ImageImage

What to do in Memphis/Nashville?

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

What to do in Memphis/Nashville? 

Post#1 » by theman » Wed Aug 7, 2019 11:01 am

I'm going to be driving through the great state of Tennessee next week and will have an hour or so to kill when in Memphis. What should I see or do? Also recommend a BBQ place.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: What to do in Memphis/Nashville? 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 3:12 am

theman wrote:I'm going to be driving through the great state of Tennessee next week and will have an hour or so to kill when in Memphis. What should I see or do? Also recommend a BBQ place.

Commissary or Central are pretty decent BBQ. You can check out the Bass Pro Pyramid if you have any other time to kill. I've not been back in a while so can't think of much else for a quick stop. Beale may have live music but it depends on when you are stopping.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Re: What to do in Memphis/Nashville? 

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:39 pm

theman wrote:I'm going to be driving through the great state of Tennessee next week and will have an hour or so to kill when in Memphis. What should I see or do? Also recommend a BBQ place.

Super late from when you asked, but if you had more than an hour, The Loraine Motel/National Civil Rights Museum is a sobering, but wonderful museum to spend a day at. Central BBQ is across the street and well worth a visit, too. Sun and Stax Records are cool, too. Beale Street is a standard, too.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies