ImageImage

Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,815

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#181 » by psman2 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:40 am

VCfor3 wrote:Horford is good but I doubt we do a Horford/Adams swap. Adams has been great for us so far and no need to rock the boat without reason. Adams is also a lot cheaper. I know Horford's guarantee is a lot less, but that only matters if he is getting waived which I don't expect. It would take an incentive that likely doesn't make sense for Boston in order for that deal to make sense for Memphis.

If we made some other moves that will leave us likely over the cap and not a cap space team next year then I would be open to a Culver/Adams for Horford deal at the deadline. Horford is still the better player in my eyes. However I do want to see what our front office can do with maximum flexibility going into the offseason so I would likely pass. I think getting off Adams would be cheaper than someone eating Horford gtd money if we need to open up space.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,800

Post#182 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:48 pm

Can we have Konchar for little or nothing?

Please?
C64
Junior
And1: 334

Post#183 » by C64 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:14 am

Larry_Russell wrote:Can we have Konchar for little or nothing?

Please?

I doubt it, Jitty's worth keeping.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#184 » by Skybox » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:01 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Idk, I love Adams. You all want to trade him for Horford?

Bamba’s going to have a market, but.. Okafor and Noel put up more consistent numbers, on awful teams with much less talent.. Per 36 double double is good, but he hasn’t figured out the rest of the game. with a three ball and that wingspan - he’s probably going to stick around at least as a backup for a few years. It’s a good bet for Memphis and it fits with your cap sheet.

LOL...I came here from ORL boards curious about Adams too (after watching LBJ and THT try to kill Suggs on a drive and nobody from ORL even confronted them). ORL has some intriguing young talent, but we traded away Vuc to get to a more perimeter based offense. ORL hasn't had anybody who could or would set a memorable pick since Dwight. Our young guys need floor spreading but also screen-setting to open the floor for them and also something of a protector. I expect Adams is a negative value and ORL could get him as part of a bigger deal. I love what MEM is doing and they're good enough and young enough to be a FA draw now....Just exploring for now, but...

MEM sends: Adams, Dillon Brooks (expendable with Bane's emergence?)
ORL sends: Gary Harris (solid depth 2-way guard, EXPIRING $20m), Bamba, Cole Anthony (high-scoring second-unit leader & more)

or, if Brooks is too integral to MEM...
MEM sends: Adams, Zaire Williams
ORL sends: Gary Harris, Bamba, Michael Carter Williams, ORL 22srp(low 30's) (MCW is a great depth guy, versatile, big, great on-ball defender for playoffs)

ORL has a large TPE, likely a VERY high pick this summer and a couple of extra picks from trades to play with. Let's make a deal.
psman2
General Manager

Post#185 » by psman2 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:36 pm

Skybox wrote:

Bamba’s going to have a market, but.. Okafor and Noel put up more consistent numbers, on awful teams with much less talent.. Per 36 double double is good, but he hasn’t figured out the rest of the game. with a three ball and that wingspan - he’s probably going to stick around at least as a backup for a few years. It’s a good bet for Memphis and it fits with your cap sheet.

LOL...I came here from ORL boards curious about Adams too (after watching LBJ and THT try to kill Suggs on a drive and nobody from ORL even confronted them). ORL has some intriguing young talent, but we traded away Vuc to get to a more perimeter based offense. ORL hasn't had anybody who could or would set a memorable pick since Dwight. Our young guys need floor spreading but also screen-setting to open the floor for them and also something of a protector. I expect Adams is a negative value and ORL could get him as part of a bigger deal. I love what MEM is doing and they're good enough and young enough to be a FA draw now....Just exploring for now, but...

ORL sends: Gary Harris (solid depth 2-way guard, EXPIRING $20m), Bamba, Cole Anthony (high-scoring second-unit leader & more)

ORL sends: Gary Harris, Bamba, Michael Carter Williams, ORL 22srp(low 30's) (MCW is a great depth guy, versatile, big, great on-ball defender for playoffs)

ORL has a large TPE, likely a VERY high pick this summer and a couple of extra picks from trades to play with. Let's make a deal.

Brooks is our starting SF, Bane is our starting SG. Brooks is also our best wing defender by far, he is very crucial to our success. I would consider moving off him in like a Simmons trade but what you offering here is not of much interest. We need win now defenders around Ja, Cole is just not the type of trade target that makes sense for us.

I have my doubts we would take a do over on Williams if we were offered a pick in the 10-14 range. But for Bamba and a 2nd that is an instant rejection. I don't think we have any on on our roster that we would cut for MCW either.

Personally I would do Adams/Culver/our 2022 1st for Bamba/Harris. But that is as far as I would go, no chance of Brooks or Zaire in that type of trade.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#186 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:33 am

Skybox wrote:

Explore away ha! That's the beauty of these forums. You can explore with fans from opposing teams and see what may make sense for both teams.

If we can ever get fully healthy, Bane is our starting SG and Brooks is our starting SF. So unless we are actually upgrading our starting lineup (likely a SF upgrade) I think we will not look to move Brooks. So ultimately we will say no, but the inclusion of Cole is a very nice touch especially if we expect to lose Tyus in FA. Cole as a high end cost controlled backup would be great. It would be nice for Cole's shooting percentages to come up some, but given his FT% I feel that will naturally fix itself. But yeah moving our starting SF for two likely bench guys isn't a direction I see us going.

There is definitely a value difference between Harris and Adams, but I don't know if Memphis cares to pay it. Ziaire for Bamba, high 2nd, and savings doesn't feel like something our FO would want to do. Ziaire has actually looked good of late. I think they would rather take the swing on him than break up his value into multiple parts especially when we have too many parts to begin with ha. I see Bamba as a FA target for us if we can't find a better use of our cap space (with some sort of incentive to Orlando to not match), but not someone we would want to use assets to currently go get unless you want a late 2022 1st.

Honestly I kinda like the way Orlando is building up honestly and wouldn't rock the boat too much. Memphis isn't moving Ja, Bane, or JJJ so honestly nothing Memphis has should tempt you enough to move your pick this year. Otherwise Memphis really needs to hold pat if no big consolidation upgrade is available (Jaylen Brown for example). The one exception I could see is us trying to use Culver ($6.4m expiring) and one of the 2022 1sts for some small upgrade though I have no idea what that would be. We could offer that for Bamba but I don't know if that is something Orlando would have any interest in. Him on a cheap contract this offseason or doing a S&T may be more valuable to you. I personally would consider leaving out the Adams/Harris swap on psman's trade idea simply because I think Adams helps us more this season than Bamba and I don't think we are ready to commit to JJJ as the starting center. Bamba would be the center/backup center of the future past this season and ideally we use Adams contract to match salary in a big deal this offseason.

As for Adams vs Horford psman, I think that Horford is definitely better than Adams in a vacuum but that Adams is probably just as good a fit for our team as Horford. He has sealed the paint down low for Ja so well lately and his offensive rebounding has been crucial for us. He also has had some great playmaking but so has Horford. Horford would be able to provide his own unique boosts for us as well, but overall I don't know if it ultimately makes us much better or not. I certainly acknowledge the possibility that Horford would come in and find a way to be a monster in our system. He is playing fairly well in Boston but it isn't a great fit with Timelord. Him being the 4th or 5th offensive option and actually the center with JJJ helping provide high level defense could really unlock him more especially given his high IQ. Ultimately I'm fine with either Adams or Horford.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#187 » by VCfor3 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 3:21 am

IF Utah breaks up their team, who are you interested in and at what price? Mitchell won't be cheap
psman2
General Manager

Post#188 » by psman2 » Sat Apr 9, 2022 5:10 am

VCfor3 wrote:IF Utah breaks up their team, who are you interested in and at what price? Mitchell won't be cheap

Will Mitchell be happy in Ja’s shadow and in a small market? I think the price will be high, like Bane and 3 1sts+. I think we are better off letting Bane continue to develop and use our assets for a 3 or 4 that fits our team moving forward. Regular season offensive hasn’t been an issue, but the playoffs are a different animal, we do need another shot creator so I think we have to look at everyone that comes on the market, but again I just think the cost will be too high for Mitchell.

And I know Utah fans loves Golbert and think he has high trade value, and I think he is a great player, but I don’t think a small market team can build around a defensive center on his contract. So unless we are ready to have a very high payroll, I don’t think he would be a trade target for us since we likely have to cut deeply to fit his money in future years.
psman2
General Manager

Post#189 » by psman2 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 4:06 am

psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Horford is good but I doubt we do a Horford/Adams swap. Adams has been great for us so far and no need to rock the boat without reason. Adams is also a lot cheaper. I know Horford's guarantee is a lot less, but that only matters if he is getting waived which I don't expect. It would take an incentive that likely doesn't make sense for Boston in order for that deal to make sense for Memphis.

If we made some other moves that will leave us likely over the cap and not a cap space team next year then I would be open to a Culver/Adams for Horford deal at the deadline. Horford is still the better player in my eyes. However I do want to see what our front office can do with maximum flexibility going into the offseason so I would likely pass. I think getting off Adams would be cheaper than someone eating Horford gtd money if we need to open up space.

So if we had this playoff version of Horford over Adams in the playoffs I wonder if we get past GS. Likely not with Ja's injury but still would have been a closer series.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#190 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 3:34 pm

psman2 wrote:
psman2 wrote:

So if we had this playoff version of Horford over Adams in the playoffs I wonder if we get past GS. Likely not with Ja's injury but still would have been a closer series.

Well if we had Horford the whole series then yeah since Adams missed multiple games ha. There is a chance we could have won anyway if Adams didn't get Covid. Him missing two games and not being in shape that 3rd game hurt. He also got banged up towards the end of the series (they were throwing him down and everything else which was wild) and didn't look right. He was hitting oxygen anytime he was on the bench the entire time too.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,509

Post#191 » by durden_tyler » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:34 am

Thoughts on the KD to Memphis rumors?

i think Grizz has to do it for the very reason that, while Morant and company will continue to improve, Memphis still plays in the tough West, and i don't see the Warriors falling off anytime at all. Not to mention, the other teams (Suns, Clippers, Mavs, Wolves to name a few) are on the same level as the Grizzlies.

With Durant, Memphis instantly becomes legit West contenders, maybe on par with the favorites Warriors.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#192 » by VCfor3 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:15 am

durden_tyler wrote:Thoughts on the KD to Memphis rumors?

i think Grizz has to do it for the very reason that, while Morant and company will continue to improve, Memphis still plays in the tough West, and i don't see the Warriors falling off anytime at all. Not to mention, the other teams (Suns, Clippers, Mavs, Wolves to name a few) are on the same level as the Grizzlies.

With Durant, Memphis instantly becomes legit West contenders, maybe on par with the favorites Warriors.

Getting KD while keeping Ja, Bane, and JJJ as the tweet alluded to would be huge. I don't see it ever happening, but that is an absolutely elite top 4. I'd mortgage the future for that.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,509

Post#193 » by durden_tyler » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:59 am

So much for that rumor i guess, i personally would have pulled the trigger but i guess the Grizzlies won't be bringing a star this season.

Good enough to be West contenders but Morant's maturity and the other role players' growth will be crucial if we want to keep up with the Warriors and the likes.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#194 » by SD2042 » Sun Sep 4, 2022 1:47 am

durden_tyler wrote:So much for that rumor i guess, i personally would have pulled the trigger but i guess the Grizzlies won't be bringing a star this season.

Good enough to be West contenders but Morant's maturity and the other role players' growth will be crucial if we want to keep up with the Warriors and the likes.

Without question. This upcoming season should be about sense of maturity and growth. The Grizzlies will need to continue their race to the top with precision and wits. They need to be on the same page as the Western Conference continues to improve around them. Play to their strengths and confront their weaknesses with confidence and unity. No one will give them anything. The gauntlet in the Western Conference is always complicated as it is fierce. Make those hits count. Especially in the playoffs when the time comes next April 2023.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#195 » by VCfor3 » Mon Sep 5, 2022 7:16 pm

Here's to hoping JJJ doesn't have any setbacks and returns quick. I hate he lost an offseason of development. If he can keep his high level of defense from last year but get his offense back up to par we will be crazy good. He's our X factor.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#196 » by VCfor3 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:29 pm

With Crowder being shopped, does anyone have any interest? I wouldn't do more than Green and maybe a 2nd, but I would consider it as long as he is fine coming of the bench like Anderson did for us last year.
psman2
General Manager

Post#197 » by psman2 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:29 pm

VCfor3 wrote:With Crowder being shopped, does anyone have any interest? I wouldn't do more than Green and maybe a 2nd, but I would consider it as long as he is fine coming of the bench like Anderson did for us last year.

I am fine with that. I still like the idea of Green/2nd for Olynyk more though. I guess Danny really likes Olynyk though since he was the value they got out of Bojan trade, but I think I pegged the market value of Bojan was lower than most people had for him on the TT.....One OP wanted us to trade Zaire for him. Olynyk would allow our frontcourt to work so much better with the two non shooters in Clarke and Adams and if one of our young players beats him out then that is still at good outcome. The 3m gtd is a small deterrent if we want to go big game hunting with cap space, but we should be able to dump him with a 2nd/cash if we really needed that extra space next year.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#198 » by SD2042 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:13 am

VCfor3 wrote:With Crowder being shopped, does anyone have any interest? I wouldn't do more than Green and maybe a 2nd, but I would consider it as long as he is fine coming of the bench like Anderson did for us last year.

Although Crowder is familiar with the guys here if this were to go down, the issue here will be starting. As the Suns have made Cam Johnson the new PF of the team now. Thus, Crowder asking for a trade. No question he has some game left. Will he find that team who's willing to start him is the question. Plus the limited minutes will be another issue with him. Speculations of the Hawks and Heat have come into play.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,585

Post#199 » by NYG » Thu Nov 3, 2022 3:05 am

SD2042 wrote:.

psman2 wrote:.

VCfor3 wrote:.

If the Pelicans became a realistic KD destination, would you save the assets on the downgrade from KD to Brandon Ingram as the third team? If so, what would you give for Brandon Ingram in terms of matching salary + possible picks?
psman2
General Manager

Post#200 » by psman2 » Thu Nov 3, 2022 3:29 am

NYG wrote:
SD2042 wrote:.

psman2 wrote:.

VCfor3 wrote:.

If the Pelicans became a realistic KD destination, would you save the assets on the downgrade from KD to Brandon Ingram as the third team? If so, what would you give for Brandon Ingram in terms of matching salary + possible picks?

Obviously much rather have Durant so unless NO is offering something we cannot I rather cut out NO unless the price is just too high or Durant doesn't want to come to Memphis. But if for some reason we cannot land Durant then I would offer something decent for Ingram but I'm not his biggest fan so I hope that we don't pay a premium for him. I think NO would try to send Ingram to the Eastern conference and not improve Memphis if the packages are close.

Something like I would put on the table.
Jones/Dillion + 4 assets...like 3 picks and a one young player.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies