Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#101 » by gobullschi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:22 am

VCfor3 wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Small trade: Tomas Satoransky for Justice Winslow

It depends on if we decline the team option or not. You can maybe just outright sign him for less than 13m if we do decline the TO. If we don't decline the TO and end up moving Tyus, I'd be super down for this.

*The deal would be before August 1st, so Chicago could decline the team option.

This would be a cost savings trade for Chicago, who needs to clear up enough cap space to make a run at a free agent (Lonzo?).
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#102 » by Whole Truth » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:53 am

Philly trade - (Simmons, Hill) 36m out for (Love, Sexton, #17) 36m in

GS trade - (Wiggins, #7, #14) 29m out for (Anderson, Cedi, Clarke, Jones, GS 24) 30m in

Cavs trade - (Love, Sexton, #3) 43m out for (Wiggins, 3J, Hill, #7, #14) 44m in

Memphis trade - (3J, Anderson, Clarke, Jones, #17, GS 24) 28m out for (Simmons, #3) 30m in

Memphis in moving all of 3J, Anderson & Clarke for #3, play Simmons at PF/C.

"
Simmons
"
Brooks
#3 Green
Ja

Transition team with Simmons as the small ball 5 to compliment Jonas who carry the team in the regular season & Tillman as quality depth & alternative option to Jonas with Simmons at PF.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#103 » by Whole Truth » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:19 pm

I see Memphis fans struggling with a Winslow financial deal with GS for the 14th pick.

Drop Winslow's contract Memphis will have 20 something mil in cap space instead of trading Winslow, Wiggins would be taken into that cap space creating another large TE for GS for a mid lotto pick.

Memphis trade - (Jones, roughly 20m TE) for (Wiggins, #14)

GS may prefer a different filler than Jones but you get the gist of it.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#104 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Whole Truth wrote:I see Memphis fans struggling with a Winslow financial deal with GS for the 14th pick.

Drop Winslow's contract Memphis will have 20 something mil in cap space instead of trading Winslow, Wiggins would be taken into that cap space creating another large TE for GS for a mid lotto pick.

Memphis trade - (Jones, roughly 20m TE) for (Wiggins, #14)

GS may prefer a different filler than Jones but you get the gist of it.

Though Wiggins is a bad contract, they need him to play SF. I don't know if they can afford to just dump him unless they have a replacement in the works via trade or free agency.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#105 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:29 pm

gobullschi wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Small trade: Tomas Satoransky for Justice Winslow

It depends on if we decline the team option or not. You can maybe just outright sign him for less than 13m if we do decline the TO. If we don't decline the TO and end up moving Tyus, I'd be super down for this.

This would be a cost savings trade for Chicago, who needs to clear up enough cap space to make a run at a free agent (Lonzo?).

Is that legal to trade him now and then you guys decline the TO? I have no idea what the rules are in that situation
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#106 » by gobullschi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:42 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:It depends on if we decline the team option or not. You can maybe just outright sign him for less than 13m if we do decline the TO. If we don't decline the TO and end up moving Tyus, I'd be super down for this.

Is that legal to trade him now and then you guys decline the TO? I have no idea what the rules are in that situation

That’s a great question. I assumed it was legal, but maybe it isn’t… Would Memphis trade for Sato for pure cap space?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#107 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:54 pm

gobullschi wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

That’s a great question. I assumed it was legal, but maybe it isn’t… Would Memphis trade for Sato for pure cap space?

I mean that would be the same deal you proposed if that trade was legal ha. If they go the cap space route and end up with some left over I could see it happening. It would preserve cap space for the next season since he'd be an expiring.

Worst case scenario you could always waive him and save 5m if needed. Or use a 2nd/cash or two 2nds to dump that 5m. I think you guys can get cap space if you end up needing it but we shall see.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#108 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:24 pm

Apparently Lowe mentioned a couple weeks ago and another guy mentioned today that SGA could potentially be available since OKC is still in a full rebuild and SGA doesn't quite fit the timeline with his new contract coming up before too long. If that is the case then I don't think they'd want JJJ and we certainly aren't including Ja, but could we cobble together our assets and make something happen?

Some package of players to the Warriors for Wiseman or #7, our picks and the UTA pick to OKC, maybe a player or two who can be flipped as well to OKC or to another team for assets to OKC.

GSW in: Anderson, Melton, Tillman, #17
GSW out: Wiseman, Looney, low salary guy of their choice, #14

OKC in: Jones, #4, #17, 2022 MEM 1st, 2024 MEM 1st, 2022 UTA 1st, 2024 GSW 1st, 2022 TOR 1st (Top 18, two 2nds)
OKC out: SGA, #6

MEM in: SGA, Looney, Baynes
MEM out: Jones, Anderson, Melton, Tillman, JV, #14, 2022 MEM 1st, 2024 MEM 1st, 2022 UTA 1st, 2024 GSW 1st

TOR in: Wiseman, #6, JV
TOR out: #4, Baynes, Hood, Yuta, 2022 TOR 1st (Top 18 protected, two 2nds)

For the Warriors, Tillman is likely an immediate upgrade on Wiseman but a smidge though I expect Wiseman to surpass him in a year or so. They also get Melton and Anderson who can immediately contribute for them plus Melton is young enough to be a long term piece as well.

For OKC they get one of the elite 4 guys in this draft and reset the clock. I have SGA as worth more than #4 straight up and Toronto could potentially ante up and try to take SGA themselves, but in this deal OKC gets 6 additional 1sts. The Toronto pick will either be late or be 2nds. The Memphis picks are probably a little outside the lottery. The Utah 1st is probably late. But the GSW pick could be decent and 14 in this draft is fairly okay. I don't know if they would want to do that or have say #4, #5, and a future Toronto 1st or two. Memphis could then sweeten the deal with Clarke or Bane. The hail mary is eating Kemba's deal, but with SGA and JJJ needing contracts our cap sheet would be horrible. Jones would be a good PG for OKC as they rebuild since he will be able to control the game and help their young guys develop while not being good enough to hurt the tank. I'm sure we could redo the deal where they keep 6 as well so that they get Barnes to pair with their Top 4 pick.

Memphis tries to form a core of Ja/SGA/JJJ. We also have additional cap space from these deals.

Toronto gets a high level center prospect, a win-now center in JV, and still get a high draft pick this draft.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#109 » by Whole Truth » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:18 pm

I don't know if you remember 2yrs ago when you expressed interest in SGA, I told you by not trading Paul OKC were going to find themselves in this position with him where they have a multitude of picks but all reliant on luck & this year, when they really needed it, they failed to get into the top 5, at a point where SGA & OKC might be too good to continue losing & not yet good enough to be a contender with SGA.

Sorry Vic, unless OKC covet 3J I think you're out of luck on SGA. Memphis would be better off just trying to get into the top 5 for someone like Green themselves, They would have to overpay to get into the top 5 alone, then overpay OKC to pry SGA.

IMO not doable without OKC having interest in 3J's potential. Targeting 3J does the 2 things for OKC I stated above.

1, Resets timeline on a high ceiling prospect.

2, The still raw 22yo prospect 3J, allows them to continue to lose without having to sit a contributing player like Horford as they did this past year only to strike out in the lottery.

Therein the point of trading SGA, reset the draft timeline. One thing is certain, OKC fans won't be on board trading SGA to reset their draft timeline.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#110 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:49 pm

Whole Truth wrote:I don't know if you remember 2yrs ago when you expressed interest in SGA, I told you by not trading Paul OKC were going to find themselves in this position with him where they have a multitude of picks but all reliant on luck & this year, when they really needed it, they failed to get into the top 5, at a point where SGA & OKC might be too good to continue losing & not yet good enough to be a contender with SGA.

Sorry Vic, unless OKC covet 3J I think you're out of luck on SGA. Memphis would be better off just trying to get into the top 5 for someone like Green themselves, They would have to overpay to get into the top 5 alone, then overpay OKC to pry SGA.

IMO not doable without OKC having interest in 3J's potential. Targeting 3J does the 2 things for OKC I stated above.

1, Resets timeline on a high ceiling prospect.

2, The still raw 22yo prospect 3J, allows them to continue to lose without having to sit a contributing player like Horford as they did this past year only to strike out in the lottery.

Therein the point of trading SGA, reset the draft timeline. One thing is certain, OKC fans won't be on board trading SGA to reset their draft timeline.

I don't think JJJ resets the timeline for them though if they believe SGA isn't fitting their timeline. I'd think they'd want young players with years left on rookie deals. That isn't JJJ.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#111 » by Whole Truth » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:14 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I don't think JJJ resets the timeline for them though if they believe SGA isn't fitting their timeline. I'd think they'd want young players with years left on rookie deals. That isn't JJJ.

While 3J is entering contract extension talks, he does reset their timeline on 2 fronts.. He's still only 22 & he still needs development, which will allow OKC to spend time in the lottery developing his high ceiling as a prospect without having to sit veterans in order to lose games for more high end picks..

SGA's advancement has put them in no mans land where they're throwing games & he wants to win.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#112 » by scottyg » Thu Jul 8, 2021 8:01 pm

How bout some type of trade with the bulls -

Bulls get -
- Justice Winslow
- Jaren Jackson III

Grizzlies get -
- Tomas Satoransky
- Lauri Markannen
- 2021 pick # 36
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#113 » by VCfor3 » Thu Jul 8, 2021 9:15 pm

scottyg wrote:How bout some type of trade with the bulls -

Bulls get -
- Justice Winslow
- Jaren Jackson III

Grizzlies get -
- Tomas Satoransky
- Lauri Markannen
- 2021 pick # 36

You'd get a very strong no from the front office. JJJ's value is significantly more than this I'd expect.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#114 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:09 pm

Sixers fan in peace here. Do you think the Grizz FO would be interested in a Harris for Anderson + Winslow deal?
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#115 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:24 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Sixers fan in peace here. Do you think the Grizz FO would be interested in a Harris for Anderson + Winslow deal?

That's a great question and one I have little insight into ha. Our FO keeps things close to their chest so there really hasn't been much of any indication on what direction they may try to take the team this offseason. I think if they wanted to go after a vet to firmly push us into the playoff conversation that this could be a deal they consider. Love Anderson and think he's a great player, but Tobias has a bit more creation which we need. Wish he was more SF than PF with JJJ there but not much I can do about that. Anderson would fit very well with you guys especially if you end up moving Simmons at some point. I don't know what kind of value the FO would assign Harris or Anderson, but I'm sure the two FOs can balance the deal if needed.

My question for you is can Harris be a full time SF and still be as effective as he has been? He probably gets some run at PF when we put JJJ at center, but most of his time at least in the short term will be at SF next to JJJ and JV.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#116 » by Whole Truth » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:38 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Sixers fan in peace here. Do you think the Grizz FO would be interested in a Harris for Anderson + Winslow deal?

Both Anderson & Winslow are expiring contracts where Harris is tied up for the next 3yrs. I'd consider this & expand the trade if GS had interest in Harris upgrading SF/PF for them though.

Sixers trade - (Harris) receive (Anderson, Winslow, Looney) save - 2yrs 60m.

GS trade - (Wiggins, Looney, #7, 14) receive (Harris, Jones, #17, GS 24)

Memphis trade - (Anderson, Winslow, Jones, #17, GS 24) receive (Wiggins, #7, #14) absorb 1yr 25m
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#117 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:31 pm

VCfor3 wrote:

That's a great question and one I have little insight into ha. Our FO keeps things close to their chest so there really hasn't been much of any indication on what direction they may try to take the team this offseason. I think if they wanted to go after a vet to firmly push us into the playoff conversation that this could be a deal they consider. Love Anderson and think he's a great player, but Tobias has a bit more creation which we need. Wish he was more SF than PF with JJJ there but not much I can do about that. Anderson would fit very well with you guys especially if you end up moving Simmons at some point. I don't know what kind of value the FO would assign Harris or Anderson, but I'm sure the two FOs can balance the deal if needed.

My question for you is can Harris be a full time SF and still be as effective as he has been? He probably gets some run at PF when we put JJJ at center, but most of his time at least in the short term will be at SF next to JJJ and JV.

It's tough to say. The only time we saw him start at SF in Philly was besides Embiid + Horford, which was a terrible fit (especially with Simmons running the point).

That being said, he's remained very lean compared to 3 years ago. Offensively, I see no issues with him playing the 3. Defensively, he lacks the lateral quickness to stay in front of many 3's. I'd stagger him down to the 4 when possible. This is how I'd divvy up minutes played by position in the regular season:

Morant(32)/Jones(16)
Brooks(8)/Melton(20)/Allen(16)/Bane(4)
Harris(16)/Brooks(20)/Bane(12)
Jackson(8)/Clarke(24)/Harris(16)
Jonas(28)/Jackson(20)
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,814

Post#118 » by psman2 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:35 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

It's tough to say. The only time we saw him start at SF in Philly was besides Embiid + Horford, which was a terrible fit (especially with Simmons running the point).

That being said, he's remained very lean compared to 3 years ago. Offensively, I see no issues with him playing the 3. Defensively, he lacks the lateral quickness to stay in front of many 3's. I'd stagger him down to the 4 when possible. This is how I'd divvy up minutes played by position in the regular season:

Morant(32)/Jones(16)
Brooks(8)/Melton(20)/Allen(16)/Bane(4)
Harris(16)/Brooks(20)/Bane(12)
Jackson(8)/Clarke(24)/Harris(16)
Jonas(28)/Jackson(20)

I don’t think Harris would be an option unless we moved off of Val and JJJ is seeing the bulk of his minutes at center. Harris is too expensive to play out of position which he would be. Harris should not really be seeing any minutes as SF going forward on any team.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#119 » by VCfor3 » Mon Aug 2, 2021 10:54 pm

Everything could be quite different when you read this, but right now Miami has Lowry/Butler/Robinson/?/Bam with Herro as a 6th man. They really need a glue PF.

Nunn SnT plus Miami 1st (2025 or two years after the pick obligation to OKC extinguished) for Anderson interest anyone?
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,297

Post#120 » by winforlose » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:39 pm

Hi guys, Wolves fan here. I saw that you guys are trying to trade Dylan Brooks and I had an idea for a three team trade. Just gonna post it here and ask for opinions.

Wolves send our first lottery protected and Jarred Vanderbilt via sign and trade to the Grizzlies, Grizzlies send Dillion Brooks and a second to Cleveland, Cleveland sends the Wolves Larry Nance Jr. We could also include Layman in the deal if the money is an issue.

Wolves get a solid PF who can play either starter or backup. Griz get a first as well as young player with upside, Cavs get a starting level Shooting guard on a reasonable contract.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies