Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:37 pm

Read on Twitter
Whole Truth
Analyst
And1: 2,454

Re: Game 7: MEM vs LAL 

Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:14 am

Better whistle in this one, James already working the refs end of quarter. lol

Dieng has been a catalyst. He's playing very well.

Memphis hanging with the Lakers down 3 starters.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,114

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:11 am

Unrelated to our game, but Jarrett Allen went off tonight. 19pts, 18 reb, 1 ast, 3 stl, 2 blk, 0 TO, 1 foul.

He is a RFA next offseason. Could be an interesting backup target if we don't use our cap space on someone else. Would let us move JV too if we wanted or could be a replacement if JV is already moved this season (don't expect this).
Whole Truth
Analyst

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:24 am

I want to give the officiating crew some credit for letting Memphis have a chance to compete tonight.
E S V L
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#5 » by E S V L » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:30 am

What are your guys thoughts on Tillman?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:33 am

Proud of our guys for fighting this game and last. Should be good experience for them before some get reduced roles when everyone else comes back. I'd love a top draft pick, but I don't see our guys letting that happen and I'm happy with that. Great culture getting built.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:38 am

E S V L wrote:What are your guys thoughts on Tillman?

Still has a ways to go but I like what I've seen from him thus far. He plays hard and is a solid passer for a big. I don't know if he will ever be a starter, but could see him being a high end bench player which is great for where we drafted him.
E S V L
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#8 » by E S V L » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:54 am

VCfor3 wrote:

Still has a ways to go but I like what I've seen from him thus far. He plays hard and is a solid passer for a big. I don't know if he will ever be a starter, but could see him being a high end bench player which is great for where we drafted him.

I have reasonable expectations, too. I only wonder how close is he to be called a legit, serviceable role bench NBA player he was drafted as.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#9 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:21 am

E S V L wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

I have reasonable expectations, too. I only wonder how close is he to be called a legit, serviceable role bench NBA player he was drafted as.

It'll be interesting to see how he looks moving forward. I wonder if his previous injury is effecting him much right now.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,020

Post#10 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:48 am

He puts me in the mindset of Malik Rose. Undersized PF/C energy and hustle player who respect the game and knows his role. Can spell some minutes behing JV/Dieng when necessary and make it tough for his opponent down in the post.
Whole Truth
Analyst

Post#11 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:41 am

Tillman was solid defensively & though he had some offensive struggle, he looked like he could be a capable 2 way backup, It helped that Dieng carried the unit offensively & took most of the defensive pressure ,..

If Dieng continues to play like this he'll raise his player value along with being a nice 17m expiring. Didn't hurt that he showed out against the team to beat. Another good game from him on both ends.

I liked that Jenkins had Jonas matched up with Gasol but didn't like the offensive strategy of trying to back him down instead of stretching him out. Jonas didn't attempt 1 3 & he was mostly open .. Holding ground, is Gasol's defensive wheel house, even Embiid couldn't back him down to where he was held scoreless multiple times, so it's no surprise, since Jonas rookie season, this was probably his most inefficient game to date. Credit Gasol.. but IMO poor strategy in that matchup. Boston in the Raps playoff series used the corner 3 to successfully stretch the **** out of Gasol. Got to get those old legs moving.

If Memphis had 3J to put on Davis, they win this one. I stand by my original post stating Morant would be the x factor for Memphis if this team were healthy. They would put a scare into the Champs in a 4 game set. Jenkins would also have Winslow to prevent Lebron from saying Dillon is too small.

No surprise here but despite a couple missed travels & flops, the more even whistle, meant a closer game. Great to see Memphis competitive in both against the champs, down 3 starters, 2 of which are their best players ...

Credit everyone. This was a good loss. Competitive with half the team out but one game closer to a top 10 pick.
Whole Truth
Analyst

Post#12 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:44 am

Gasol with 5 fouls is more indicative of his physical play than the first matchup. Can't say it enough, the officials last night were solid outside a couple travelling violations.

A fair whistle is all we ask.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies