Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Marko Guduric 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Not sure if it is a summer camp signing or full contract or what, but supposedly we have a deal with this guy. I know nothing about him but maybe someone else (jman?) does.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,783

Re: Marko Guduric 

Post#2 » by UcanUwill » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:50 pm

He is 6'6 point guard - shooting guard with very reliable off the dribble and step back 3 point range. I am not the most familiar with him either, he was overshadowed by bigger stars on his team, before the few months I just thought of him as redshirt backup, but I watched Euroleague play offs and he really impressed me. His shooting is legit, good handle, probably a back up point guard and spot up shooter when with Ja on court.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:53 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not sure if it is a summer camp signing or full contract or what, but supposedly we have a deal with this guy. I know nothing about him but maybe someone else (jman?) does.

Check the Memphis general board, they have a video & some comments from Europeans that have watched him play.

He looks solid but most highlight reels make a player look good. Seemed to have good instincts & court awareness while shooting roughly 50% on a 100 3's taken. Looked like he had a decent handle as well in traffic.
oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#4 » by oligo » Sat Jan 4, 2020 11:28 pm

Recently, Marko Guduric has fallen off a rotation.
Do you guys see any future for this guy on the Grizzlies team? Including a potential long-term fit?
He signed a 3yr contract with the Grizz.

IMO, his skillset looks just so basic to me. Given his age and experience, he shouldn't be your typical rookie anymore, so it's a question of how much he can improve his game. Maybe I am wrong and I'm giving up too early on that guy, but I just don't see a fit.

I would appreciate your thoughts.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jan 4, 2020 11:48 pm

oligo wrote:Recently, Marko Guduric has fallen off a rotation.
Do you guys see any future for this guy on the Grizzlies team? Including a potential long-term fit?
He signed a 3yr contract with the Grizz.

IMO, his skillset looks just so basic to me. Given his age and experience, he shouldn't be your typical rookie anymore, so it's a question of how much he can improve his game. Maybe I am wrong and I'm giving up too early on that guy, but I just don't see a fit.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

The reason he got signed was his 3pt shooting. We hoped he was going to be our sharp-shooting 2/3 that Morant would feed open looks to. Unfortunately it seems that didn't really translate so he has been meh and thus has fallen out of the rotation. I don't think he'll have a future with Memphis either short term or long term. Luckily it is just a two year deal that we can ride out if necessary.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies