Seeding Game 6: MEM vs TOR 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 11:30 am

Maybe Marc will help us out and toss us another win
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Re: Seeding Game 6: MEM vs TOR 

Post#2 » by vanjulio » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:11 pm

I tried to sign up for the virtual fan thingy to be on the screen but I have received no email or anything . Has anyone on here tried to do that and been successful? should be an excited game today against Lowry and Gasol.
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#3 » by radikalBaller » Sun Aug 9, 2020 8:58 pm

Do the grizzlies play more games than the spurs to decide seeding and 8th spot ?
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Sun Aug 9, 2020 11:47 pm

Raptors used the same game plan for Embii/Phlliy. Pack the paint against a poor 3pt shooting team, send a quick double, reason why Memphis had so many open looks form 3 early. Fortunately they were 7-9 from 3 but that was undone by Brooks selfish play. He was the sole reason Raptors kept it close shooting 1-10 from 3 themselves, Brooks gifted them possessions.. The 3pt shooting tide was bound to turn & it did.

What's unfortunate is the careless TO's committed in the 2nd half. THey ended any hope for a potential comeback. Memphis **** 4-5 odd man rushes in which Raptors didn't even have to defend it, with careless passing & decision making.

I chalk it up to this team being young & inexperienced but no doubt question the IQ of players like Brooks.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#5 » by bobobolas10 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:39 pm

I agree Brooks made a lot of mistakes but we already expect them.

However, what is wrong with Ja lately? At some point, the strategy of jumping with the ball and then, find an openguy while being in midair, it somehow worked. Now it doest! he did it countless times again in this game. Also, why he has to bump into the big guys before dropping the lay-up? He used to shoot over them with no need of bumping them, those bombs were very effective.

I miss some JoshJackson action.

Tolliver did well imo. At some point, he was on marc Gasol and since Marc doesnt look at the rim, Tolliver made a good job on him. :lol:

All in all, we are at a point where we didnt think we could ever be. We should be enjoying this moment but honestly, we want more.
"Take that for Data!"
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#6 » by Whole Truth » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:57 pm

bobobolas10 wrote:I agree Brooks made a lot of mistakes but we already expect them.

However, what is wrong with Ja lately? At some point, the strategy of jumping with the ball and then, find an openguy while being in midair, it somehow worked. Now it doest! he did it countless times again in this game. Also, why he has to bump into the big guys before dropping the lay-up? He used to shoot over them with no need of bumping them, those bombs were very effective.

I miss some JoshJackson action.

Tolliver did well imo. At some point, he was on marc Gasol and since Marc doesnt look at the rim, Tolliver made a good job on him. :lol:

All in all, we are at a point where we didnt think we could ever be. We should be enjoying this moment but honestly, we want more.

Scouting report is out - take away the paint. The #1 scoring team in the paint, struggles from 3. The 2 people that suffer the most from that defensive strategy is Jonas & JA. With Memphis being in the mix of a playoff run, there will be more emphasis on this strategy Ja, than if they were a disrespected lottery bound team with Ja looking to get his ...

Ja is a drive first PG he doesn't shoot the 3 unless he has too. Raptors chose to crowd & double Jonas in the paint, same strategy used on Vucevic/Embiid also 2 quality bigs on bad 3pt shooting teams, which also effectively helps clog lanes for a drive first PG. I assume Jenkins attempt to help open the paint, was the reason Jonas didn't return 2nd half.

Memphis only win & best outing in the bubble, they shot 35% from 3. For some teams, 35% from 3, is a loss.

Early, Memphis were able to put pressure on the Raptors D going 7-9 but Dillon kept Memphis from gaining any real momentum. I's unfortunate because not all of his looks were bad decisions. He air balled a wide open 3 when Memphis were up 7 1st Q. Raptors were giving Memphis & Brooks that shot ... he couldn't make them pay, then Memphis started to struggle from range second half resulting in a mental pressure, that forced some careless TO's.

Tolliver has been solid for what's being asked of him but Memphis has really missed Tyus in the bubble. Not just his ability to run the bench unit but his additional 3pt shooting.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies