ImageImage

Why does Mike Conley only shoot right-handed floaters/lay-ups?

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,960

Why does Mike Conley only shoot right-handed floaters/lay-ups? 

Post#1 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Mar 3, 2020 9:06 pm

Hello Grizz fans. Jazz fan here. I asked this on the Jazz board but since you guys had Conley for a long time I thought I'd ask it here. Thanks-----------

I've noticed this about him since day 1 with our team. He gets into the paint and scares up a right-handed floater. His off hand. And its not very accurate.

What knee did he have surgery on?

My hypothesis: he is not healthy enough to finish when putting weight on the knee and jumping off one foot, so he has adapted to shoot running floaters with his off hand. He's not very good at it.

Any truth to this? If not, why does a left-handed player force shots with his right hand every time....even when switching to the right hand is the wrong play and makes the shot harder?

Thanks
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 1,667

Re: Why does Mike Conley only shoot right-handed floaters/lay-ups? 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 2:18 pm

BarneyGumble wrote:Hello Grizz fans. Jazz fan here. I asked this on the Jazz board but since you guys had Conley for a long time I thought I'd ask it here. Thanks-----------

I've noticed this about him since day 1 with our team. He gets into the paint and scares up a right-handed floater. His off hand. And its not very accurate.

What knee did he have surgery on?

My hypothesis: he is not healthy enough to finish when putting weight on the knee and jumping off one foot, so he has adapted to shoot running floaters with his off hand. He's not very good at it.

Any truth to this? If not, why does a left-handed player force shots with his right hand every time....even when switching to the right hand is the wrong play and makes the shot harder?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure he has always preferred this. He shoots left but learned/prefers his right on floaters. He usually is better than he has been with you guys. That was a sweet little shot he had for us for if he couldn't get to the basket on drives.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies