ImageImage

Game 54: Memphis Grizzlies (27-26) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (25-30) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 54: Memphis Grizzlies (27-26) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (25-30) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Game 54: Memphis Grizzlies (27-26) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (25-30) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:27 am

Did Whiteside just flex at Jonas, LMAO. Get off the steroids you POS.

Clarke with 27 points on 12 shots in 23 mins, was a better performance than Zion's 10/17, 11 FT's for 31. I tuned in to watch that Pelican/Portland match. First quarter I saw Zion climb Whiteside's back for an over the back violation but it wasn't called. Their announcers even acknowledged that "he got away with one" … I didn't bother watch the rest, only to find out 11 of his 31pts came on the FT line to no surprise.

Then I watch the type fouls 3J is called for & all I can do is shake my head at this leagues double standards.

Morant came to play, head band & all. 20 / 9 / 5

Dieng with a nice debut. His pnr defense is a nice compliment to Jonas post game, gives Jenkins, options.

It wasn't all good though, Jaren & Brooks were flat offensively, team shot 6-22 from 3. they continue to make things difficult on themselves with weak TO's (9) mostly unforced & they're leaving easy points on the FT line (7).

Portland on the back end of a back to back played Lilliard near 40mins & he looked like he pulled his groin as result. Hopefully it's nothing because I want him healthy, no excuses.

Memphis now 4 back of 6th seed.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Re: Game 54: Memphis Grizzlies (27-26) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (25-30) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by bobobolas10 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:46 am

My question is, why JJJ cant copy a little bit of Brandon Clarke. I mean, Cant he get to the rim after the PnR? With his lenght and/or his ability to drible, Morant will find him near the rim. Anyway, he just sits outside the 3p line after the PnR or he tries to drive the ball with a defender and the whole D collapses on him. He doesnt have the ability to kick out the ball.

I liked Dieng. His defense was very good. Good hands defending high in the PnR.

So, great game overall. As you said, Brooks and JJJ need to step up a little bit. But good game by the rest of them. Nice to see Josh Jackson playing a little better every game. I remember his first game in a Grizz jersey, he was soooo lost. He is learning his role and how to be useful.

Last but not least, Brandon Clarke. what a player... definetly a steal.
"Take that for Data!"
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:52 pm

bobobolas10 wrote:My question is, why JJJ cant copy a little bit of Brandon Clarke. I mean, Cant he get to the rim after the PnR? With his lenght and/or his ability to drible, Morant will find him near the rim. Anyway, he just sits outside the 3p line after the PnR or he tries to drive the ball with a defender and the whole D collapses on him. He doesnt have the ability to kick out the ball.

I liked Dieng. His defense was very good. Good hands defending high in the PnR.

So, great game overall. As you said, Brooks and JJJ need to step up a little bit. But good game by the rest of them. Nice to see Josh Jackson playing a little better every game. I remember his first game in a Grizz jersey, he was soooo lost. He is learning his role and how to be useful.

Last but not least, Brandon Clarke. what a player... definetly a steal.

I've seen 3J run some PNR action. though rare. I think it may be partly about development. They seem to be concentrating on post touches & him trying to create off the dribble to help him better round out his game form an early stage.

Memphis got a steal trading an expiring for Dieng. Only reason his value was shot was because he got buried behind Kat.

3J was excellent defensively though, his main assignment Melo shot 1-15 from the field. When his shot is not falling, he tends to force his game & look out of control. Brooks also having taken strides to cleanup his decision making has taken a step back. If he's handling the ball on a odd man rush the apposing team will not play the pass.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:54 pm

I know that JJJ's offensive game has taken a hit lately, but his defense has been insane. Over the last few weeks, our overall offense has come back down to earth but our defense has saved us enough to keep winning games.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#6 » by E S V L » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:03 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I know that JJJ's offensive game has taken a hit lately, but his defense has been insane. Over the last few weeks, our overall offense has come back down to earth but our defense has saved us enough to keep winning games.

He has been certainly growing, which is probably the only thing that should matter at this point of time.

I was more impressed with Dieng. My goodness, I had no idea how special is his defense. WOW! Good luck with scoring against Melton - Winslow - JJJ - Djeng.
FK NFL

Return to Memphis Grizzlies