Tolliver in, Bell out

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Tolliver in, Bell out 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Tue Mar 3, 2020 3:50 am

Memphis is waiving Bell (https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257396/Grizzlies-Waive-Jordan-Bell) in order to sign Tolliver to a 10-day contract (https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257395/Grizzlies-Agree-To-Sign-Anthony-Tolliver-To-10-Day-Contract)

I absolutely love the pickup for our team. We desperately need floor spacers and Tolliver fits that while also being a good locker room vet. As soon as I saw he was getting bought out I had hoped Memphis could snag him. It is a little weird we waived Bell instead of a 10-day contract guy but it ultimately probably doesn't matter and I'll defer to our FO/coaching staff who should in theory know best.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Re: Tolliver in, Bell out 

Post#2 » by E S V L » Tue Mar 3, 2020 8:15 pm

He showed yesterday what he is capable of. I got the impression that he and Dieng supplement each quite well. He looks certainly like a nice pickup! On the other hand, I was surprised that Bell had managed to deteriorate to such an extent to be waived by the Grizzlies where I expected, given Brooks is in the roster, he will be able to bounce back similarly to other guys
FK NFL
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:23 pm

E S V L wrote:He showed yesterday what he is capable of. I got the impression that he and Dieng supplement each quite well. He looks certainly like a nice pickup! On the other hand, I was surprised that Bell had managed to deteriorate to such an extent to be waived by the Grizzlies where I expected, given Brooks is in the roster, he will be able to bounce back similarly to other guys

Bell showed some potential in his first season with the Warriors. Afterwards, it seems like he didn't do his own diligence to develop his game to better his career. All he has to offer is his athleticism and nothing else. He's G-League material until he understands the seriousness of developing his game.

I'm not a Tolliver follower. However, if the guy proves beneficial for the Grizzlies for a while, then hopefully he will workout until both 3J and Clarke comes back.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#4 » by E S V L » Thu Mar 5, 2020 3:15 pm

SD2042 wrote:
E S V L wrote:He showed yesterday what he is capable of. I got the impression that he and Dieng supplement each quite well. He looks certainly like a nice pickup! On the other hand, I was surprised that Bell had managed to deteriorate to such an extent to be waived by the Grizzlies where I expected, given Brooks is in the roster, he will be able to bounce back similarly to other guys

Bell showed some potential in his first season with the Warriors. Afterwards, it seems like he didn't do his own diligence to develop his game to better his career. All he has to offer is his athleticism and nothing else. He's G-League material until he understands the seriousness of developing his game.

I'm not a Tolliver follower. However, if the guy proves beneficial for the Grizzlies for a while, then hopefully he will workout until both 3J and Clarke comes back.

Bell could have taken the path of Josh Jackson but he failed for any reason whatsoever. Kyle has been 2-4 from the arc yesterday. Kyle, Carl! :banghead: I don`t believe Bell`s shooting stroke is worse so Bell lost his chance to become a Clarke 2.0.
FK NFL

Return to Memphis Grizzlies