Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:19 pm

Read on Twitter
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,861

Re: Game 3: MEM @ LAL 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:27 pm

First back-to-back of the season. Here's to hoping our guys don't get gassed too quick. This would be a big win for us both in terms of record in the West and for the LAL 1st we own. I see no way the pick falls into the top 10 aside from lottery luck so any loss now should help us get a slightly better pick later.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,112

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:52 am

VCfor3 wrote:First back-to-back of the season. Here's to hoping our guys don't get gassed too quick. This would be a big win for us both in terms of record in the West and for the LAL 1st we own. I see no way the pick falls into the top 10 aside from lottery luck so any loss now should help us get a slightly better pick later.

I wonder how the Lakers state of mind is after the altercation from the other night?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:02 am

SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:First back-to-back of the season. Here's to hoping our guys don't get gassed too quick. This would be a big win for us both in terms of record in the West and for the LAL 1st we own. I see no way the pick falls into the top 10 aside from lottery luck so any loss now should help us get a slightly better pick later.

I wonder how the Lakers state of mind is after the altercation from the other night?

Hopefully they are still bothered by it ha. I'm not sure how well we can slow down Bron and AD. Melton will probably be on WB.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:33 am

What. A. Game.

I hate that Morant missed that last FT after playing out of his mind. Most of the team was just going through the motions for a while there and Ja kept us in it with his 3pt shooting. If Morant and Adams could have connected on that freebie layup we would have won.

-Ja is pushing for All NBA right now. We have a superstar and are watching him take the leap.
-Ja and Adams had a few miscommunications tonight. Unfortunate but very expected as Adams figures out his new teammates. He definitely has played games the last few years with someone who passes down low like Ja.
-JJJ isn't strong/aggressive enough in the paint. Seems timid and gets easily blocked. Watching him makes me think he put in a lot of work on his post game in an empty gym while never practicing against NBA defenders. Would love for him to get to keep working with Adams to try and get that fixed.
-Melton was kind of up and down this game. Did a lot of good stuff but also had some rough stretches.
-Tillman made his appearance. I thought he played fairly well honestly.
-Anderson has had some ROUGH shooting nights. Missing shots he used to be automatic on. His struggles have really hurt the bench unit.
-Ziaire looked very much like a rookie out there missing multiple defensive assignments. His shot looks smooth though. Not playing him very well may have won us the game, but I don't mind him getting some reps this season. Most games it won't matter.
-Bane did as well as you could hope against Bron tonight.
-Clarke was decent for us.
-Tyus had his work cut out for him with our bench unit tonight. Did okish, but we need to get our bench figured out. It was supposed to be a strength for us but it has been struggling. Brooks coming back and pushing one of Bane or Melton (likely Melton) to the bench will help.
-Melo killed us. Yeesh. Grats to him on #9 all time scorer.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by VCfor3 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:58 pm

Also shout out to Jenkins with a key challenge down the stretch that we won

Return to Memphis Grizzlies