ImageImage

[Woj] Allen to MIL for Merrill and two 2nds

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 5,086
And1: 2,771
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

[Woj] Allen to MIL for Merrill and two 2nds 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter


Save money, can waive Merrill for nothing and open a roster spot, and slightly clean up the SG rotation. Glad we did Allen a solid and sent him to a good team. He's been better than most fans realize and I hope he gets to show that this year.
E S V L
Analyst
Posts: 3,394
And1: 960
Joined: Dec 19, 2017

Re: [Woj] Allen to MIL for Merrill and two 2nds 

Post#2 » by E S V L » Fri Aug 6, 2021 7:40 pm

Predictable. No emotions on my end. He was great with us. Similar to JV, it reached the point where parting aways makes best sense.
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst
Posts: 3,394
And1: 960
Joined: Dec 19, 2017

Re: [Woj] Allen to MIL for Merrill and two 2nds 

Post#3 » by E S V L » Fri Aug 6, 2021 10:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
FK NFL
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,672
And1: 6,563
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: [Woj] Allen to MIL for Merrill and two 2nds 

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 7, 2021 2:32 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Save money, can waive Merrill for nothing and open a roster spot, and slightly clean up the SG rotation. Glad we did Allen a solid and sent him to a good team. He's been better than most fans realize and I hope he gets to show that this year.


Merrill is $500k guaranteed, but must be waived by close of business tomorrow (Saturday).
DrWood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,843
And1: 1,819
Joined: Jul 08, 2014
     

Re: [Woj] Allen to MIL for Merrill and two 2nds 

Post#5 » by DrWood » Sat Aug 7, 2021 9:35 am

Merrill has the potential to be a rotational guard. Not a creator, but can shoot. Isn't terrible on defense. pretty high BBIQ.
E S V L
Analyst
Posts: 3,394
And1: 960
Joined: Dec 19, 2017

Re: [Woj] Allen to MIL for Merrill and two 2nds 

Post#6 » by E S V L » Sun Aug 8, 2021 3:34 pm

DrWood wrote:Merrill has the potential to be a rotational guard. Not a creator, but can shoot. Isn't terrible on defense. pretty high BBIQ.


As we haven’t waived him (surprisingly to me), I wonder why do the Bucks think his value is 2 2nds + 3m lower than the Allen one?
FK NFL
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 5,086
And1: 2,771
Joined: May 11, 2017
 

Re: [Woj] Allen to MIL for Merrill and two 2nds 

Post#7 » by VCfor3 » Sun Aug 8, 2021 6:38 pm

E S V L wrote:
DrWood wrote:Merrill has the potential to be a rotational guard. Not a creator, but can shoot. Isn't terrible on defense. pretty high BBIQ.


As we haven’t waived him (surprisingly to me), I wonder why do the Bucks think his value is 2 2nds + 3m lower than the Allen one?

He played on our G League bubble team. He is still potential more than substance where as Allen is win-now substance to surround Giannis with.
E S V L
Analyst
Posts: 3,394
And1: 960
Joined: Dec 19, 2017

Re: [Woj] Allen to MIL for Merrill and two 2nds 

Post#8 » by E S V L » Sun Aug 8, 2021 8:56 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
E S V L wrote:
DrWood wrote:Merrill has the potential to be a rotational guard. Not a creator, but can shoot. Isn't terrible on defense. pretty high BBIQ.


As we haven’t waived him (surprisingly to me), I wonder why do the Bucks think his value is 2 2nds + 3m lower than the Allen one?

He played on our G League bubble team. He is still potential more than substance where as Allen is win-now substance to surround Giannis with.


They are both 25, so it is a bit hard to treat Merril as a prospect and discuss his potential.
FK NFL
jman3134
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,866
And1: 808
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Follow me on Twitter: JTMBasketball
Contact:
 

Re: [Woj] Allen to MIL for Merrill and two 2nds 

Post#9 » by jman3134 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:50 pm

I am just happy we are acquiring some 2nd round assets....

Return to Memphis Grizzlies