ImageImage

Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 23,843
And1: 1,970
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#21 » by SD2042 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:43 am

VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I don't know if he will end up the complete package, but I felt like he was a pretty obvious 1st pick. Wiseman could be good but center production seems the easiest to replace. Edwards scares the heck out of me with his lack of love for the game.



I'm still thinking that the Warriors will trade Wiseman to a team for some bench depth and perhap a starter in the mix. Only if the deal is right.

Maybe. There was a report it may have been Klay's achilles. If he is done for the year then I think they may keep Wiseman and use him as a trade piece in the future.



Naw. Please don't let it be his achilles. :banghead:

The guy just work his way back from injury just to go through another major injury again. If that's the case, that's going to be very devastating for Klay and the Warriors.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 3,983
And1: 2,015
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#22 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:47 am

Onyeka gone too.
jman3134
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,425
And1: 407
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Follow me on Twitter: JTMBasketball
Contact:
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#23 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:49 am

VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I don't know if he will end up the complete package, but I felt like he was a pretty obvious 1st pick. Wiseman could be good but center production seems the easiest to replace. Edwards scares the heck out of me with his lack of love for the game.



I'm still thinking that the Warriors will trade Wiseman to a team for some bench depth and perhap a starter in the mix. Only if the deal is right.

Maybe. There was a report it may have been Klay's achilles. If he is done for the year then I think they may keep Wiseman and use him as a trade piece in the future.


I follow fantasydoctors for football. He is an orthopedic doctor. After seeing that Klay was hurt, he commented:

"https://t.co/KCxoFwi4e0">https://t.co/KCxoFwi4e0</a></p>&mdash; Dr. Jesse Morse (@DrJesseMorse) <a href="
Read on Twitter
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 3,983
And1: 2,015
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#24 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 am

jman3134 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

I'm still thinking that the Warriors will trade Wiseman to a team for some bench depth and perhap a starter in the mix. Only if the deal is right.

Maybe. There was a report it may have been Klay's achilles. If he is done for the year then I think they may keep Wiseman and use him as a trade piece in the future.


I follow fantasydoctors for football. He is an orthopedic doctor. After seeing that Klay was hurt, he commented:

"https://t.co/KCxoFwi4e0">https://t.co/KCxoFwi4e0</a></p>&mdash; Dr. Jesse Morse (@DrJesseMorse) <a href="
Read on Twitter

And to be fair, you can usually test for an Achilles tear very quickly. Basically you squeeze the back of the lower leg and see if the ankle flexes.
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 23,843
And1: 1,970
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#25 » by SD2042 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:59 am

These players are shedding tears tonight.
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 23,843
And1: 1,970
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#26 » by SD2042 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 am

Deni Advija to the Wizards. That's going to be interesting.
jman3134
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,425
And1: 407
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Follow me on Twitter: JTMBasketball
Contact:
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#27 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:04 am

SD2042 wrote:Deni Advija to the Wizards. That's going to be interesting.


Could be a really underrated pick for them at 9.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 3,983
And1: 2,015
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#28 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:05 am

jman3134 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:Deni Advija to the Wizards. That's going to be interesting.


Could be a really underrated pick for them at 9.

I like him as a secondary facilitator next to Beal (assuming they keep him).
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 23,843
And1: 1,970
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#29 » by SD2042 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:09 am

Jalen Smith to PHX. I was thinking Tyrese Halliburton as he could learn under CP3. Cool pick however.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 3,983
And1: 2,015
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#30 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:11 am

I really wish I had saved it, but there was someone on twitter who found a video of Vassell using that funky shot form in a game when he shot from long distance. I think an NBA strength program will give him the strength to not feel like he needs to use catapult mechanics to get the ball to the rim from deep deep, but still something to note. He looked to be maybe 4-6ft behind the college 3pt line in the video.
jman3134
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,425
And1: 407
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Follow me on Twitter: JTMBasketball
Contact:
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#31 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:11 am

Who do you guys think we take at 40? I want another running mate for Ja.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 3,983
And1: 2,015
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#32 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:12 am

SD2042 wrote:Jalen Smith to PHX. I was thinking Tyrese Halliburton as he could learn under CP3. Cool pick however.

Also would have been insurance for when CP3 gets hurt, but they did need a PF if Ayton is going to be full time C moving forward.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 3,983
And1: 2,015
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#33 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:14 am

jman3134 wrote:Who do you guys think we take at 40? I want another running mate for Ja.

I have zero idea what our FO is thinking ha. My dream person is Desmond Bane but I highly doubt he falls to #40.
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 23,843
And1: 1,970
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#34 » by SD2042 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 am

jman3134 wrote:Who do you guys think we take at 40? I want another running mate for Ja.



My thoughts comes down to either C. J. Ellerby, Lamar Stevens, Jay Scrubb, or Cassius Stanley
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 23,843
And1: 1,970
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#35 » by SD2042 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:32 am

Looks like the Celtics will use the 14th pick(previously payback by the Grizzlies) to draft Aaron Nesmith
jman3134
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,425
And1: 407
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Follow me on Twitter: JTMBasketball
Contact:
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#36 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:35 am

Ty-Shon Alexander is another name. Like his perimeter game (even though he was streaky last year) and believe he has a chance as a combo guard. He can make plays with the ball in his hands or fade to the perimeter and present as a threat (is solid moving off the ball). Despite his size, he will be able to defend at an NBA level.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 3,983
And1: 2,015
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#37 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:40 am

We are getting close to the point where it no longer makes sense for Memphis to use a future 1st to trade into this draft. I trust our FO, but it still is a relief that we aren't burning assets for someone who likely isn't worth it.
jman3134
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,425
And1: 407
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Follow me on Twitter: JTMBasketball
Contact:
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#38 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:49 am

VCfor3 wrote:We are getting close to the point where it no longer makes sense for Memphis to use a future 1st to trade into this draft. I trust our FO, but it still is a relief that we aren't burning assets for someone who likely isn't worth it.


I said it to one of the guys, think it was Whole Truth, that this year's class isn't where it is at (when our FO was supposedly trading into this draft). You can get some more ready talent in the back end of the draft, but I'm not impressed by the first round this year.

I don't think it makes sense to trade into this draft unless we get RJ Hampton or Bey. Hampton is criminally underrated in my mind.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 3,983
And1: 2,015
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#39 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:53 am

jman3134 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:We are getting close to the point where it no longer makes sense for Memphis to use a future 1st to trade into this draft. I trust our FO, but it still is a relief that we aren't burning assets for someone who likely isn't worth it.


I said it to one of the guys, think it was Whole Truth, that this year's class isn't where it is at (when our FO was supposedly trading into this draft). You can get some more ready talent in the back end of the draft, but I'm not impressed by the first round this year.

I don't think it makes sense to trade into this draft unless we get RJ Hampton or Bey. Hampton is criminally underrated in my mind.

RJ scares me a bit but I don't trust my evaluation at all since it is biased and mostly based on him not playing well during the preseason scrimmage last year. Still he'd be a solid get and I like Bey. I still wouldn't use a 1st though simply because I don't think we have any 1sts that are truly late anytime soon. I think our picks will be lottery or not too far outside of it the next couple years. The Utah pick could be very late lottery or just outside of it. The GSW pick could end up quite good.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 3,983
And1: 2,015
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: Official Nov 18th, 2020 : Grizzlies Draft Night Thread 

Post#40 » by VCfor3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:00 am

Precious to Miami where I'm sure they'll develop him into a monster. Happy for him!

Return to Memphis Grizzlies