Basketball is coming back!

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 1,667

Basketball is coming back! 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 5, 2020 5:22 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/258340/NBAs-22-Team-Return-To-Play-Plan-Approved-29-To-1

We could be watching the Grizz again July 31st! I'm pumped! I also thought that the plan is pretty fair to Memphis. We have to really drop the ball to not at least be involved in a play in situation.

-Teams play 8 more games to determine seeding. We have a 3.5 game lead which is a very large cushion.
-If the 9th seed is within 4 games of the 8th seed then there is a play in tournament. The 8th seed has to win just once where as the 9th seed has to win twice. Even if someone catches us, I doubt two teams do.
-We, like most teams, should hopefully have a pretty healthy team. Grayson may still not be quite right, but everyone else should be. I can't wait to see how Winslow fits in.
psman2
Sixth Man
And1: 926

Re: Basketball is coming back! 

Post#2 » by psman2 » Sat Jun 6, 2020 8:20 am

VCfor3 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/258340/NBAs-22-Team-Return-To-Play-Plan-Approved-29-To-1

We could be watching the Grizz again July 31st! I'm pumped! I also thought that the plan is pretty fair to Memphis. We have to really drop the ball to not at least be involved in a play in situation.

-Teams play 8 more games to determine seeding. We have a 3.5 game lead which is a very large cushion.
-If the 9th seed is within 4 games of the 8th seed then there is a play in tournament. The 8th seed has to win just once where as the 9th seed has to win twice. Even if someone catches us, I doubt two teams do.
-We, like most teams, should hopefully have a pretty healthy team. Grayson may still not be quite right, but everyone else should be. I can't wait to see how Winslow fits in.

I think the plan is somewhat fair. I think the number should have been within 3 games. If we finish with the same 3.5 lead over the 9th place team after these 8 games I think that we proved enough to not have to play in the last spot tournament. Oh well.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies