Game 21: MEM @ LAL

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Re: Game 21: MEM @ LAL 

Post#21 » by jman3134 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:07 am

Night. Time to catch up on G League Ignite's second game.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#22 » by SD2042 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:23 am

Whole Truth wrote:29 FT's to 8. lol

8 on 5 in the building this game.

Whole Truth wrote:Brooks continues to kill Memphis offensively. At times in this game he was the Lakers best player.

Brooks is given carte blanche to shoot like he's a proverbial top notch shooter. On a contender team, Brooks will be a fourth option to a sixth man at best.

jman3134 wrote:On our side, I like how Allen played. I like what I have seen from Kyle this year. I like Dieng but his bonehead fouls hurt us tonight. Ja didn't bring enough. We need another star player. Trade Brooks.

the refs got parked in the Grizzlies heads in the second half given the free throw disparity per Truth's point in the thread.

jman3134 wrote:You would think they would make reforms after what came out about game fixing by Tim Donaghy. Free throw disparity was a top sign. I didn't see the whole game, but there were some egregious calls in the 2nd half.

Edit: not saying there is a fix, but you can't have that kind of free throw disparity.

When it comes down to politics and sports, the part to alluded to with with Tim Donaghy shows how influcing games still exist. It fits into that sports entertainment narrative for the money and ratings.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#23 » by E S V L » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Please stop blaming Brooks for everything. Let’s always blame those who shot and missed. That’s too simplistic.
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#24 » by E S V L » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:33 pm

Lebron is a pathetic clown not a superstar. That’s my takeaway of the game.
FK NFL
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#25 » by VCfor3 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:15 pm

Yeah the Refs killed us that game. Add in the unforced turnovers and it was too big of a hill to climb. I'm ready for JJJ to get back and for us to hopefully have at least a short stretch with everyone healthy and available so that we can see what we really have.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#26 » by Whole Truth » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:12 pm

SD2042 wrote: When it comes down to politics and sports, the part to alluded to with with Tim Donaghy shows how influcing games still exist. It fits into that sports entertainment narrative for the money and ratings.

Sports is a billion dollar business first & foremost, I understand this aspect of it. The game was the Lakers & the face of the league on ESPN vs a non playoff team. In the end they got to peddle their stars & the Lakers D, lol.

Could the Lakers have come back on their own?, possibly but we'll never know because they didn't.

Understand the Vogel challenge . Refs made a terrible call, Vogel challenges, which shows "the refs were trying to help Memphis on that play giving them a call they didn't deserve", lol. Understand the psychology of it all.. It's what they were doing for the Lakers majority of the game but for casuals watching, look at this favorable call for Memphis. If we know Lakers were getting favorable calls, best believe they/Vogel did too, so why rub it in with a challenge with the game in hand ?....

Same thing in the NO's televised game. They make a bad call on Zion which doesn't send Memphis to the line, then proceed to hit Memphis with 4-5 bad calls in succession which cuts their 12pt lead... Question or complain about it, what do you mean Zion just got a terrible call... At this point because of my OCD I can point out all their tricks to manipulate games ... It's not human error for the most part. (If a Gortat screen made Wall look better, they would never call his moving screens... If a Harden forearm made him more potent offensively ... If a favored team can get dominated in the paint, the smaller team will get away with more physical contact in the post .. I could go on & on concerning officiating "subjectivity".

I just wish Memphis would have shown a little more fight, regardless. They imploded with Lebron Gloating. Stop letting bad call dictate how they inevitably play. because it is possible to play through it. They need to get tougher mentally..

Return to Memphis Grizzlies