Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,020

Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:06 pm

With the previous trade thread all full. I decided to set up a new trade thread for the new season. All debates are welcome as always.
JaysRule15
RealGM
And1: 118,993

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by JaysRule15 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:18 pm

As long as we're not trading JV, I'm good with it. Grizzlies some decent 3pt shooting.
S/O Brunoskull
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:03 am

JaysRule15 wrote:As long as we're not trading JV, I'm good with it. Grizzlies some decent 3pt shooting.

Otto Porter's name has come up in the previous thread conversation for a potential 3&D player who can fit the Grizzlies. He's actually the player I wanted the Grizzlies to take some interest in the last couple of seasons.
youngthegiant
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,463

Post#4 » by youngthegiant » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:14 am

Can I get a defensive scouting report on Kyle Anderson? Denver could really use a wing like him for the playoffs, analytics love him defensively but want to see if you guys see the same thing.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,114

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:24 am

youngthegiant wrote:Can I get a defensive scouting report on Kyle Anderson? Denver could really use a wing like him for the playoffs, analytics love him defensively but want to see if you guys see the same thing.

Good team defender, okayish on ball defender. Not going to be a lockdown wing defender against Bron or Kawhi in the playoffs. Others on this forum may see him differently so good question. Overall a plus defender but you want him on the opposing 3rd option and have him help some to contain the top options.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:23 am

VCfor3 wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:Can I get a defensive scouting report on Kyle Anderson? Denver could really use a wing like him for the playoffs, analytics love him defensively but want to see if you guys see the same thing.

Good team defender, okayish on ball defender. Not going to be a lockdown wing defender against Bron or Kawhi in the playoffs. Others on this forum may see him differently so good question. Overall a plus defender but you want him on the opposing 3rd option and have him help some to contain the top options.

To add more to VC's post is that KA is a secondary playmaker who can be beneficial to any team who can justify having the need for him when deemed necessary.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by VCfor3 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:43 pm

What kind of deal do you see Denver trying for? I honestly don't know what it would take for our FO to pull the trigger or what his market would be. His 3pt shot development has been big. That was always his one big flaw that really hurt spacing but he seems to have addressed it. Without that I think most other teams wouldn't have been very interested in him. I wonder what kind of interest there may be in him now.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#8 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:24 pm

VCfor3 wrote:

What kind of deal do you see Denver trying for? I honestly don't know what it would take for our FO to pull the trigger or what his market would be. His 3pt shot development has been big. That was always his one big flaw that really hurt spacing but he seems to have addressed it. Without that I think most other teams wouldn't have been very interested in him. I wonder what kind of interest there may be in him now.

Given KA's increasing value recently, I wonder who the Grizzlies would want back in return. Perhaps a mid to late pick would be involve? Or perhaps a young player who fits within the Grizzlies current roster?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#9 » by VCfor3 » 45 minutes ago

KPJ is available for cheap, but he sounds like a locker room nightmare. I personally would avoid him but was wondering if others felt differently due to his talent.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies