X-factor

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

X-factor 

Post#1 » by E S V L » Wed May 12, 2021 2:13 pm

It was a great win over Dallas.

But there is the bad news, too. I saw another example of this team playing great with Xavier at C.

I am afraid we should trade both JV and JJJ this summer and draft I.Jackson as a C backup.

We are a better team when we (1) defend collectively and (2), on offence, we have space under the rim and, all 5 are versatile and light on their legs.
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst

Re: X-factor 

Post#2 » by E S V L » Wed May 12, 2021 3:48 pm

Let me share my morning dreams :)

1. JJJ, Allen and cap to GSW for Wiggins, #6, #17
2. JV and Kyle to SAC for #8
3. We draft: Scottie Barnes (#6), Jalen Johnson (#8), I.Jackson (#16). Second round: Nix and Lewis.

We go to the next season with:

Ja - Tyus/Nix
Melton - Bane/Lewis
Brooks - Konchar/Barnes
Clarke - Johnson/Tillie
Tillman - Jackson/Porter

PS Johnson and Barnes are all future superstars. Jackson is a defensive beast. Nix and Lewis as great ceilings.
FK NFL
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Thu May 13, 2021 1:14 pm

Dream? it looks more like a nightmare. Picks don't play games, they're basically lottery tickets. Miss on any of them and everything Memphis has done to date is down the drain.

What was your reaction when Jonas fouled out 3rd Q vs NO's where Tillman had to play & the team made 3FG attempts the entire Q to not only blow a 14pt lead but go into the 4th Q down 6 where it was Jonas starting the 4th that kick started the offense ?.

The difference between the Mavs & Pelican games was not Tillman or Jonas, it was the teams overall offensive execution. Otherwise you'd have to say Tillman was as bad against NO's as he was good against Dallas..

Tillman makes Jonas expendable ? Jonas leads the team in win shares with 7.2, what Tillman does is make Memphis effective in small ball rotations which is what we/I hope Jaren will be better than. As I've mentioned from the start, Jonas is matchup dominant & he gives the team a different dynamic they won't have without him.

Tillman makes 3J expendable ? he has the highest ceiling of any player on the team at 20, including Ja, which is what you're after with those lotto picks, franchise potential & while 3J has a ways to go to develop, make no mistake he is what Memphis needs. A 2 way stretch 5 with size & agility that has an aggressive PG with great court vision. Only reason to trade 3J IMO is if Memphis don't believe he can stay healthy.

IMO, they need to keep all of Jonas/Tillman & 3J. The question is, what to do with Anderson & Clarke with 3J currently best suited at the 4?. Neither player has his ceiling, which raises the team ceiling. Anderson is producing but he's also an experienced vet with yrs under his belt in relation to a raw 20yo that has missed 1.8 of his early development 3yrs to injury.

Jonas / Tillman - 3J
3J / Anderson or Clarke ? - Tillie
Brooks / Tillie - Konchar - Anderson ?
Bane / Melton - Brooks
Ja / Tyus - Melton

Dream is to luck or trade into a top 5 21 pick. If Memphis have to attempt to trade in, you ideally want minimal roster impact, they have 2 picks both lightly protected but only one with projected value. Memphis own 21 pick if no lotto luck & a potential FRP to offer up in order to entice along with maybe Clarke or Allen as young proven talent that are currently not ingrained in what has Memphis where they are currently.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:05 pm

JJJ could play PF next to Tillman better than Clarke. Tillman is good but I'm not dumping JJJ and JV for him. WCS was killing us against Dallas and Tillman was his main defender. There are times where Tillman would be a better matchup and times where JV would be better.

Related a bit though:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/262568/Grizzlies-Concerned-About-Durability-Of-Jaren-Jackson-Jr
Another article about how everyone wants to go to NYK lol
E S V L
Analyst

Post#5 » by E S V L » Fri May 14, 2021 2:13 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Related a bit though:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/262568/Grizzlies-Concerned-About-Durability-Of-Jaren-Jackson-Jr
Another article about how everyone wants to go to NYK lol

:D

PS I suggest that they put together a good offer first
FK NFL

Return to Memphis Grizzlies