Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Morant "Week-to-Week" With Back Spasms 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 12:27 am

Read on Twitter

I think some of it is just us being cautious, but still not a good sign that it is "week-to-week" instead of "day-to-day"
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Morant "Week-to-Week" With Back Spasms 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Wed Dec 4, 2019 5:36 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think some of it is just us being cautious, but still not a good sign that it is "week-to-week" instead of "day-to-day"

It's not a good sign. I hope he recovers in the meantime. Season wise, it's not like we have something to play for right now. It means more time for other guys, regardless of some of the inconsistencies we continue to see on the floor.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Thu Dec 5, 2019 1:15 am

I think him playing enough to win Rookie of the Year is kinda important as long as it is medically ok. It is an opportunity to start selling potential free agents on what we are building. If JJJ can get things rolling you can have a stud versatile big in JJJ, a hyper-efficient glue guy in Clarke, and a ROY point guard who is only getting better in Ja as a pitch that others will take notice of when the awards are announced. Add in a potential top 6 pick this draft along with Brooks, Melton/Tyus, and Josh Jackson if they stick around and you got a promising future team that may be only one or two pieces away.

I think it also is something important to Ja and something that can help keep fueling his fire if he feels he has to live up to the heavy expectations that come with ROY.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Thu Dec 5, 2019 10:16 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I think him playing enough to win Rookie of the Year is kinda important as long as it is medically ok. It is an opportunity to start selling potential free agents on what we are building. If JJJ can get things rolling you can have a stud versatile big in JJJ, a hyper-efficient glue guy in Clarke, and a ROY point guard who is only getting better in Ja as a pitch that others will take notice of when the awards are announced. Add in a potential top 6 pick this draft along with Brooks, Melton/Tyus, and Josh Jackson if they stick around and you got a promising future team that may be only one or two pieces away.

I think it also is something important to Ja and something that can help keep fueling his fire if he feels he has to live up to the heavy expectations that come with ROY.

I believe getting ROY is definitely important to Ja. He's making his case thus far this year with what he has been doing so far. I just want the guy to be healthy in doing so. I believe that the Grizzlies continue to show they are serious in rebuilding their talent from the bottom to the top, they like the Mavericks may make their contender status known within the next couple of years.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies