Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Game 59: MEM @ POR 

Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:35 pm

Memphis getting ass **** by a joke league but still up 12 3rd Q,

Nurkic getting his ass wiped on both ends. Even got one of his fouls overturned where he clearly hit Jonas on the elbow first, lol.

That tip ball ruling resulted in Memphis getting an easy 4ots, karma.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:02 pm

Melton consecutive poor decisions. Swung what should have been a 16pt game, lead now only 5 off of Melo getting hot from 3.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:08 pm

Brooks answering Melo, lead back to 12 with 6 to go.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Whole Truth » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:11 pm

Morant for 333333333333333, love it.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Whole Truth » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:18 pm

Refs have been trying to pull Portland back into this game, you knew they were going to call a flagrant on Jonas block attempt, lol. Zero intent, zero follow through.

They had no problem ignoring Clippers big men with an intentional rake & head butt on Jaren.

Subjectivity of rules = game control.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Whole Truth » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:36 pm

Memphis says **** you.

Wins another 5 vs 8.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#8 » by VCfor3 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:49 pm

Thought we were going to mess around and lose there at the end. Huge steal by Ja. The Allen steal was big too but man was Allen bad down the stretch. Should have been Melton instead. Oh well we got the win and I got to see this:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Whole Truth » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:45 am

VCfor3 wrote:Thought we were going to mess around and lose there at the end. Huge steal by Ja. The Allen steal was big too but man was Allen bad down the stretch. Should have been Melton instead. Oh well we got the win and I got to see this:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Man on the GB had a pretty good description of Allen's play down the stretch. Said he was playing like he was shaving pts. One sequence, Allen fouled Nurkic on a sure dunk attempt from behind for a cheap & 1 to make it a 1 possession game 35 secs left, only to follow it up by looking off a man open from 3 in the corner, drive & turn the ball over. If Blazers had of converted off of that TO it could have been a different outcome. Single handily cost Memphis a double digit lead out doing Melton's poor 3rd Q showing.

Officiating & careless play almost cost Memphis another win. I know they're the youngest team in the league & young teams make mistakes but to put it simply, being young is not an excuse for being stupid... if they want to make noise down the stretch & maybe playoffs they need to be smarter, value possessions & think the game.

Morant is a walking highlight reel, he's been playing extremely well, getting hot at the right time.

That first link, Nurkic fouled Ja from behind & if the refs were calling this game fairly, he would have fouled out but he was allowed to play defense, by fouling. That over turned call, he clearly hit Jonas elbow first among several other non calls.. but Karma bit them in the ass with Anderson getting an easy 2, followed by a Morant steal.

Can't wait for Jonas & Jaren to share the court.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#10 » by E S V L » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah... let`s sign Powell for 20m/y :nod:
FK NFL
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Whole Truth » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:52 pm

E S V L wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love the pot shot, it gives me a platform.

Powell put up 17/5/4 with 3 steals on 50% shooting playing out of position at SF.

He struggled playing SF in Toronto too, broke out playing the 2. Portland with Lilliard & McCullum is a terrible fit for Norm.

Also, with your reference to the tweet, with Little falling on the play, if you're Norm following a scouting report, who do you cover from 3, Allen or Morant? As good as Morant has been of late, the pump fake was all that was needed to shed Norm with Little on the floor.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#12 » by E S V L » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:03 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
E S V L wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
Read on Twitter

Powell put up 17/5/4 with 3 steals on 50% shooting playing out of position at SF.

He struggled playing SF in Toronto too, broke out playing the 2. Portland with Lilliard & McCullum is a terrible fit for Norm.

Also, with your reference to the tweet, with Little falling on the play, if you're Norm following a scouting report, who do you cover from 3, Allen or Morant? As good as Morant has been of late, the pump fake was all that was needed to shed Norm with Little on the floor.

Powell didn`t look focused on defense. Lazy body language. Gave up early. Would you agree?
FK NFL
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Whole Truth » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:09 am

E S V L wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
E S V L wrote:

Powell didn`t look focused on defense. Lazy body language. Gave up early. Would you agree?

Agree.., I've seen him play better.

Portland is built on 2 selfish guards who don't play defense. Same reason you reward a big man for running the floor. When players get isolated they don't be as engaged, would you agree?.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#14 » by E S V L » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:14 am

Whole Truth wrote:
E S V L wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

Agree.., I've seen him play better.

Portland is built on 2 selfish guards who don't play defense. Same reason you reward a big man for running the floor. When players get isolated they don't be as engaged, would you agree?.

I would. Finally, would you expect Brooks or the Grindfather to stop fighting because their teammates are not in a good mood? I cannot imagine. This is the Grizz identity.
FK NFL

Return to Memphis Grizzlies