https://youtu.be/lmJzk0JP2m4

Baby Sprewell

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Around the NBA News and Notes 

Post#43 » by Whole Truth » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:41 pm

SD2042 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256867/Blazers-Trade-Kent-Bazemore-Anthony-Tolliver-To-Kings-For-Trevor-Ariza-Wenyen-Gabriel-Caleb-Swanigan

Portland salaries w/ Baze+Tolliver $145.2 mil + $22.75 mil luxury tax penalty=$167.95 mil bill at the end of the season

Salaries w/Ariza+Swanigan+Gabriel $140 mil + $11.7 mil luxury tax penalty=$151.7 mil bill

$16.3 mil savings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd bet Portland would like to drop the rest of that 11.7m tax & decrease the tax penalty further. They're currently sitting 11th in the 2020 draft.

Memphis trade - (Iggy 17m, Crowder 7.8m, cash considerations) for (Whiteside 27m, Portland 2020 unprotected)

LA trade - (Cousins 3.5m, Kuzma 2m) for (Crowder 7.8m)

Portland trade - (Whiteside 27m, 2020 FRP) for (Iggy 17m, Kuzma 2m, cash considerations)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portland save 8m in trade, the cash considerations help compensate an Iggy buyout, where they might be able to save an additional 2-4m wipe out their luxury tax bill/penalty while also netting a young stretch PF in Kuzma on rookie scale they can pair with Nurikic moving forward.

LA trade Kuzma for Crowder & then are able to pick up Iggy once he's bought out by Portland. So they get 2 expiring 3&D wings & some playmaking for Kuzma.

Memphis trade 2 veteran wings, 25m in expiring's for Whiteside & an unprotected 2020 pick. Whiteside could be temporarily used as a depth option but I have concerns on his locker room behavior. He didn't want to come off the bench for Miami. (Maybe Memphis could find a 4th team in need of a C (Boston?).

I was thinking Minnesota where Portland got Dieng being thin at C & Minnesota were able to drop the final year of his contract with the team with the cash considerations buying out Iggy.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#44 » by Whole Truth » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Minnesota trade - (Dieng 16.2m, 2nd) for (Iggy 17m, cash considerations)

LA trade - (Kuzma 2m, Cousins 3.5m) for (Crowder 7.8m)

Portland trade - (Whiteside 27m, 2020 unprotected) for (Dieng 16.2m, Cousins 3.5m, Kuzma 2m, Minnesota 2nd)

Memphis trade - (Iggy 17m, Crowder 7.8m) for (Whiteside, 2020 unprotected)
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#45 » by Whole Truth » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Why would Portland give up a 2020 pick unprotected sitting 11th currently?.

Kuzma would be a top 10 pick in this draft where it's not even guaranteed the pick will jump lotto. As a stretch PF, he'd fit next to Nurkic. He's young, on rookie scale & the move will save Portland their repeater tax in a losing season.

For Memphis I don't think Kuzma is an ideal fit with 3J & Clarke, Both veterans are expiring where Memphis get a "chance" at a top 3 pick & Wiseman. If not I'd be targeting Okoro 8-15 range. While Whiteside could be a temporary depth option.

Minnesota shed a year off of Dieng's contract without having to give up any incentives so that Portland is not stuck without a starting C for this season till Nurkic returns.

The main issue I have with this idea, is Whiteside's off court behaviour. He could be that big body depth for Memphis but he didn't want that role in Miami. (I was thinking a potential Hayward/Whiteside swap).
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#46 » by SD2042 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:34 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
SD2042 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256867/Blazers-Trade-Kent-Bazemore-Anthony-Tolliver-To-Kings-For-Trevor-Ariza-Wenyen-Gabriel-Caleb-Swanigan

Portland salaries w/ Baze+Tolliver $145.2 mil + $22.75 mil luxury tax penalty=$167.95 mil bill at the end of the season

Salaries w/Ariza+Swanigan+Gabriel $140 mil + $11.7 mil luxury tax penalty=$151.7 mil bill

$16.3 mil savings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd bet Portland would like to drop the rest of that 11.7m tax & decrease the tax penalty further. They're currently sitting 11th in the 2020 draft.

Memphis trade - (Iggy 17m, Crowder 7.8m, cash considerations) for (Whiteside 27m, Portland 2020 unprotected)

LA trade - (Cousins 3.5m, Kuzma 2m) for (Crowder 7.8m)

Portland trade - (Whiteside 27m, 2020 FRP) for (Iggy 17m, Kuzma 2m, cash considerations)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portland save 8m in trade, the cash considerations help compensate an Iggy buyout, where they might be able to save an additional 2-4m wipe out their luxury tax bill/penalty while also netting a young stretch PF in Kuzma on rookie scale they can pair with Nurikic moving forward.

LA trade Kuzma for Crowder & then are able to pick up Iggy once he's bought out by Portland. So they get 2 expiring 3&D wings & some playmaking for Kuzma.

Memphis trade 2 veteran wings, 25m in expiring's for Whiteside & an unprotected 2020 pick. Whiteside could be temporarily used as a depth option but I have concerns on his locker room behavior. He didn't want to come off the bench for Miami. (Maybe Memphis could find a 4th team in need of a C (Boston?).

I was thinking Minnesota where Portland got Dieng being thin at C & Minnesota were able to drop the final year of his contract with the team with the cash considerations buying out Iggy.

Although the value is good. Having Jae Crowder and LBJ on the same team can't happen. These two players didn't get along so well when Jae played for the Cavs. That was due to the players having to submit to the LBJ system. Some players either immediately or overtime will get annoyed or frustrated by having to cater to the player rather than work with the bball system.

To Hassan Whiteside: It's more like revisionist history going back to the year when the Grizzlies under the previous regime screwed the pooch on keeping him. At this point and given previous behavioral issues, I would not want Whiteside playing with this young and developing squad Miami realized that he would make for a questionable influence around Abebayo and potential future assets. So they move on from his issues and contract.

Here's a Whiteside trade I have in mind.

Whiteside, Skal, and the 2020 first top 12 protected

TO

Knicks for M. Morris and B. Portis

Knicks get to kick the tires on Skal. Whiteside is future cap space.

Blazers get back two players who can play two way on Xs' and Os' for the Blazers and future cap space in Morris. Portis gets them a player who can operate on both ends as well. Only difference is that his contract will expire in 2021. The Blazers are fighting for a playoff spot. After acquiring Ariza, this seems to be the best path to go for the Blazers.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#47 » by Whole Truth » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:38 pm

Damn SD you ripped my trade to shreds, lol.

Forget the players I've mentioned, can Memphis work something around the concept of it?.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#48 » by SD2042 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:22 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Damn SD you ripped my trade to shreds, lol.

Forget the players I've mentioned, can Memphis work something around the concept of it?.

My bad bro. The history between Crowder and LBJ defeated the trade proposal. Just like your Kuz trade to Orlando deal from a few days prior. For me it came down to the personalities and history of the players involved. If it was based solely on talent, I say it would be a solid deal all around.

I still think the Grizzlies can still work out a concept around what you're thinking of.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#49 » by SD2042 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:17 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256882/Chandler-Parsons-May-Have-Suffered-Career-Ending-Injuries-In-Car-Accident

More to a serious note. Former Grizzlies PF Chandler Parsons was involved in a terrible traffic accident with a drunk driver. Parsons sustained multiple of injuries that indicate that his NBA career may be over. I hate that this happened to Parsons. He can't seen to catch a break with his health. Now with a drunk driver who could've easily took his life. I can't understand why the government can't do more to be strict on drunk drivers who cause bodily harm to other drivers and themselves. We hear too many stories concerning injuries and deaths as a result of drunk driving. And yet this issue continues to happen everyday.

To Parsons, I can only hope for a strong recovery and that he takes care of himself the rest of the way.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#50 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:08 pm

Thoughts and prayers to the families. I'm still in shock. Can't imagine what they are going through.
Read on Twitter
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#51 » by SD2042 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:24 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Thoughts and prayers to the families. I'm still in shock. Can't imagine what they are going through.
Read on Twitter

That news was so surreal and still hard to fathom. It's like i'm in the Twlight Zone right now.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,121

Post#52 » by twix2500 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:43 am

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#53 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Indiana gets their guy back tonight.
Read on Twitter
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#54 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Good to see Dipo back, Nate has done an incredible job with that Indiana team. If I wasn't a Raptors fan, I'd be rooting for the Pacers to come out the East.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#55 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:53 pm

From a Magic fan perspective, I'm glad to see him comeback. As much as I hate that the Magic traded Oladipo, it turned out to be a good thing. If Oladipo didn't have that vet in Westbrook to show him the way to creating his own NBA career, who's to say where VO's career could've been today had he not been on that journey to become the player he was destined to be today.

Welcome back Thingamajig (In case no one gets the reference. Oladipo performed on FOX's Masked Singer. It's a cool show.

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#56 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:10 pm

Random trade deadline stuff
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#57 » by SD2042 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 9:52 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Random trade deadline stuff
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Kennard made available for trade by the Pistons surprises me. I would've thought that by tearing down the roster that he, Sekou Doumbouya, and Christian Wood would be the start of the rebuilding nucleus for the future Pistons. I'm sure that Pistons fans are not please by the FO's decision. At least for now.

AG to Minnesota is an interesting one. RoCo is in the middle of this rumor. Thing is I'm wondering what type of deal can be struck between these two teams. Salary wise, Crabbe and rookie Jaylen Nowell would match. However, I severely doubt that's who the Magic are seeking from Minnesota.

DSJ value is very low due to the year the Knicks are having. I do have him going to Minnesota or Detroit as they do need a change at the PG position and DJS needs a major change of scenery from the Knicks.

As for Bogi to the Lakers, that's never going to happen. Sacramento will need to get off Bogi's contract due to his RFA status. The problem for them is to find a new team for Bogi who's willing to take a chance on his status and hope he's can be retain in the off-season.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#58 » by VCfor3 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 9:55 pm

SD2042 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Kennard made available for trade by the Pistons surprises me. I would've thought that by tearing down the roster that he, Sekou Doumbouya, and Christian Wood would be the start of the rebuilding nucleus for the future Pistons. I'm sure that Pistons fans are not please by the FO's decision. At least for now.

AG to Minnesota is an interesting one. RoCo is in the middle of this rumor. Thing is I'm wondering what type of deal can be struck between these two teams. Salary wise, Crabbe and rookie Jaylen Nowell would match. However, I severely doubt that's who the Magic are seeking from Minnesota.

DSJ value is very low due to the year the Knicks are having. I do have him going to Minnesota or Detroit as they do need a change at the PG position and DJS needs a major change of scenery from the Knicks.

As for Bogi to the Lakers, that's never going to happen. Sacramento will need to get off Bogi's contract due to his RFA status. The problem for them is to find a new team for Bogi who's willing to take a chance on his status and hope he's can be retain in the off-season.

AG to MIN would probably have to be a 3-team trade to happen. I'm not sure what that would ultimately look like though.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#59 » by SD2042 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 10:29 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

AG to MIN would probably have to be a 3-team trade to happen. I'm not sure what that would ultimately look like though.

I can see a potential three way if an AG to Minnesota is to happen. My thing is with what assets they have that could be appealing to another team? Wiggins? Okogie? I doubt they will be moving Culver right now.

For the Wolves, I'm questioning the fit and how does the move help KAT?

If the Wolves fail to acquire a player with skills and alpha male tendencies to supplant KAT as the number 1 option for the team, The Wolves need to plan to move KAT within a couple of years.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#60 » by Whole Truth » Sat Feb 1, 2020 10:49 pm

Minnesota trade - (Covington 11/4yr, Dieng 16/2yr) for (Gordon 19/2yr, Augustin 7.3m/1yr, Clippers 2020 FRP)

Orlando trade - (Gordon 19/2yr, Augustin, 2020 FRP) for (Covington 11/4yr, Harkless 11m/1yr, Robinson 3.6/3yr)

Clippers trade - (Harkless 11m/1yr, Robinson 3.6/3yr, 2020 FRP) for (Iggy 17/1yr, SRP)

Memphis trade - (Iggy 17/1yr, SRP) for (Dieng 16/2yr, Orlando 2020 FRP)

None of the West contending teams can meet Minnesota's asking price for Covington. Clippers give up their late first for an early SRP to net Iggy. Get an unguaranteed contract depth option.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies