Game 25: Memphis Grizzlies (8-16) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (22-3) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Game 25: Memphis Grizzlies (8-16) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (22-3) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:15 pm

What a game by 3333333333333J. 43pts on 20 shots in a wasted effort.

I'd like to know what Jenkins was thinking 4th Q?. Down to start the 4th, Bucks start the Q with Giannis & Middleton. Jenkins counters with Bruno, Anderson, Hill, Guduric,Melton. Memphis score 5pts in the first 5mins of the quarter wasting 3J's 3rd Q performance.

I get 3J was spent but with that unit struggling to score, Jonas didn't see the 4th.

Guduric, needs a stint in the G'league ,,,right now he's a hired gun, who can't shoot.

When Grizz got up 10 3rd Q. THe young squad got over zealous with their play & didn't value their possessions.

No Ja or Clarke but Memphis had the 23-3 Bucks on the ropes thanks to the 20yo's individual performance. The lack of quality depth did them in 4th Q.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:28 am

Yeah JJJ was unreal. As for the start of the 4th, I guess Jenkins was hoping that lineup would hold up defensively enough to not bleed too much while JJJ and the others rested. It is hard when we are down two of our better players on a team with not that many good players to begin with. Guduric has had a couple decent games and a whole lot of bad ones. G league stint isn't the worst idea for him. Allen has also been inconsistent though a bit more promising. Hill is starting to come back down to earth unfortunately (but he still is a steadying presence). Josh Jackson isn't with the team. Iggy is chilling at home. Bruno as a center isn't a great strategy but I get why Jenkins has been more or less forced to play him there. Add in a couple injuries for Ja and Clarke and there aren't many options for Jenkins to turn to.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:25 am

VCfor3 wrote:Yeah JJJ was unreal. As for the start of the 4th, I guess Jenkins was hoping that lineup would hold up defensively enough to not bleed too much while JJJ and the others rested. It is hard when we are down two of our better players on a team with not that many good players to begin with. Guduric has had a couple decent games and a whole lot of bad ones. G league stint isn't the worst idea for him. Allen has also been inconsistent though a bit more promising. Hill is starting to come back down to earth unfortunately (but he still is a steadying presence). Josh Jackson isn't with the team. Iggy is chilling at home. Bruno as a center isn't a great strategy but I get why Jenkins has been more or less forced to play him there. Add in a couple injuries for Ja and Clarke and there aren't many options for Jenkins to turn to.

Offense is a part of playing defense. It sounds odd but ask SD & the Magic about when they though pairing Bizz/Ibaka with Gordon could work. TO's & bricked shots lead to easy transition points, not scoring, means you're constantly in need of stops, which puts more pressure both physically & psychologically on the defense.

Memphis were struggling to score for the first 5mins while Bucks turned a 5 pt lead into a 10 pt deficit. Jonas who didn't see the floor 4th Q IMO should have been an option for Jenkins but wasn't.

Let me rephrase my question. With that unit not scoring or stopping the Bucks having the game swing by 15 pts in 5mins, why was Jonas not considered as an offensive solution?

He didn't have to finish the game but he could have started the Q, especially with how that unit played, not just offensively but on both ends. They weren't going to bleed more points than they did but he could have been an offensive solution, to that unit not being able to score. It's not as though Jenkins was holding him out to close the Q

I would have thought with Ja & Clarke both sitting, it could have been a tank lineup to give back the lead & momentum but then they blow out the Wiz on the back end of the B2B.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies