Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 1,696

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#241 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:58 pm

NYG wrote:Would you add a protected pick to LaMarcus Aldridge for Kyle Anderson and Gorgui Dieng?

SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:?

It would have to be very protected. Between JV (who our team really likes), JJJ, and Clarke we have most of our PF/C minutes covered. We know that our window to contend isn't now so even though LA is a sizeable upgrade over Dieng I'm not sure how much we'd be willing to give to make it happen. It would stealthily clear more 2021 cap for us though which may be the biggest selling point to our FO.

The most I see us maybe giving is a 2021 1st Top 20 protected and then turns into 2nds. Basically if LA pushes us over the edge enough to finish top10 then they get the pick and if he doesn't then we send two 2nds instead. I'm not sure if SAS goes for that. Feels like they'd have a better option even if it isn't significantly better. Memphis though likes JV's rebounding next to JJJ and Dieng is a solid backup plus LA taking a backseat to young guys or heck maybe even coming off the bench at times could potentially cause locker room problems if he gets upset.
psman2
Starter
And1: 969

Post#242 » by psman2 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:49 am

VCfor3 wrote:
NYG wrote:Would you add a protected pick to LaMarcus Aldridge for Kyle Anderson and Gorgui Dieng?

SD2042 wrote:

It would have to be very protected. Between JV (who our team really likes), JJJ, and Clarke we have most of our PF/C minutes covered. We know that our window to contend isn't now so even though LA is a sizeable upgrade over Dieng I'm not sure how much we'd be willing to give to make it happen. It would stealthily clear more 2021 cap for us though which may be the biggest selling point to our FO.

The most I see us maybe giving is a 2021 1st Top 20 protected and then turns into 2nds. Basically if LA pushes us over the edge enough to finish top10 then they get the pick and if he doesn't then we send two 2nds instead. I'm not sure if SAS goes for that. Feels like they'd have a better option even if it isn't significantly better. Memphis though likes JV's rebounding next to JJJ and Dieng is a solid backup plus LA taking a backseat to young guys or heck maybe even coming off the bench at times could potentially cause locker room problems if he gets upset.

I think LMA could still really help a contender that needs some front court help. I just don't think that is us unless we are moving off of Val as well. I just don't see the minutes/need to entertain even a top 20 pick.

Maybe if we move Val into GS's TPE then a trade like this makes sense since it clears up Val/Anderson salary in 21.
NYG
Head Coach
And1: 981

Post#243 » by NYG » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:39 pm

psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

I think LMA could still really help a contender that needs some front court help. I just don't think that is us unless we are moving off of Val as well. I just don't see the minutes/need to entertain even a top 20 pick.

Maybe if we move Val into GS's TPE then a trade like this makes sense since it clears up Val/Anderson salary in 21.

What is Memphis’ biggest need?
Black Lives Matter
psman2
Starter
And1: 969

Post#244 » by psman2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:07 am

NYG wrote:
psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

What is Memphis’ biggest need?

A SG that has passable defense and still knock down open threes. A guard that takes the harder defensive assignment away from Morant. JRich type versus just a shooter like Hield. Move Brooks in the trade or into a sixth man role.

I think we likely just see what we have for another year, especially if we bring my Melton and Josh Jackson, before making a splash trade. We should have cap space to make some noise in FA in 21 depending upon what happens to the cap and how much we get our own guys resigned for.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies