this morning that Durant is likely to remain with GS which might mean Irving is LA bound with Davis... as several other reports suggest that Griffin likes the LA assets, so with the rumor of KD possibly staying. Adding up to those collective rumors. Looks like the Knicks might lose more than the Draft & the Nets are doubtful to make use of their 2 max slots.

Nets trade - (Crabb, #17, 8m TE) receive (Otto Porter)

Bulls trade - (Otto Porter, Dunn, #7) receive (Conley, #17, 8m TE)

Memphis trade - (Conley) receive (Crabb, Dunn, #7)

AD23 to the Nets makes for an interesting angle. The Nets are one of the attrractive teams heading into the summer of 2019 free agency. Another team I have AD23 going to if the whole Knicks/Lakers angle fails is Denver. At least with the Nuggets, AD23 gets to play second in command on a roster going into it's prime and can help the Nuggets become a more serious contender heading into the future.

As for KD, I still refute the reports he's staying with the Warriors. Financially it's impossible to sign both KD and KT to their deals and manage to keep a bench in tact. It's not possible to this scenario happening. IMO is will be KD's last run with the Warriors. It's been a great run. KD will go somewhere else not name the Knicks. I can see the Nets and Clippers getting on the KD sweepstakes. This summer will be a long one for both Knicks and Lakers franchises.

What can Denver offer without gutting their young roster that almost reached the ECF?. Depending on what NO's is asking for I don't think Denver should mess too much with the success they just had. I know if were NO's, I'm asking Denver for Murray to pair with Zion. Think they'll still be interested in Davis if NOs were to ask for Murray as the main piece in trade?.

It's possible you're right & he may leave despite the counter rumors of their Owner saying he's condifedent to retain both FA's. GS could look to buy or trade for additional 2nd round pick/s to help fill out the roster cheaply in combination with their late first. They don't have much of a bench as is & have been running Durant with the bench unit. A few meh 2nd rounders with Durant as a primary option off the bench is better than a group of quality role players. Personally, I don't see any issue outside of Durant wanting to leave.

With Denver, I can see Plumlee and perhaps Gary Harris and a future pick around 2021 protected first as a possibility. I'm not so sure if Denver may be willing to give up Murray too quick. If I'm NOP, I would consider Murray to your point. If I'm NOP though, I would get the best deal for AD23 to help kick off the rebuild around Zion for the future. So far, based on the current rosters of the NBA. Boston, NYK, Denver, and maybe the Lakeshow(doubtful due to potential tampering) have the better assets and cap space to take on AD23.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#103 » by Whole Truth » Fri May 24, 2019 11:19 am

SD2042 wrote:
I'm thinking Fournier will be traded in the offseason. I know his value is not the highest so he's not what I call a hot commodity. It's possible a trade will happen. I just hope it doesn't take this year's draft choice for it to happen.. With both Gordon and Isaac, they both are PFs by nature. JI can get away with it moreso than Gordon can due to Gordon's inconsistency on the perimeter. Gordon has done a good job continuingto improve his skills set as he progresses. With JI, he just completed his second season with the squad and has shown some improvements in his mid-range and some of his defense. He will need to shown more improvements in his strength and game overall. If he continues to show these improvements as time goes along, at that point, I thinking that will eventually move on from Aaron Gordon. That's like to take place between the 2020 trade deadline or the summer offseason of next year. At that point, JI should move to PF full time.

With Denver, I can see Plumlee and perhaps Gary Harris and a future pick around 2021 protected first as a possibility. I'm not so sure if Denver may be willing to give up Murray too quick. If I'm NOP, I would consider Murray to your point. If I'm NOP though, I would get the best deal for AD23 to help kick off the rebuild around Zion for the future. So far, based on the current rosters of the NBA. Boston, NYK, Denver, and maybe the Lakeshow(doubtful due to potential tampering) have the better assets and cap space to take on AD23.

Harris & Plumlee is value I've seen attached to a Conley trade. Can't see them getting away with not having to give up one of Jokic or Murray in return for Davis. Denver is a young team that was one game from the WCF's, personally I wouldn't mess with where their team core is trending. Their future pick will be late first at best for years, especially if they land Davis to pair with Jokic & Murray in your suggested offer. Personally I don't see a feeasable trade with Devner where both sides benefit. I'm one of the few fans that believe in fair trade, most want to fleece teams or win trades. For me a successful trade is where all parties get what they want & or need. If one party is constantly fleecing, it's less likely for future business & or mutual respect. A team will be more likely to deal in good faith, so it's important to set a president.

Concerning your take on Gordon. That is where his trade speculation originated, in the belief Isaac will be his eventual replacement.

What do you think about this offer?

- Memphis trade - (Conley, Anderson) for (Gordon, Mozgov, #16)
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#104 » by Whole Truth » Fri May 24, 2019 11:25 am

Recently there were rumors of OKC breaking up their roster.

UNTOUCHABLE
@KingJamesSzn

So Russell Westbrook, Anthony Davis, LeBron James & Rich Paul had dinner last night in Malibu

photos cred via: @tashcoug
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#105 » by Whole Truth » Fri May 24, 2019 11:51 am

Paul is 2yrs older than Conley, he's injury prone & is owed 38m, 8m more …

Here's suggested trade rumors surrounding his potential availability linked to some of Memphis Conley potential targets.

TRADE 1
Lakers get: PG Chris Paul
Rockets get: F Brandon Ingram, G Josh Hart, C Mo Wagner

TRADE 2
Heat get: PG Chris Paul
Rockets get: G/F Josh Richardson, PG Goran Dragic, C Kelly Olynyk

TRADE 4
Knicks get: PG Chris Paul
Rockets get: F Lance Thomas, PG Dennis Smith, G Allonzo Trier, No. 3 overall pick

TRADE 6
Suns get: PG Chris Paul
Rockets get: F T.J. Warren, F Josh Jackson, G Tyler Johnson, No. 6 overall pick

TRADE 8
Jazz get: PG Chris Paul
Rockets get: F Derrick Favors, F Joe Ingles, PG Dante Exum

https://www.nj.com/sports/2019/05/nba-rumors-would-rockets-trade-chris-paul-after-dust-up-with-james-harden-8-trade-ideas-lakers-knicks-heat.html

For me the consistency in estimated valued in these trades are all over the place. Ingram & Hart for Paul is Pricey even with Ingrams clot issues. They have Knicks giving up RJ. Heat a bunch of role players.

I think it's possible if Knicks land Durant they may trade their pick for an allstar level win now PG if they miss out on Davis & likewise for #4 Lakers, Lebron if they miss out but it would have to be a perfect storm of desperation to pair either superstar with a win now roster ...

I think the Suns trade is the most viable, sensible, if they miss out on Ja & Garland. At #6 they will most likely be looking at another wing in that draft range to add to their glut of wings if both PG options are off when they select. Memphis could send back a young player like Brooks or Bruno to compensate a difference in value if needed.

Memphis trade - (Conley, (Holiday, Brooks or Bruno)) to Suns for (Warren, Jackson, #6)
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#106 » by VCfor3 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:01 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Paul is 2yrs older than Conley, he's injury prone & is owed 38m, 8m more …

Here's suggested trade rumors surrounding his potential availability linked to some of Memphis Conley potential targets.

TRADE 1

TRADE 2

TRADE 4
Rockets get: F Lance Thomas, PG Dennis Smith, G Allonzo Trier, No. 3 overall pick

TRADE 6

TRADE 8

https://www.nj.com/sports/2019/05/nba-rumors-would-rockets-trade-chris-paul-after-dust-up-with-james-harden-8-trade-ideas-lakers-knicks-heat.html

For me the consistency in estimated valued in these trades are all over the place. Ingram & Hart for Paul is Pricey even with Ingrams clot issues. They have Knicks giving up RJ. Heat a bunch of role players.

I think it's possible if Knicks land Durant they may trade their pick for an allstar level win now PG if they miss out on Davis & likewise for #4 Lakers, Lebron if they miss out but it would have to be a perfect storm of desperation to pair either superstar with a win now roster ...

I think the Suns trade is the most viable, sensible, if they miss out on Ja & Garland. At #6 they will most likely be looking at another wing in that draft range to add to their glut of wings if both PG options are off when they select. Memphis could send back a young player like Brooks or Bruno to compensate a difference in value if needed.

Memphis trade - (Conley, (Holiday, Brooks or Bruno)) to Suns for (Warren, Jackson, #6)

I don't think any of those teams trade for Paul with the proposed deals. His contract is about to be absolutely brutal. He definitely isn't getting #3. The Utah trade is the only one even mildly close.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#107 » by SD2042 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:37 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

Harris & Plumlee is value I've seen attached to a Conley trade. Can't see them getting away with not having to give up one of Jokic or Murray in return for Davis. Denver is a young team that was one game from the WCF's, personally I wouldn't mess with where their team core is trending. Their future pick will be late first at best for years, especially if they land Davis to pair with Jokic & Murray in your suggested offer. Personally I don't see a feeasable trade with Devner where both sides benefit. I'm one of the few fans that believe in fair trade, most want to fleece teams or win trades. For me a successful trade is where all parties get what they want & or need. If one party is constantly fleecing, it's less likely for future business & or mutual respect. A team will be more likely to deal in good faith, so it's important to set a president.

Concerning your take on Gordon. That is where his trade speculation originated, in the belief Isaac will be his eventual replacement.

What do you think about this offer?

- Memphis trade - (Conley, Anderson) for (Gordon, Mozgov, #16)

Gordon would be an interesting player next to 3J. Both are athletic, dangerous in transition, weak side defenders. I will saay that 3J is the better perimeter player than AG is although it's not by miles. My concern however comes down to where 3J is right now physically, I wonder will his body be able to handle the demands of playing the center position in certain matchups. There are instances where he has found himself getting pushed out by stronger players in the post. He has been able to make it up based on his smarts and instincts. Although I'm intrigue by a potential tandum these two could bring. 3J's physically makes me wonder if he's better suited for the PF position rather than placing him at the center position for the seeable future.

As for Denver being a candidate, their name was mentioned after the trade deadline as a potential team for AD23 to hit up. AD needs to be around a solid cast of players that can take some of the pressure off of him as far as injuries are concern. It's also possible Denver could come up with someone else entirely and don't even covet AD23.

As for deals, you have a point that when a deal needs to be made that both sides benefit from it. Otherwise, if the deal can't be reached, then keep it moving.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#108 » by SD2042 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:27 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Recently there were rumors of OKC breaking up their roster.

UNTOUCHABLE
@KingJamesSzn

So Russell Westbrook, Anthony Davis, LeBron James & Rich Paul had dinner last night in Malibu

RW to the Lakers makes for some drama in the summer. With OKC's season finished in a downward spiral and falling way short of the playoffs, they have some decisions to be made. If RW is moved in the off-season, loo for PG13 to change addresses as well.

This also brings me to another point about the list of potential teams on the verge of needing to hit the reset button.

OKC
SAS
CHAR
NOP
WAS
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#109 » by SD2042 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:34 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Paul is 2yrs older than Conley, he's injury prone & is owed 38m, 8m more …

TRADE 1

TRADE 2

TRADE 4

TRADE 6

TRADE 8

CP3's contract is a dangerous one to move. He just turned 34 and getting older. I like CP3's game as much as the next person. However, his injuries and age is now turning things on it's head now for him and the Rockets. Teams have to be careful shelling out max deals to superstars on the wrong side of say 32 plus years old. Break downs of the human body happens plus the salary cap will now just into your enemy as the team like the Rockets will not be able to sign free agents as cleanly as they can without the major restrictions.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#110 » by Whole Truth » Mon May 27, 2019 7:07 pm

SD2042 wrote:

UNTOUCHABLE
@KingJamesSzn

RW to the Lakers makes for some drama in the summer. With OKC's season finished in a downward spiral and falling way short of the playoffs, they have some decisions to be made. If RW is moved in the off-season, loo for PG13 to change addresses as well.

This also brings me to another point about the list of potential teams on the verge of needing to hit the reset button.

OKC
SAS
CHAR
NOP
WAS

I don't know how LA plans to land both Davis & Wall in trade, that will be interesting. Assuming Ingram & the 4th go for Davis, would Ball for Westbrook fly? I doubt it. Is NO's good with Ingram, Ball without the 4th?. Would OKC like the value fact that a Ball or 4th for Westbrook swap dumps 80m over 2 seasons?. Does LA have future assets to offer?. As of now I don't see the logistics of both landing in LA via trade & think it might be James covering his bases if he loses out on Davis & or a FA PG.

It'd be hard to predict where Paul would land, think it's ironic that Westbrook was in this meeting when Paul resigned with OKC to play with Westbrook over choosing LA.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#111 » by SD2042 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:29 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

UNTOUCHABLE
@KingJamesSzn

OKC
SAS
CHAR
NOP
WAS

I don't know how LA plans to land both Davis & Wall in trade, that will be interesting. Assuming Ingram & the 4th go for Davis, would Ball for Westbrook fly? I doubt it. Is NO's good with Ingram, Ball without the 4th?. Would OKC like the value fact that a Ball or 4th for Westbrook swap dumps 80m over 2 seasons?. Does LA have future assets to offer?. As of now I don't see the logistics of both landing in LA via trade & think it might be James covering his bases if he loses out on Davis & or a FA PG.

It'd be hard to predict where Paul would land, think it's ironic that Westbrook was in this meeting when Paul resigned with OKC to play with Westbrook over choosing LA.

With L.A. right now, I'm having a hard time seeing where they can get this super team together to play for Hollywood James final run for the next three years. We know they have the cap space to go after two max players. They are looking to trade away the 4th overall pick. They will also look to trade away the younger talent on the roster to get this "superteam" for Hollywood James. Will they get what they want? I can't say. I will say though I would be leery about playing for the Lakers who's front office is under complete scrutiny post the Magic Johnson separation and the questionable decisions of the Buss children and multiple inputs by the Rambis duo. It's a lot of tangled webs in the front office. I would take all these pros and cons under consideration if I were a FA looking at the Lakers organization.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#112 » by Whole Truth » Mon May 27, 2019 8:27 pm

SD2042 wrote:Gordon would be an interesting player next to 3J. Both are athletic, dangerous in transition, weak side defenders. I will saay that 3J is the better perimeter player than AG is although it's not by miles. My concern however comes down to where 3J is right now physically, I wonder will his body be able to handle the demands of playing the center position in certain matchups. There are instances where he has found himself getting pushed out by stronger players in the post. He has been able to make it up based on his smarts and instincts. Although I'm intrigue by a potential tandum these two could bring. 3J's physically makes me wonder if he's better suited for the PF position rather than placing him at the center position for the seeable future.

As for Denver being a candidate, their name was mentioned after the trade deadline as a potential team for AD23 to hit up. AD needs to be around a solid cast of players that can take some of the pressure off of him as far as injuries are concern. It's also possible Denver could come up with someone else entirely and don't even covet AD23.

As for deals, you have a point that when a deal needs to be made that both sides benefit from it. Otherwise, if the deal can't be reached, then keep it moving.

I don't want to pin 3J down as a future C, he's a versatile defensive stretch big that I want Memphis to compliment in a big rotation with Jonas or in a small rotation with Gordon. This allows Memphis to have options in their style & pace of play. Same reasoning behind the best small ball team in the league picking up Cousins to counter teams capable of playing big against them.

In a big lineup I have Gordon at SF as a point forward & secondary playmaker, not a primary offensive option. At 23, he's still improving from range. Agree with you that in a small ball lineup with JA pushing the pace Memphis would be effective with 3J & Gordon at PF/C that's the appeal of the potential versatility. Teams however will try to get them to play in the half court, slower pace. This is where Jonas comes into play. Teams have historically played small to force Jonas off the court defensively, which would put teams into a pick your poison scenario with Memphis strength as a team. Jonas being very efficient in that setting.

With the 16th pick, I'd have Keldon Johnson lined up. A SG/SF who shot 38% from 3 while being characterized as inconsistent. His floor is a 3 & D wing that does the dirty work on both ends, those intangibles are winning plays that don't get hyped when talking about a players value. That being his floor combined with his offensive potential to be a shot creator with development. Love the fact that he's potentially available at 16, I'd take him a lot higher. (Conley, Anderson) for (Gordon, Johnson)

Jonas - Efficient post threat (5) defensively
3J - versatile defensive stretch big PF/C (1-5) defensively
Gordon - versatile defensive point forward SF/PF (1-4) defensively
#16 Keldon Johnson - 3&D floor SG/SF (1-4) defensively
Ja - Athletic playmaking guard (1) defensively

This team has 2 efficient bigs that can pnr or pop with Ja's playmaking ability surrounded by defensive versatility & floor spacers. As well as the versatility to move 3J to C if teams go small against Jonas.

Small ball - 3J / Gordon / Johnson / Holiday / Ja - (Delon over Holiday for a secondary ball handler)

Where do you think the Magic would be if Isaac was more consistent from 3 & you had Ja's potential at point?. Your answer is what I think this team is with the ceiling of 3J & Ja yet unknown as well as not knowing if KJ can develop offensively into a shot creator estimating that he'll be atleast 3 & D.

I'm not certain but I also don't think Magic have the versatility to run Isaac at C to play Gordon at PF the way Memphis can pair Gordon with 3J? I have Isaac down as a SF/PF from what I've seen along the lines of Pascal.
Mtowngrizz
Freshman
And1: 76

Post#113 » by Mtowngrizz » Mon May 27, 2019 10:55 pm

Once Kyrie leaves Boston and they get nothing in return they will be looking for a veteran PG with playoff experience. They know that AD will not resign with them because Kyrie is gone so they won't trade any of their assets to get Davis. Hayward, #12 for Conley.
Ja Morant
Gordon Hayward
Kyle Anderson
Jaren Jackson Jr.
JV
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 944

Post#114 » by tleikheen » Mon May 27, 2019 11:21 pm

Utah is still very interested in Conley as the missing piece to rectify their playoff failures. In the latest Bleacher Report trades..... PG ) Mike Conley (31 y o) and SF) Kyle Anderson (25 y o) .....for..... C/PF 6'10" Derrick Favors (27 y o) and PG ) 6'6" Dante Exum (23 y o) and SG ) 6'5" Grayson Allen (23 y o) and 1st round pick (#23)

No doubt this would benefit both teams...…. Conley moves in as PG for Utah where you have a coach who likes older players to pair with Donovan Mitchell. Anderson is a Utah type player ,smart and plays winning basketball and would be a rotation player right away.

Utah management does not want to give up Dante Exum who has gone through injury after injury but retains super speed and athleticism and Utah thinks the minute they give him up he blows up for the next team. Derrick Favors would look really good next to JJJ and Jonas Valanciunas as he can play both C and PF.

Grayson Allen is a sweet shooter from 3 pt range and very athletic.

Getting Exum might make SG ) RJ Barrett a better choice at the 2nd pick and having a tall athletic backcourt. Ja Morant would be a good pick but Exum would make Memphis competitive right now .

C) 7'0" Valanciunas (27 y o) / 6'10" Favors (27 y o)
PF) 6'11" Jaren Jackson Jr (20y o) / (6'10"y o) Favors
SF) 6'9" Bruno Caboclo (23 y o)
SG) 6'7" RJ Barrett ????, 6'5" Grayson Allen ,
PG) 6 '6" Exum or 6'3" Ja Morant ?????? and Exum and Morant share PG duties
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#115 » by Whole Truth » Tue May 28, 2019 12:26 am

Mtowngrizz wrote:Once Kyrie leaves Boston and they get nothing in return they will be looking for a veteran PG with playoff experience. They know that AD will not resign with them because Kyrie is gone so they won't trade any of their assets to get Davis. Hayward, #12 for Conley.
Ja Morant
Gordon Hayward
Kyle Anderson
Jaren Jackson Jr.
JV

NY is rumored to be considering Culver over RJ @ 3. Atlanta Hawks who have picks 8 & 10 covet Culver who's not expected to fall to where they select at 8, they're trying hard to emulate the backcourt of Curry & Clay with Trey & Culver. Knicks appear to be planning on trading down for multiple assets. In passing on RJ, they are basically helping LA get the upper hand in landing Davis, which would indicate Boston has the current inside track in trade, so why would NY help LA by passing on RJ for Culver?.

Boston needs a Davis trade to help convince Irving to remain. In passing on RJ & trading Culver to Hawks for picks 8 & 10. Knicks could theoretically draft Hayes at 8, Reddish at 10, while forcing Boston's hand with Kyrie, helping them target him as a FA. That scenario is an effective haul over selecting RJ & having Boston win out on Davis to help then retain Irving who Knicks covet in FA. Just my 2 cents.

Cavs have interest in Hayward, rumored to be offering JR's 15m, 4m guaranteed contract for him. If Memphis flip Hayward to Cavs, they could shed around 12m in salary. In combination with buying out Bradley, 24m roughly. So the other piece they can request is Clackson to replace buying out Bradley.

Boston owns picks 14, 20, 22

(Hayward, #14 Keldon Johnson) for (Conley) flip (Hayward) to Cavs for (Smith, Clarkson)

Buyout Smith 4m, Bradley 3m (25m roughly saved).

Trade is in essence (Conley) for (#14 Keldon Johnson SG/SF, Clarckson 6th man to replace buying out Bradley, 25m cap)
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#116 » by Whole Truth » Tue May 28, 2019 12:43 am

Steve Kyler

@stevekylerNBA

I was told after the Combine that Thybulle's promise if from the Celtics...

He's projected to go between 20-25 on Draft net.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#117 » by Whole Truth » Wed May 29, 2019 7:14 am

FOX Sports Radio

@FoxSportsRadio

@RicBucher: "It's between the Lakers & Nets for Kyrie Irving...

––Kobe has been recruiting Kyrie to the Lakers, but I expect Kyrie to go to BROOKLYN. He just bought a place in South Orange, NJ."

Kyrie landing in NJ should help Boost Conley''s market value.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#118 » by VCfor3 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Whole Truth wrote:FOX Sports Radio

@FoxSportsRadio

––Kobe has been recruiting Kyrie to the Lakers, but I expect Kyrie to go to BROOKLYN. He just bought a place in South Orange, NJ."

Agreed. Someone will get Kemba then a few teams will start talking themselves into making an offer for Conley.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#119 » by Whole Truth » Wed May 29, 2019 3:02 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:FOX Sports Radio

@FoxSportsRadio

Agreed. Someone will get Kemba then a few teams will start talking themselves into making an offer for Conley.

With Kyrie & Kemba out of play for 2 of the 4 teams trying to compete now, that have draft assets, Conley is the clear next best option for a team trying to compete for the next 2-3yrs. I think Memphis will end up leveraging LA & Boston, with Kyrie in NJ & Kemba in NY. At the very least, Boston don't have the leverage of cap space to replace losing Kyrie.

I think Knicks interest in Culver over RJ is telling. At first I was thinking with Atlanta coveting Culver, Knicks might be considering trading down for 8 & 10 but I'm starting to think they want Culver as a 3&D SG next to KD, Kemba or Kyrie, which is a close replica to GS's backcourt for a team that is linked to Durant. Culver's game is more complimentary to landing 2 FA's like KD & Kemba or Kyrie over the upside of RJ, who's ball dominant & not a good floor spacer.

With the rumors leaked so far, I have Knicks missing out on trading for Davis of the teams in play for him. If Kyrie ends up in NJ, Knicks sign Walker to pair with Durant & draft Culver to compliment his game.

Knicks passing on RJ for Culver give a boost to LA's offer for Davis, which hurts Boston who currently have the edge. I think if LA miss out on Davis, Beal is a real possibility. Washington, in not being able to move Wall's contract, could love the fact they can land RJ plus & trade Beal's salary into LA's cap space. Multiple assets, salary relief from LA, their own #7 pick, Washington could do well trading Beal to LA, where they know Beal, Wall don't pair well in Washington & they can't move Wall.

Assuming Boston go all in on Davis & LA trade Ingram or #4 for Beal, both teams with Irving in NJ & Kemba in NY will be vying for the next best option at PG, Conley over targets like Rubio or Rozier because you don't go all in to skimp & fall short.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#120 » by Whole Truth » Wed May 29, 2019 5:54 pm

I see some Memphis fans are still behind the idea of dumping Jonas for a clean rebuild. These people have no clue what building is, it's progression & losing potential assets, is not progression. They want to take a step back to move forward but don't realize a move forward after stepping back, is not guaranteed, that's not progression, that's hope, therefore not building. Jonas is 27, improving & entering his prime. He's at the very least, an asset, as I'm about to prove.

One person claimed it comical that Jonas could average 20pts for Memphis. Let me illustrate the joke.

Gasol with Memphis, 34 mins, 22.3 usage rate

15.7 pts / 7.5 rbs - (13.4 FGA) 44 FG% / 34 3pt% / 75 FT% / 54 TS% - (106 Ortg / 106 Drtg)

Jonas with Memphis, 27.7 mins, 31.4 usage rate

19.9 pts / 10.7 rbs - (14.7 FGA) 54 FG% / 27 3pt% / 76 FT% / 60 TS% - (109 Ortg / 105 Drtg)

With one more shot attempt per game than Gasol & higher dependability rate with half your team sitting, Jonas averaged 19.9 pts in under 30mins for Memphis with better efficiency than Gasol even though (Jackson, Anderson, Brooks & sometimes Conley) were sitting post trade. He averaged 13 & 9 for the Raptors on 8 shot attempts per game, with 98% of his playing time coming against starters & people think it's a joke that he could average 20pts for Memphis next season if given more touches & mins in a rebuild, lol. Now to further prove the point, lets take a look at Gasol in Jonas role with the Raptors.

Gasol with Raptors, 25 mins, 12.6% usage rate

9.1 pts / 5.7 rbs - (7.2 FGA) 46 FG% / 44% 3pt% / 56 TS% - (116 Ortg / 104 Drtg)

Jonas with Raptors, 19 mins, 25% usage rate

12.8 pts / 7.2 rbs - (8.6 FGA) 57 FG% / 30 3pt% / 80 FT% / 64 TS% - (121 Ortg / 103 Drtg)

Kawhi has been carrying the Raptors starters offensively, Gasol's lower usage rate should have led to higher efficiency but it hasn't. He's a career 35% from 3, in Toronto he's shooting 44% from 3, well above his average because the majority of his attempts are unguarded, wide open looks, thanks to the attention Kawhi is drawing. He's rebounding 2 less boards with 6 additional minutes, where in a similar 27 mins, Jonas averaged 10.7 rbs for Memphis. Gasol if not for his wide open 3pt shooting, is averaging 18% in the post despite teams playing forwards & switching guards onto him without fear of being post up. Raptors are a poor rebounding team that preferred Jonas play inside but he's been a capable 3 pt shooter since his rookie season. Averaged 40% on 74 attempts last year, when finally asked of him. It's a viable, undeveloped aspect of his game that Memphis can explore in a rebuild. Jonas didn't get much opportunity to play with Kawhi due to Pascal's promotion. Nurse increased his usage off the bench to help carry a struggling bench unit offensively, where he maintained his efficiency.

People will argue the defensive aspect of Jonas game. Gasol has been worse guarding in space than Jonas, he's been at his best in the post, not getting backed down. Any time teams got Gasol moving it resulted in wide open opportunity, hit or miss. Raptors clogged the paint & sent double teams on Vuc & Embiid against 2 poor shooting teams, which aided. After game 2 against the Bucks, where they were down 0-2, on the back of poor performances from Gasol on both ends, Nurse realized they can sag on Giannis to clog the paint, prevent the drive & dish, resulting in Giannis having to take & make 3's in the closing 2 games. Raptors also got fortunate that both Norm & FVV stepped up their shooting game not unlike when they beat the Bucks under the same circumstances the last time they met in the playoffs. Exception being, Kawhi is far better than DeRozan on both ends.

Memphis have a player who's still growing defensively, now hitting his prime, that could blow up his value & people are not interested in retention, lol, now that's comical.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies