Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,301

Dieng waived 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:32 am

Read on Twitter

Glad we let him keep all of his money. We didn't need any savings and he has been a great vet for us by all accounts. Think he is a sneaky good pickup for someone. Wish him the best moving forward!
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,098

Re: Dieng waived 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:13 am

Dieng was as solid as he was during his time as a Grizzly, I wish Gorgui well as he moves forward with his life and career as he lands with his next team.
Whole Truth
Analyst
And1: 2,595

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:22 pm

Now that Memphis don't need to sift through their deep front court for Data collection, trade deadline & have opened a roster spot at C by waiving Dieng, 3J now has a set date to return in a couple days.

Tell me his delay wasn't strategic.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:04 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Now that Memphis don't need to sift through their deep front court for Data collection, trade deadline & have opened a roster spot at C by waiving Dieng, 3J now has a set date to return in a couple days.

It very well could've been strategic by the Grizzlies. My hopes is that 3J is 100% healthy and is not getting rush back. They do not need a Jonathan Issac situation where he gets rushed back and get another injury that extends him out longer than the first round.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,301

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:48 pm

SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:Now that Memphis don't need to sift through their deep front court for Data collection, trade deadline & have opened a roster spot at C by waiving Dieng, 3J now has a set date to return in a couple days.

It very well could've been strategic by the Grizzlies. My hopes is that 3J is 100% healthy and is not getting rush back. They do not need a Jonathan Issac situation where he gets rushed back and get another injury that extends him out longer than the first round.

Yeah I think we were just being extra cautious. I also think there was at least a minor setback of some kind.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:49 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

Yeah I think we were just being extra cautious. I also think there was at least a minor setback of some kind.

I rather be cautious than playing a bad hand by rushing 3J back in the fold. Health first.

Speaking of Dieng, it seems he's found a home with the Spurs. Good call on his part.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies