Game 33: Memphis Grizzlies (12-20) @ Denver Nuggets (21-9) - 5:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 am

Read on Twitter
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Game 33: Memphis Grizzlies (12-20) @ Denver Nuggets (21-9) - 5:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:53 pm

Last match Malone got the best of Jenkins. It's not just the players, looking forward to see the growth of Memphis' rookie coach.

Memphis are currently 2.5 game out of 8th.

I believe this team won't be high draft again unless they're able to trade in so I've been in favor of trying to retain this years top 6 pick. They beat Denver tonight & my stance will change to bottom playoffs, lottery odds for top 3 or convey bottom lotto.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:51 pm

Was driving home so didn't get to watch the game but followed along with the Gamecast. That 1st quarter killed us.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:01 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Was driving home so didn't get to watch the game but followed along with the Gamecast. That 1st quarter killed us.

They pretty much lost the game in the first Q posting only 11 points. Only 5 players produced offensively in this one.

They scored 99 points in the remaining 3 quarters. Came close to tying the game in the 3rd but ultimately fell short. Last quarter they got stops but were unable to make them count.

I actually felt better about this loss than the last time they faced because they at least showed some fight after being down 20, thoroughly outplayed by a better team. Early in the season this team might have quit playing.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 12:41 am

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Was driving home so didn't get to watch the game but followed along with the Gamecast. That 1st quarter killed us.

They pretty much lost the game in the first Q posting only 11 points. Only 5 players produced offensively in this one.

They scored 99 points in the remaining 3 quarters. Came close to tying the game in the 3rd but ultimately fell short. Last quarter they got stops but were unable to make them count.

I actually felt better about this loss than the last time they faced because they at least showed some fight after being down 20, thoroughly outplayed by a better team. Early in the season this team might have quit playing.

The main thing that we can appreciate about this young squad is that they are competing and are showing the league they are a scrappy bunch. This team in-spite of the circumstances are better than the Suns, Kings, and Knicks combined.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#6 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 12:46 am

SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

The main thing that we can appreciate about this young squad is that they are competing and are showing the league they are a scrappy bunch. This team in-spite of the circumstances are better than the Suns, Kings, and Knicks combined.

i think our team being scrappy and fun due to our young guys (especially Ja) can be seen in the All Star votes. Ja is sitting 10th. That's proof of the national recognition because Memphis alone won't vote enough to get him that high up.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 12:50 am

VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

i think our team being scrappy and fun due to our young guys (especially Ja) can be seen in the All Star votes. Ja is sitting 10th. That's proof of the national recognition because Memphis alone won't vote enough to get him that high up.

With the year that Ja is having, I think he will get his fair share of outside votes. Especially after what he nearly did to Kevin Love a couple of weeks ago. 8-)

Eventhough he missed the dunk, Ja is still sensational and I'm glad that he's a Grizzly.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies