ImageImage

Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#141 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:49 pm

Boston has a TPE which could absorb KA outright. Don't know your team this year well enough to guess, which is why I asked, but FWIW Schroeder is surprisingly good. 17 ppg for us, can get to the rim, excellent midrange/floater game. Hard to justify giving up a 1st since Anderson's also expiring but I guess a swap could work. KA seems like Marcus Smart for us, nice player everyone likes but no one wants to pay for.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,819

Post#142 » by psman2 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:33 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Boston has a TPE which could absorb KA outright. Don't know your team this year well enough to guess, which is why I asked, but FWIW Schroeder is surprisingly good. 17 ppg for us, can get to the rim, excellent midrange/floater game. Hard to justify giving up a 1st since Anderson's also expiring but I guess a swap could work. KA seems like Marcus Smart for us, nice player everyone likes but no one wants to pay for.

Schroeder would play behind Jae, Jones, Bane, and Melton. So fully healthy we just don't have the minutes for him. Maybe a 3rd team that has more minutes available would offer an 2nd for Schroeder. Honestly I think Schroeder should just stay in Boston, he is likely already on the team that needs and values him the most.

I doubt Boston would want to pay a swap and absorb Anderson whole salary into a TPE for tax reasons. But if they would that would work for us, we might even throw a future 2nd back since we might be able to use the TPE in another trade.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#143 » by VCfor3 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:32 am

psman2 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
psman2 wrote:
I am still on board on getting a 1st for him. I would pass on a trade if it is just 2nds unless somehow we have fallen out of the playoff picture. I think Clarke can eat most of his minutes.

What about Schroeder or Payton Pritchard from Boston? Josh Richardson if you want a straight role-player swap.. even Kanter + 2nds if you think he'd boost you.

We have no need for any of those guys honestly, they would be buried beyond better players here. Anderson is better and a proven fit with our team so we would just keep him for our playoff run if we cannot get the draft capital we want.

Maybe we could do a 1st swap with the worst of the Utah/Memphis/LAL pick but matching salary is challenging, we wouldn't want Jrich's contract next year since we might have a big chuck of space available, so maybe a 3rd team that wants Jrich that has an expiring they could route to Memphis could work.

Memphis Out: Anderson, worst of the Utah/Memphis/LAL
Memphis In: Expiring, Boston 1st

Boston Out: Jrich, Boston 1st
Boston In: Anderson, worst of the Utah/Memphis/LAL

3rd team Out: Expiring
3rd team In: Jrich

I agree with psman2 that those guys wouldn't be enough to make it happen due to being buried behind other guys even though I do like Pritchard. As for the three team deal, I don't know if I would want to do that. I think Boston turns things around and ends up with a pick in the 20s. Moving up from Utah to Boston wouldn't be worth it to me.

I think some team out there may be willing to give up a 1st for Anderson though certainly not a TPE and 1st as awesome as that would be ha.
psman2
General Manager

Post#144 » by psman2 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:30 am

VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
What about Schroeder or Payton Pritchard from Boston? Josh Richardson if you want a straight role-player swap.. even Kanter + 2nds if you think he'd boost you.

We have no need for any of those guys honestly, they would be buried beyond better players here. Anderson is better and a proven fit with our team so we would just keep him for our playoff run if we cannot get the draft capital we want.

Maybe we could do a 1st swap with the worst of the Utah/Memphis/LAL pick but matching salary is challenging, we wouldn't want Jrich's contract next year since we might have a big chuck of space available, so maybe a 3rd team that wants Jrich that has an expiring they could route to Memphis could work.

I agree with psman2 that those guys wouldn't be enough to make it happen due to being buried behind other guys even though I do like Pritchard. As for the three team deal, I don't know if I would want to do that. I think Boston turns things around and ends up with a pick in the 20s. Moving up from Utah to Boston wouldn't be worth it to me.

I think some team out there may be willing to give up a 1st for Anderson though certainly not a TPE and 1st as awesome as that would be ha.

I would gamble on the swap...Get easy be a 27 to 17 jump in my eyes. Or if Boston suffers an injury then at 27-11 or something like that. Boston would likely require top 10 protection and then we get a couple 2nds if it doesn't convey. Rather have that swap that a 1st from a team like GS or another team that is very likely to be 25+.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#145 » by VCfor3 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:21 am

psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:

I would gamble on the swap...Get easy be a 27 to 17 jump in my eyes. Or if Boston suffers an injury then at 27-11 or something like that. Boston would likely require top 10 protection and then we get a couple 2nds if it doesn't convey. Rather have that swap that a 1st from a team like GS or another team that is very likely to be 25+.

My target would be a non-2022 1st just to add something to the war chest for later.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,870

Post#146 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:28 pm

Chris Boucher for Tyus Jones

1 for 1 deal. Both guys making 7mil and are in the last year of their respective contracts.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#147 » by VCfor3 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:41 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:Chris Boucher for Tyus Jones

1 for 1 deal. Both guys making 7mil and are in the last year of their respective contracts.

Plenty of teams would take Boucher over Jones, but I don't think Memphis is one of them. We need Tyus more so Memphis would pass.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#148 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:45 pm

Terrence Ross
'22 SRP via Indiana (currently #39)

for

Jarrett Culver
Filler (min. contract)
'22 FRP via LAL
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#149 » by VCfor3 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:12 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Terrence Ross
'22 SRP via Indiana (currently #39)

for

Jarrett Culver
Filler (min. contract)
'22 FRP via LAL

We currently are a cap space team this offseason. I don't know if we want to use a chunk of that cap plus the LAL pick that suddenly looks pretty nice to get a guy about to turn 31 even though a backup SF isn't the worst thing for us to target. We have been using rookie Ziaire when healthy, some young PFs who have done well, occasionally Anderson though we seem determined to let him stay at PF, or gone with three guard lineups. Ross helps us some this year but not enough to make it worth giving up a chance to find a better piece long term. Decent idea though.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#150 » by vini_vidi_vici » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:59 pm

Guys the RGM Raps guys traded me to your board for Ja. Hopefully you accept me as your own.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#151 » by VCfor3 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:10 am

vini_vidi_vici wrote:Guys the RGM Raps guys traded me to your board for Ja. Hopefully you accept me as your own.

Well if it cost us Ja I sure hope you know the expectations we will be placing on you moving forward. Heck with the way everyone is signing players to hardship exceptions we may even ask you to play for the team at some point.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#152 » by vini_vidi_vici » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:58 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
vini_vidi_vici wrote:Guys the RGM Raps guys traded me to your board for Ja. Hopefully you accept me as your own.

Well if it cost us Ja I sure hope you know the expectations we will be placing on you moving forward. Heck with the way everyone is signing players to hardship exceptions we may even ask you to play for the team at some point.

I jumped the gun, apparently they were trying to trade FVV not VVV. Apologies.

Since were talking Ja for a second, hes been filthy in ISOs offensively.

Among 155 players with atleast 10 finishes in ISOs, hes 6th.

When you include finishes + passes, he drops to 17th and 12 points per 100 less than his own ISOs. Which usually means while hes been dominant hes getting little help on his passes because guys arent scoring efficiently.

Its been an off yr for him, but thats some outlier type stuff.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#153 » by VCfor3 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:21 pm

vini_vidi_vici wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

I jumped the gun, apparently they were trying to trade FVV not VVV. Apologies.

Since were talking Ja for a second, hes been filthy in ISOs offensively.

Among 155 players with atleast 10 finishes in ISOs, hes 6th.

When you include finishes + passes, he drops to 17th and 12 points per 100 less than his own ISOs. Which usually means while hes been dominant hes getting little help on his passes because guys arent scoring efficiently.

Its been an off yr for him, but thats some outlier type stuff.

...I love you

But seriously he was making a jump offensively before the injury. Defensively it was a bit rough with him on the court and honestly the team was kind of in a funk in general. The others felt they could take games off and just lean on Ja plus we were missing Brooks. Ja going down gave our team a sense of urgency and we played like the more desperate team which is how we rattled off those wins (that plus a lot of luck with opposing injuries). The team took a deep breath and took the last two games off with Ja coming back for the latter of the two games, but if they can get their urgency back and Ja can get back on track I think Memphis could be a dangerous team. Not contender dangerous, but second round in the playoffs dangerous.

Also Barnes has looked so good this year. Toronto has a bright future with him, Trent, and OG plus your other top players aren't exactly old either. As a Memphis Tigers fan I'm glad Precious made it to Toronto and is thriving. If you ever want to trade OG for a FANTASTIC pick package just give our FO a call haha.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#154 » by VCfor3 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:16 am

Zach Lowe's favorite Jaylen Brown trade:

Memphis sends Ziaire, Melton, Bane, filler, three 1sts, and a couple swaps.

I like Brown and would very reluctantly give Bane to get it done along with some 1sts and filler, but both Melton and Ziaire as well seems like a lot. Am I just really bias? I guess it depends on what the 1sts we send are.
psman2
General Manager

Post#155 » by psman2 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:52 am

VCfor3 wrote:Zach Lowe's favorite Jaylen Brown trade:

I like Brown and would very reluctantly give Bane to get it done along with some 1sts and filler, but both Melton and Ziaire as well seems like a lot. Am I just really bias? I guess it depends on what the 1sts we send are.

Too rich for my blood. Bane's value is only going up. He will never reach Browns level, but he could easily be in a tier below him soon. But it is tempting...swap Melton for Culver and make it the LAL/Mem 2022 picks and I would do it. I don't want to tie up all our future picks incase we need to make another trade.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#156 » by jefe » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:54 pm

I don't think that's enough salary going out to make it work and, thus, begs the question of what the "filler" is given we don't have (m)any "bad" contracts: Anderson and Jones are on expirings, so maybe one of them? In any event, I agree that I'd prefer to hold on to Bane, and I tend to imagine/want a trade package built around Brooks in his place for that consideration as well as salary purposes as well.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#157 » by VCfor3 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:07 pm

jefe wrote:

I don't think that's enough salary going out to make it work and, thus, begs the question of what the "filler" is given we don't have (m)any "bad" contracts: Anderson and Jones are on expirings, so maybe one of them? In any event, I agree that I'd prefer to hold on to Bane, and I tend to imagine/want a trade package built around Brooks in his place for that consideration as well as salary purposes as well.

I think one of Bane, Ja, and JJJ would have to be in the deal so Bane draws the short straw. Rolling with the whole no Melton option:

Bane, Ziaire, Adams, 22 LAL 1st, 22 UTA 1st, 24 MEM 1st, 23 & 25 swaps w/ MEM 1st for Brown

Then follow up with Indy:
Anderson, Culver, 24 GSW 1st, 22 MEM 1st for Turner

Ja/Tyus
Brooks/Melton
Brown/Konchar?
JJJ/Clarke
Turner/Tillman

If Indy doesn't bit maybe offer something similar for Grant to play PF next to JJJ at C? Either way that would be some crazy good defense with Ja leading the offense. We would owe our future 24 1st and have a swap option on our 23 and 25 1sts, but that would ge a stout starting 5 with Melton as our 6th man.
psman2
General Manager

Post#158 » by psman2 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 5:39 am

VCfor3 wrote:
jefe wrote:

I think one of Bane, Ja, and JJJ would have to be in the deal so Bane draws the short straw. Rolling with the whole no Melton option:

Bane, Ziaire, Adams, 22 LAL 1st, 22 UTA 1st, 24 MEM 1st, 23 & 25 swaps w/ MEM 1st for Brown

Then follow up with Indy:
Anderson, Culver, 24 GSW 1st, 22 MEM 1st for Turner

Ja/Tyus
Brooks/Melton
Brown/Konchar?
JJJ/Clarke
Turner/Tillman

If Indy doesn't bit maybe offer something similar for Grant to play PF next to JJJ at C? Either way that would be some crazy good defense with Ja leading the offense. We would owe our future 24 1st and have a swap option on our 23 and 25 1sts, but that would ge a stout starting 5 with Melton as our 6th man.

Brooks and Brown both suffer from tunnel vision... may not be the best pairing. I am not sure if Brooks has enough trade value to swap him out for Bane but that is a avenue I would explore first.

I think that is a lineup that can win the chip if Ja and JJJ continue to improve.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#159 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:30 am

BOS/MEM/ORL
BOS in: Tyus
MEM in: Lopez, Pick swap with Boston (Lottery protected, if the swap doesn't convey we get a complicated 2023 Hou 2nd)
ORL in: Juan, cash, rights to swap 2nd rounders of some sort

I know Tyus highly likely outprices us this offseason and we lose him for nothing (or maybe get a 2nd in a S&T), but I still would be hesitant to move him unless we are blown away with an offer. I don't know if the above offer gets it done for me but thought I'd try to be creative. Watching teams that lack a quality backup PG struggle, I think I'd rather keep one of the best backup PGs for the season to keep pushing for home court this playoffs. If we could win a playoff series I think the experience would be invaluable for the rest of our young guys. Bane can cover backup PG enough that we probably still hold onto the 4th seed, but I think having Tyus helps our chances in the playoffs. Then this offseason we draft a PG to have as a cheap backup (Kennedy Chandler or TyTy Washington perhaps?).

Anderson has been really good too but I feel like we can replace his production much easier than Tyus so I'm more open to moving him. I don't think we can get a 1st but who knows. Maybe Chicago does DJJ+Por 1st for Anderson+two 2nds? Sac does Bagley+two 2nds? I'm fine if we sit pat because there isn't an offer that excites us.
psman2
General Manager

Post#160 » by psman2 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:43 am

VCfor3 wrote:BOS/MEM/ORL
BOS in: Tyus
MEM in: Lopez, Pick swap with Boston (Lottery protected, if the swap doesn't convey we get a complicated 2023 Hou 2nd)
ORL in: Juan, cash, rights to swap 2nd rounders of some sort

I know Tyus highly likely outprices us this offseason and we lose him for nothing (or maybe get a 2nd in a S&T), but I still would be hesitant to move him unless we are blown away with an offer. I don't know if the above offer gets it done for me but thought I'd try to be creative. Watching teams that lack a quality backup PG struggle, I think I'd rather keep one of the best backup PGs for the season to keep pushing for home court this playoffs. If we could win a playoff series I think the experience would be invaluable for the rest of our young guys. Bane can cover backup PG enough that we probably still hold onto the 4th seed, but I think having Tyus helps our chances in the playoffs. Then this offseason we draft a PG to have as a cheap backup (Kennedy Chandler or TyTy Washington perhaps?).

Anderson has been really good too but I feel like we can replace his production much easier than Tyus so I'm more open to moving him. I don't think we can get a 1st but who knows. Maybe Chicago does DJJ+Por 1st for Anderson+two 2nds? Sac does Bagley+two 2nds? I'm fine if we sit pat because there isn't an offer that excites us.

I doubt Boston would do a 1st swap for Jones, that swap could be 5-10 spots in the 1st which is more than I think Jones could pull.

Here is my favorite trade with Orlando.
Tor in: Adams, future 2nd from Memphis
MEM in: Garry Harris, Bamba
ORL in: Dragic (buyout) and the better of the Mem/Utah pick

Harris has rebounded somewhat this year and would open up an Anderson trade. Bamba I think can really expand his game playing for some competent teammates, he has never played with a even average PG before. JJJ/Bamba can stretch the floor and protect the rim. 5 out all day and they could share the floor. Hopefully since there isn't a lot of cap space available this offseason we can retain him on a discount. I like 4/40 for him.

This opens up a big chuck of cap space and I think we put a big contract on Cam Johnson and steal him away from Phoenix since they will be a a big salary crunch with Ayton wanting the max and already paying Bridges. Cam is shooting lights out and has a well rounded game. There is not a lot of good FA targets this year, I am really zeroing on Cam as a guy we could land.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies