VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

WOJ: League cancels next three Grizz games 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Looks like we had someone test positive and now they are holding the whole team out as a precaution. Makes sense.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: WOJ: League cancels next three Grizz games 

Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:20 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Looks like we had someone test positive and now they are holding the whole team out as a precaution. Makes sense.

Kat supposedly tested positive, Jonas was supposedly held out do to his game/contact with Kat, yet Wolves have only missed 1 game, while Grizz are now projected to miss 5 ..

I'd have to think more than one player/personnel has tested positive. Jonas was held out & missed 2 games Grizz have played, you'd think, if this contact was due to him they'd just continue to play without him, not so?..

IDK how they do their contact tracing protocol but I said it then too, which is, if they played against an infected Kat/Minnesota team, how is it Jonas was the only player held out due to contact tracing, they were all exposed to Kat/Minnesota & Jonas, yet Grizz played 2 games while only Jonas sat ..

It doesn't make sense that CONTACT protocol didn't quarantine the entire team as a result to Kat testing positive .. Suggests to me the possibility of false testing.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:56 am

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Kat supposedly tested positive, Jonas was supposedly held out do to his game/contact with Kat, yet Wolves have only missed 1 game, while Grizz are now projected to miss 5 ..

I'd have to think more than one player/personnel has tested positive. Jonas was held out & missed 2 games Grizz have played, you'd think, if this contact was due to him they'd just continue to play without him, not so?..

IDK how they do their contact tracing protocol but I said it then too, which is, if they played against an infected Kat/Minnesota team, how is it Jonas was the only player held out due to contact tracing, they were all exposed to Kat/Minnesota & Jonas, yet Grizz played 2 games while only Jonas sat ..

It doesn't make sense that CONTACT protocol didn't quarantine the entire team as a result to Kat testing positive .. Suggests to me the possibility of false testing.

They changed the protocol recently due to all the positive tests so that may be a factor in why the extra precaution.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:23 am

Wednesday vs Chicago postponed now too
Read on Twitter
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#5 » by Whole Truth » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:50 am

VCfor3 wrote:Wednesday vs Chicago postponed now too
Read on Twitter

With no new players in health & safety protocol ...

Yet Minnesota, the beginning of Jonas/Memphis contact tracing have missed one game & are still playing.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#6 » by vanjulio » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:54 am

I dont know about how the typical NBA fan feels this year but to me the BUBBLE season had more legitimacy than this one so far. I can't bring myself to watch any of it. I thought it was important at the time of lockdowns in this country to resume some sense of normalcy inside the bubble. But given that our country is in far worse shape - the fact they are continuing to flaunt the health and safety of people for the sake of television ratings is abhorrent. The games are pointless and arbitrary now that so many have been canceled. Players who took a stand and opted out of the bubble come back and we see them dancing and partying and going to night clubs and getting sick. They reveal themselves to the media "I feel like I have no life I just go to the gym and back home each day" ring so hollow to a people that have had literally everything taken from them in their lives and life itself take from them. It is just pathetic. Will anyone remember the Lakers won the Bubble trophy? The next year draft class will be empty and full of players that havent even played a real game in NCAA.
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:56 am

These cancelled games will be difficult to make up. Who's to say how the NBA themselves can better address how the players need to take the pandemic more seriously. It's hard enough to play the game itself when you're around other players on the floor on game nights. The chances to get the symptoms is high as a grocery store employee could can the virus from either customer or employee.

As for getting ppl to try and keep up with social distancing is as difficult as it gets. It's like getting society to lock themselves down like being in a prison or sorts. To limit yourself to certain places as this pandemic has taken our ability to live freely within reason. Being social is human nature and to just commit to the ideal of isolating from forms of human contact has proven difficult. You have some ppl who are doing their best. However it's difficult as we humans have always function through social contact.

Some simply do not care and don't take the virus seriously as it has either effected them or their relatives yet. But ppl have and continue to die from this virus. We have a long way to go towards getting clear of this virus for good. It's clear that it has change the way we live our lives through work, mentally, entertainment, politics, safety, financially, and etc. It's a difficult circumstance that we are suffering through together worldwide. I wish that this virus can get the f**k outta here for keeps.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies